Taylor Martinez limping badly, but takes time to take photos with fans.

Husker1995

I think this post gives a little bit of perspective on Taylor Martinez.

I have seen alot of people making assumptions about Taylor's character.

Well here is a positive story about the kid.

http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?11147-I-saw-TM-this-morning...

...leaving North Stadium Complex at about 10AM. Took the family down to show them the trophies before we headed back to CO.

I could tell it was him by the way he was walking. This kid is in some REAL pain folks. I assume he was coming out after getting some treatment but he could hardly walk without obvious pain. He looked like he needed crutches.

I am not sure why he even suited up yesterday and I will be shocked if he is even remotely close to being ready for the game in Dallas.

H-D's thread got me thinking and I wanted to relay this next part to you all. My family was standing by the TO statue and TM was heading for his car. He was just about to get in when another family' date=' getting out of their car saw him and asked him to pose for a photo. He didn't have to, but this kid gimped across the parking lot, mustered up a grin for the fans, allowed them to take several photos, then signed about a half dozen autographs before heading back to his car. There were no reporters, no video cameras, just TM and some fans. He looked like any other 19/20 yr old Husker student athlete. From what I saw, he represented very well what we all believe in.

I wanted to relay this story because I think there are a ton of misperceptions about this young man floating around cyberspace. I think we all could stand to cut him some slack and send some prayers his way for a speedy recovery. As good as CG played last night, NU really does need TM!!!

Go Big Red!!![/quote']

• Fire 3

The limp is his normal walk, it helps him with his running :)

Depending on the extent of his injuries, I hope they dont put the needles in him to make the pain go away. Id much rather lose a game than run the risk of long term injury to a talented kid that has been beat up mentally by the fans, and physically on the field.

The limp is his normal walk, it helps him with his running :)

Depending on the extent of his injuries, I hope they dont put the needles in him to make the pain go away. Id much rather lose a game than run the risk of long term injury to a talented kid that has been beat up mentally by the fans, and physically on the field.

Agreed 100%.

I was at a benefit for a family friend (who recently passed away) tonight. There was a silent auction and there was at least one football signed by Martinez available to bid on. Apparently our friend's daughter saw him at Scheel's in Lincoln and asked if she would buy some balls, if he would sign them. She explained the situation fully and said Taylor was very happy to do it. Nice to hear a story like this after all the "bad" things that people, including myself, have been saying about the guy.

Not that I have anything against Taylor personally, but even if all of those stories are true, they aren't exactly counter-arguments to what we've heard. All of those things can easily be a part of one person's personality.

While these stories do not excatly contradict the bad stories we have heard, they do seem unlike the arrogant guy the bad stories have made him out to be. Great to hear and I'm glad he is there for the fans when they need him to be.