Why can we get NO credit

Suhness

Stewart Mandel has us picked to beat Oklahoma on Saturday and Chris Fowler ranked us SIXTH in his last poll.

Does that help?

Kind of

Seriously though, I'm new to this site, and I don't want to come off this way.

I don't want to sound whiny, but there is a lot of ill-informed opinions all over the place. I think I'm more just frustrated with the fact that these 'experts' are supposed to know so much, yet they don't do their research because they are so busy talking about Cam Newton, BSU, or TCU. It would just be nice to find someboody who actually knows something. Like Robert Smith.

Sorry to come off whiny, I agree, that was whiny, but I think I came to the right place.

Wow. This is beyond the usual level of whining. Let's all calm down a little, eh?

You're kidding right? This whole board is about people whining. I'm just whining about something other than firing Watson, or Beebe treating us badly, or the Big XII has some kind of conspiracy, or the refs.......

It was more a whiny observation that almost nobody likes Nebraska or gives us any credit. The only publicity we got was a weeks worth of everyone saying they shouldn't send their kids to play for Pelini and how he is hot-tempered (even though Saban spanks McElroy, and Mike Stoops is just as bad if not worse than Pelini)

Top to bottom they only seem to report negatively, or discredit us whenever possible. Except for our defense........

To be honest, what is there to report positively about anything BUT our defense? When T-Mart was rolling, he was getting tons of pub. The offense was clicking and everybody was hyping us up. Lee Corso picked us pre-season to win the national championship. Now the offense is bad and the defense is good again, just like last year. I saw the Nebraska-Colorado highlights more times than I expected on SportsCenter this weekend. Quit whining. We'll get there, but we aren't there yet.

I think I'm more just frustrated with the fact that these 'experts' are supposed to know so much, yet they don't do their research because they are so busy talking about Cam Newton, BSU, or TCU. It would just be nice to find someboody who actually knows something. Like Robert Smith.

Sorry to come off whiny, I agree, that was whiny, but I think I came to the right place.

No worries. We're all mostly just busting your chops. We've all been frustrated just like this.

I just don't get it. No matter what we do, or what other teams don't do, we CANNOT get any love from anyone. Forde, Mandel, Herbstreit, James, barely Ubben, pretty much anyone willing to talk about the Huskers except Robert Smith.

Somebody on Forde's chat asked which defense they would like to see against Oregon's offense. TCU or Nebraska. He immediately responded with the whole "TCU is #1 in scoring defense and the #1 defense." At first I thought maybe he would just want to see TCU, a non AQ team just to see, but when he used the ranking, it just pissed me off. Who has TCU played? Nobody. They shut down Utah, but where are they now? Nebraska is the second best(?), and has gotten that by playing teams that are FAR superior to anything TCU has played. Are the opponents factored into the ranking, or is it just what you've done through the season? I would think these guys are smart enough to give us some love and make some exceptions, I guess not.

:facepalm:

I agree with you somewhat. I mean, Miami at the beginning of the season was getting all kinds of love. Penn State seems to get a pass for every 8-5 9-4 season after season. But it does seem sometimes national pundits almost seem to go our of their way to actually DIScredit some nice things we've done.

But hey, that's why i hang out here, cuz we get some sunshine pumped in by like minded people. Also, we have a very high standard at DONU, and unless we beat teams like texass and OU and not just Mizzou and OSU then we might not get the credit we deserve.

i feel for ya, I just ignore it or use it to make me that much more happy when we do win.

Wow. This is beyond the usual level of whining. Let's all calm down a little, eh?

You're kidding right? This whole board is about people whining. I'm just whining about something other than firing Watson, or Beebe treating us badly, or the Big XII has some kind of conspiracy, or the refs.......

It was more a whiny observation that almost nobody likes Nebraska or gives us any credit. The only publicity we got was a weeks worth of everyone saying they shouldn't send their kids to play for Pelini and how he is hot-tempered (even though Saban spanks McElroy, and Mike Stoops is just as bad if not worse than Pelini)

Top to bottom they only seem to report negatively, or discredit us whenever possible. Except for our defense........

im not defending the amount of complaining that goes on on this board, but when people do whine, its usually over something that has some impact on our team.

no offense, but what analysts say is completely irrelevant

When they base rankings for units on per game averages is an anomoly to me. Like last year bragging about Texas's "#1 rushing defense" all the time. Ummm, they dont play anybody who runs the ball, so no runs for a lot of yards against them. I say all stat rankings should be based on a Per Attempt basis, which would tell a lot more about the story. Like a very good running back on a very bad team that is always behing and always throwing the ball all over the place, we dont know how good he is by seing 50 ypg, but he is good with 50 ypg in 5 carries or 10 yards/att.

We also haven't won THAT BIG GAME in quite some time. I will guarantee if we win this weekend we will start getting more credit, and if we perform well throughout our horrific schedule next year things will change. Just getting to the BIG game isn't enough, we HAVE TO WIN IT!!!!

I would say beating an undefeated, #6 Missouri team who had just throttled undefeated, #1 Oklahoma was definitely a big game. In fact, our first win against a top ten team in a long time.

CN red is right we have not looked good in 4 weeks except the CU game therefore we lost ground to all the other top teams in the polls. You can blame it on the officials at Texas A&M but what about Kansas and Iowa games. This team in the pass 4 weeks have had the D show up and even then they pull boners on third down and long with penalties and missed assignments. Beat OU on Saturday and maybe a little love will show but no one trusts the huskers yet in the media.