Martinez won't play according to a "trusted source"

On the way to Dallas Im going to hang my a$$ out of the window through the entire state of Oklahoma. With a rather large N U painted on the cheeks. Taylor probably won't play, but the okblitz has no clue what they are reporting.

I'm not sure that's gonna do anything to help Taylor's turf toe.

What are you, a doctor? lol

And interestingly enough I am also suffering from turf toe currently and it is not a fun time. Common sense dictates that with turf toe, plus recovering from his high ankle sprain, plus general wear and tear, it has to be just too much to make Martinez an effective starter. But, then again, I am also not a doctor.

Exactly what is turf toe anyway?

I play volleyball and often called my injuries "turf toe" when my big toe bent UNDER my foot and I basically stepped on it. Happens a lot in sand/grass when you're not wearing shoes. Anyway. Hurts both ways I'm sure.

From Wikipedia....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turf_toe

Turf toe is a surface level condition characterized by a painful, red, swollen great toe caused by acute inflammation of the tendons on both the dorsal and plantar surfaces, often seen in those who play football, rugby, ultimate frisbee, beach soccer and wrestling.[1] An injury can result in acute and chronic pain (specifically, to the plantar capsular ligamentous complex), resulting in time lost from sports participation for a short- or long-term period. Classification of this injury is based on clinical findings and imaging studies, including plain radiographs and magnetic resonance imaging.[2]

Esp. if you're toe bent under your foot...you run a big risk of partially tearing and highly stressing a dorsiflexor tendon. Not exactly sure what the exact muscle tendon you would be injurying...I'm in school to become a PTA...and I am an educator in Exercise Science...hope Taylor has a speedy recovery!

Is it possible that this turf toe is just a ruse? I can't recall any point in which he looked to have injured his left foot or appeared to favor it. If anyone can recall this injury, please jog my memory.

Could be, but I think sometimes it develops over a game. He may have hurt it and played through it, and it got worse throughout the game and afterward. I don't know that much about it, but I can't recall that many times when someone came out and they took off the shoe and examined and iced the big toe, like you see with knees and ankles.

While bagging up a pair of peppermint shrimp and a neon dottyback, a trusted source in Lincoln has told OKBlitz.com Sports Director Dean Blevins via text message that Nebraska quarterback Taylor Martinez "isn't gonna go..." and that he would "be ineffective if he even tries to play." He then asked if Dean needed any replacement filters or zooplankton suspension.

+100000

While bagging up a pair of peppermint shrimp and a neon dottyback, a trusted source in Lincoln has told OKBlitz.com Sports Director Dean Blevins via text message that Nebraska quarterback Taylor Martinez "isn't gonna go..." and that he would "be ineffective if he even tries to play." He then asked if Dean needed any replacement filters or zooplankton suspension.

+100000

The insider has spoken.

0.jpg