Taylor rumor

Yea, not really sure what to believe. A lot of what's said rings very true though. I'm not sure how mad I would be if Tmart transferred. I will miss his play-making ability like crazy but I can surely do without all of the drama that seems to follow him around. The future is good at Nebraska with or without Taylor Martinez.

Not that you need my permission, but Mods, feel free to delete thread.

If it is true, which I don't have an opinion on yet, what do you think other schools will think about bringing them onto their squad? I'm sure there are a few teams out there that badly need a good QB, but how far are they going to go to kiss his arse?

newton. masoli. etc. there is always someone out there that will take a 'troubled' player. and honestly, martinez isnt even on the same level of 'trouble' as those two.

hell, even nebraska with sam keller.

FWIW, there was a thread on shaggybevo during the meltdown that was, while tongue in cheek, very receptive to taylor coming to texas. all while, in true shaggy fashion, calling nebraska and its fan idiots for wanting him gone.

Holy mackerel. This whole overblown fiasco is exactly the sort of thing that gets "I saw a guy walking along the beach" turned into "Jesus walked on water." The more time passes without confirmation of any facts from any party, the more extravagant and polluted the details get.

Socrates, here's my questions.

1. Has anyone confirmed that Taylor's father was in Nebraska the day after the aTm game?

2. If one is confirmed, who was privy to the meeting (described as Bo, Taylor, and Taylor's father) that could have been a reliable source for this e-mail stunt? How did they come by the Pelini quote?

3. How would the opinions of Phil Dillard––who is not in any way directly involved with anything concerning Taylor––matter to anyone on the current team? Phil is not a current player. Phil wasn't an offensive player. Phil himself had work ethic and attitude issues which were worked out during his final season. Why him and not Suh or Tommie Frazier?

4. Who are these 'inside people', and what access did they have to the aforementioned conversation or the internal decision process of Taylor Martinez?

5. Which other instances of team rules has Taylor violated, or violated repeatedly?

6. How was the information about Taylor wearing a boot on the wrong foot gathered, and how would anyone be able to state as fact that he thinks this entire situation is a funny joke? A funny joke, incidentally, that has him and his father so furious that he's supposedly going to transfer schools.

I could go on like this. Never has a a pile of info smelled so much like pure bunk.

• Fire 6

Also why would Pelini give in to a request to not suspend Martinez? If the kid is gone regardless, why does it matter to Pelini if it'll be any easier or harder to transfer out after a suspension? Kid breaks rules, he gets suspended. Simple as that. No gray area in Pelini's world.

You Ilumminatists need to lay off the Kool-aid.

Holy Sh!t.....this is never going to end.....

1. Do I think Taylor is gone at end of the year......YES

2. Do I expect him to ever take another snap at NU.... NO

- If he takes a snap, then all of this is RUMOR. Bo will not play a guy who

is leaving, just to win a game. TAKE IT TO THE BANK.

- Might be the reason that a "very reliable source" INISIDE the program

told a fomer Sooner that there was no chance Taylor plays.

- If Taylor plays or even is taking snaps with the #1 during bowl prep, you

can put these rumors to bed.

3. Is it possible that the Boot on the "wrong" leg was to actually help the turf toe?

Would that just make TOO MUCH SENSE, and isn't nearly as much fun to write about. If

the big toe is sprained, a walking boot makes a ton of sense. To me, this is much more

logical than the whole..."make Bo look like an idiot'...WOW

I do think he is leaving and does want out. I think other players want him out, but some of this crap is a little far fetched IMO.

The more I think about this the less I buy into it.

1. If a player violates team rules Bo has been know to kick them off the team.

2. Taylor played the second half of the A&M game, doesnt sound like the was in Bo's doghouse very long.

3. The staff has discussed his turf toe, if the walking boot was a joke, or a fake injury to avoid the suspension the staff would not have gone along with it.

I think we are kind of jumping to conclusions with little to no verification, as GMOOSE said, IF true then Taylor leaving woudl be for the best. However until we have verification I'm not buying it mainly becuase Taylor has not been kicked off the team. Look at Bo's history with rule breakers.

Holy mackerel. This whole overblown fiasco is exactly the sort of thing that gets "I saw a guy walking along the beach" turned into "Jesus walked on water." The more time passes without confirmation of any facts from any party, the more extravagant and polluted the details get.

Socrates, here's my questions.

1. Has anyone confirmed that Taylor's father was in Nebraska the day after the aTm game?

2. If one is confirmed, who was privy to the meeting (described as Bo, Taylor, and Taylor's father) that could have been a reliable source for this e-mail stunt? How did they come by the Pelini quote?

3. How would the opinions of Phil Dillard––who is not in any way directly involved with anything concerning Taylor––matter to anyone on the current team? Phil is not a current player. Phil wasn't an offensive player. Phil himself had work ethic and attitude issues which were worked out during his final season. Why him and not Suh or Tommie Frazier?

4. Who are these 'inside people', and what access did they have to the aforementioned conversation or the internal decision process of Taylor Martinez?

5. Which other instances of team rules has Taylor violated, or violated repeatedly?

6. How was the information about Taylor wearing a boot on the wrong foot gathered, and how would anyone be able to state as fact that he thinks this entire situation is a funny joke? A funny joke, incidentally, that has him and his father so furious that he's supposedly going to transfer schools.

I could go on like this. Never has a a pile of info smelled so much like pure bunk.

+1, pretty good questions.

I think there's a certain degree of truth here, but potentially a certain degree of slant too. It's hard to tell. As widely as it's been circulated, not sure what that means.

i pretty much agree with everything that HANC said.

husker_x - my only conclusion is that dillard is probably still close to some/a lot of players on the team.

also, i can see bo not getting rid of taylor for two reasons. one, we only have 1 1/2 qb's on the roster right now that can actually get us through a game. if cody goes down and lee can't play (i know he played on senior day) then i don't want to burn a redshirt or have kellogg take the helm. also, if a player is going to transfer, there are very few coaches that will go out of their way to screw a player, even if they hate him. there is no reason to burn bridges/look like an a-hole.

We can all sit on the sidelines and just wait and see what happens..but all in all i hope that they aren't true. The kid should know what he has here at Nebraska....he needs to learn that things in life don't come easy, and that the system that is being ran here fits him...so why would you pass that up.

One thing we all need to remember right now is that, regardless of attitude and intentions, as of this minute Taylor is a Husker... he puts red on, goes to class, and is responsible for some of the magic this season brought us.

He deserves our support and positive thoughts until true facts are revealed. :-)

Everyone deserves a second chance, right?

• Fire 3

Well, I can sort of see Bo and the staff allowing themselves to get walked all over for the sake of keeping Martinez happy. If they really believe he is the savior of the offense and potentially the season, then it would make sense. But to think they would allow it if Martinez had already announced his intention of leaving the team? Makes absolutely no sense.

Why would Bo cover up a suspension to make a player that was transferring happy? How does that add up? Why would Taylor not just leave the team then and there and be done with it? And why would wearing a boot on the wrong foot be an issue? Would the coaches make up a turf toe injury to cover up for a player that was never going to play another snap and was intentionally messing with them? This isn't Bo-like.

Does the Unity Council have the power to kick a player off the team? I highly doubt it. They could suggest the action to the head coach, but not much more than that. And why would Dillard have to tell the current player what to think of Martinez? They are around him every day in practice and can surely make a better judgment about him than one former player.