Which is a better goal for us in the long run?

Fuzzy

Big 12 title vs. Big Ten title   

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd like to win the Big 12 this year because it provides momentum going into next year. This year has already been good but a strong finish will help firm up our recruiting and that to me is a good goal. (Not that winning the Big 10 would not also be huge).

But if we don’t win the big 12 we don't get to give me Beebe the big finger on the way out the door ......... and that will be priceless as they say.

Heh, it's just a hypothetical... if you had to choose, which one would you rather have? No one should think that this poll has any bearing on reality... so maybe it would be easier and cause fewer people to freak out about it if you thought about it like this:

Which scenario would feel less bad:

Winning the big 12 this year and losing the big 10 next.

or

Losing the Big 12 this year and winning the big 10 next.

Big 10. Big 12 CCG game you win either way. You either win outright or claim the refs screwed you if you lose.

I don't think they gave us credit for the win last year against Teexas. I just double checked the records, no they still gave the win to Teexas.

Your argument has no truth to it. Epic fail!!!

Has any team won back to back conference titles in two different BCS conferences? That's my vote. :koolaid2:

Hate to say it...but Texas '95 SWC, '96 Big 12. Not many teams switch conferences and even have a shot. Miami had a shot in 2004 after winning the Big East in '03, but failed to win the ACC.

OK, but has any team won back to back conference titles in two different BCS conferences without single-handedly ruining their previous conference?

Going out on top would be huge. It would make a statement for years to come that we're back and we weren't running from anybody. Said statement stifle our critics and would help our recruiting. Winning the 12 means we've made the next step, back to being a national power, the sooner that step is made the better.