Why does this season seem like such a let down?

I hope the RED OUT BEAT TEXASS thing never rears its ugly head again. We are Nebraska and we should not act like one game is more important than another. This was the begining of the uneasy feelings that were felt the rest of the season. We as fans and I am sure to some extent to the players as well the texass game was a big deal and when we laid an egg it just started the ball rolling.

Now I can live with close losses when we are competitive. We just need to get the offense up to the level our defense plays at. I dont pretend to know what that is going to take but I hope Bo has a plan for that side of the ball.

We can still end up 11-3 which is an improvement from last year. We have new challenges next year and our future is still bright. The Huskers have a little over 2 weeks to get game ready and I bet Bo and his staff meet that challenge and we go into the off season with a better taste in our mouths.

GBR GBR GBR

Last year we had 4 losses total and one of them was a "kick you in the nuts" actual blowout. (Texas Tech) This year we have three loses and they are by a combined 13 points. But why is there a feeling of loss...or embarrassment that wasn't there last year? Is it becasue we were supposed to get smoked in the Big XII game last year and we almost won? Was Suh's Heisman talk a cover for all the other bad stuff last year? Or is it just the rumors that are making me feel so insecure about the team?? I guess being shafted by the bowls hurts too.... oh man.. I have never been less excited about a bowl...this reminds me of 2005 when Michigan was bummed to be playing a lesser team. I think that it was labeled the biggest mismatch of the bowl matchups...we all saw what happened. Nebraska wanted to be there and they didn't.

Oh well...GO BIG RED!

KILL WU (again)

This team laid an egg in most of the big games this year. Texas, Texas A & M and OU. Not an offensive TD thrown by our starting QB in all three. We are NU and we are better than this. That is why. We beat up on lesser competition but can't rise up and play with killer instinct against top 20 teams.

I am confident they will get back to playing for titles but this season was a chance to go all the way.

It has probably been overstated but here goes...we lost to Texas, Texas AM, and OU showing we we're not ready to compete with the South. The team goal of winning the conference was not met and I think that is where the disappointment lies. The team was close but in the end couldn't "close the sale." In two of the three games we lost, they were by 3 points. In total, the team was two TDs away from being undefeated.

Hey, I'm as frustrated as the next guy. But would we be happier if we got blown out by OU or aTm? We were damn close and I guess that's what makes it more frustrating. But personally, if we had gotten pounded by OU I would be much more upset. We were close, that close to greatness this year. I guess it comes down to whether you prefer that to stinking up the joint. Sadly, winning the MNC just wasn't in the cards this year (penalties, turnovers, rookie QB).

Hey, I'm as frustrated as the next guy. But would we be happier if we got blown out by OU or aTm? We were damn close and I guess that's what makes it more frustrating. But personally, if we had gotten pounded by OU I would be much more upset. We were close, that close to greatness this year. I guess it comes down to whether you prefer that to stinking up the joint. Sadly, winning the MNC just wasn't in the cards this year (penalties, turnovers, rookie QB).

I wouldnt have been happier, but it wouldve been easier to take. I can deal with getting beat by the better team, but this team was hands down better than opposition in every game. To end up 10-3 is the most frustrating part and the most dissappointing part of the whole season. This team played down to their competition in some of the games including the games we won. This was our window to go out in style and at the very least be Big 12 champs. We had a opporunity to maybe get into the MNC game, which I think this team was capable of doing, we had the schedule to do it.

Um because we had the easiest schedule in the history of college football and one of the best defenses and we still sucked it up plenty and lost 3 games. Oh and dont forget we gave up a 17-0 lead in the Big 12 Championship and then lost. This season doesn't seem like a let down....It was a let down.

Bring on the Holiday Bowl! :sarcasm

easiest schedule in the history of college football? I think not

SOS

Nebraska 44

Mizzou 69

Michigan St 73

Wisconsin 85

Oregon 74

Boise St 81

TCU 84

Auburn 10

Oklahoma 2

Oregon ST 1

Washington 3

Looks like our strength of schedule will fit in rather nicely in the Big 10.

Um because we had the easiest schedule in the history of college football and one of the best defenses and we still sucked it up plenty and lost 3 games. Oh and dont forget we gave up a 17-0 lead in the Big 12 Championship and then lost. This season doesn't seem like a let down....It was a let down.

Bring on the Holiday Bowl! :sarcasm

easiest schedule in the history of college football? I think not

SOS

Nebraska 44

Mizzou 69

Michigan St 73

Wisconsin 85

Oregon 74

Boise St 81

TCU 84

Auburn 10

Oklahoma 2

Oregon ST 1

Washington 3

Looks like our strength of schedule will fit in rather nicely in the Big 10.

How so? Our SOS this year sits at 28th in the nation. Last year we finished at 52nd, the year before that 38th and the year before that it was 4th. We traditionally play a pretty decent schedule, with a few aberrations thrown in here and there.

Gotcha. Unfortunately, unless our new brethren pick up their rankings, that's where we're going to be for a while, too. The B10 only has two teams highly ranked this year, with Michigan and Penn State falling on hard times, while the B12 has five or six, including three ranked higher than us (two of whom we've beaten).

We typically play a decent SOS, but that, of course, reflects your conference. Also, if we're the highest-ranked team in the B10 we'll have a lower SOS than most, because we don't play ourselves.

Actually, they have three highly ranked teams in Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Ohio State. However, the teams after them are for the most part bad with the next highest ranked team only winning something like 7 games. I just hope the Big 10 doesn't get horribly exposed this bowl season. I'm still very lukewarm to the thought of joining the conference.

Although I am happy with a potential 11-3 record, I still am a little let down because the team failed to reach their goal of a Big 12 Championship and BCS Bowl game appearance. There has been times this season where it just looked like the team was no motivated to play...leading to near misses or losses. All of the fumbles just made me sick to my stomach. Playing Washington again in the bowl game just doesn't excite me. I am ready to see the new challenges of the Big 10 already!

:throwdabones1:

This season to me feels like a let down, because we were up 17 points on an Oklahoma team we should have beat and won the Big XII title, but like always we let up and it comes back to haunt us. Man I was yelling at the tv to give Henery that last field goal attempt. I would bet everything he would of made it. Let's look to the future.

1) O-2 against OU and tu.

2) Beat Mizzery but still behind them in the polls and I'm now watching the locals get Insight Bowl tickets given to them 'cause no-one else wants to see Iowa or Misouri play.

3) Lack of (non-PPV) TV coverage.

4) Still not convinced having a Conference Championship game (with a possible rematch) to end conference play is a good idea, so dreading the B-10 a little.

5) Also, not really looking forward to seeing us play under gray skies after only the third game of the season next year.