Why does this season seem like such a let down?

20 points.....thats the average margin of defeat in Bo's first year 2008, yes those numbers are inflated cause of what NU experienced at the hands of Mizzou and OU,

6.25 points average margin for 2009

4.3 points average margin for 2010

Yes people will look at this season as a disappointment but our first goal for Bo was to be competitive. He's doing that and with flying colors. Yes he may have lost a chance at a national championship but still I'd rather be close in every game rather than getting blown out. It took Osborne 22 years It wont take Pelini that long hopefully. Either way this season was good for Huskers should they win the bowl game, We are averaging out 10 wins per season....100 schools would take that in a heartbeat and it will only get better.

for me its because in the back of my mind i wonder how long the defense and special teams can continue their run. Letdowns on that side of the ball have been minimal in the grand scope. Even with injuries and such, it seems someone else plugs in and ends up being even better than the starter theyre covering for. A subpar defensive year coupled with the other woes...u wonder how long the fanbase can hang on.

We were all thinking title game run...and we didn't get there.

so were a lot of others.......obviously Auburn and Oregon belong.

I am still not totally convienced that Oregon belongs, coming from a conference that was really a two-headed monster between Oregon and Stanford. They have 4 bowl teams (USC Sanctions make it 5). The third place team in the conference is a 6-6 overall Washington.

However, given the system, they should be in the title game.

Um because we had the easiest schedule in the history of college football and one of the best defenses and we still sucked it up plenty and lost 3 games. Oh and dont forget we gave up a 17-0 lead in the Big 12 Championship and then lost. This season doesn't seem like a let down....It was a let down.

Bring on the Holiday Bowl! :sarcasm

because we lost to texas and because martinez got hurt which likely caused the ou and a&m losses. im not that disappointed they did a lot of good things.

We still can end up 11-3 Depth and experience hurt us at QB. That major hole will be filled this year. I Like where we are headed depth is almost covered in all areas. We should be ready to go in 2011

-Fail to bring home the Big XII Championship

-Lose to Texas

which then leads to

-Failure to make a BCS bowl

-Somehow get stuck in the Holiday Bowl with a team we blasted a few months ago

-OFF FIELD DRAMA

-OFF FIELD DRAMA

-OFF FIELD DRAMA

-OFF FIELD DRAMA

-OFF FIELD DRAMA

-OFF FIELD DRAMA

-The offense regressed in a few ways and a few games that felt "09" like

-OFF FIELD DRAMA

-Going into next season losing a lot on defense WITH a tough schedule and new conference to boot

-Texas (Not even bowl eligible)

-Texas A&M (16-2)

-OU (Total implosion and meltdown on offense, very painful to watch. See also: ISU, SDSU, and the most boring game ever played in the history of CFB: KU)

It isn't a bad season, but after the first 3 games so many people were screaming National Champs, BABY!! and with that schedule, it could/should have been if we had a consistent offense. It was hard not to get caught up in all the hype, but it turns out that's all it ever was.

The problem with the losses isn't losing a game, its how we lost the games. Complete meltdowns, not like we played our best football and came up short, it was embarrassing. I don't remember the losses last year looking as bad. We had a lack of production, for sure, but this year our offense actually seems to move backwards instead of just stagnating. Penalties, fumbles, sacks, etc. It's hard to watch.

Extremely well said. Without a healthy Tmart we're 2009 again which is a bitter pill to swallow. Even before injury the offense was hit and miss (SDSU-Texas). But after the injury it was total disaster.

To me this season seems like a disappointment because we didn't do anything that the team set out to do at the beginning of the year: That being Beat Texas and Win the Big XII. 0 for 2 on those. Plus people, like myself were hoping to see an explosive offense and we did early when we played Washington and Kansas State, completely lost it against SDSt and Texas, got it back vs Okie State and Mizzou, and then watched it fizzle out for the rest of the year.

• Fire 1

Um because we had the easiest schedule in the history of college football and one of the best defenses and we still sucked it up plenty and lost 3 games. Oh and dont forget we gave up a 17-0 lead in the Big 12 Championship and then lost. This season doesn't seem like a let down....It was a let down.

Bring on the Holiday Bowl! :sarcasm

easiest schedule in the history of college football? I think not

SOS

Nebraska 44

Mizzou 69

Michigan St 73

Wisconsin 85

Oregon 74

Boise St 81

TCU 84

Auburn 10

Oklahoma 2