Why does this season seem like such a let down?

don't tell this to the guy that berated us for not wanting to play the Huskies in the Holiday Bowl...

Is it disappointing, yeah. Who'd want to play a team that already got their a$$es handed to us once already.

you mean the washington fan that started the respect thread?

that guy didnt think hard before hitting enter.

This year was not a failure. We are moving in the right direction, getting better. But we're just not there yet. Still a work in progress.

Would you rather be a UT fan right now? All the money in the world to throw at football. Easy recruiting. A coach making $5.2 million/yr. And a 5-7 record. The Whorn's year was a failure. Not ours.

don't tell this to the guy that berated us for not wanting to play the Huskies in the Holiday Bowl...

Is it disappointing, yeah. Who'd want to play a team that already got their a$$es handed to us once already.

you mean the washington fan that started the respect thread?

that guy didnt think hard before hitting enter.

Yup, that'd be the one...

This year was not a failure. We are moving in the right direction, getting better. But we're just not there yet. Still a work in progress.

Would you rather be a UT fan right now? All the money in the world to throw at football. Easy recruiting. A coach making $5.2 million/yr. And a 5-7 record. The Whorn's year was a failure. Not ours.

FINALLY someone spoke sense in this thread. Don't get me wrong, UT, OU, and ATM sting. But this team *is* definitely headed in the right direction. With any luck we'll wind up 11-3 this year. 11-3. Not too shabby. And if we can bring Taylor along in the off-season, we're going to be kicking much B10 butt next year.

We were the best team on the field in all our games this year, with the possible exception of OU. It won't take much for our team / coaches to take the final steps and start winning all those games...

Last year we had 4 losses total and one of them was a "kick you in the nuts" actual blowout. (Texas Tech) This year we have three loses and they are by a combined 13 points. But why is there a feeling of loss...or embarrassment that wasn't there last year? Is it becasue we were supposed to get smoked in the Big XII game last year and we almost won? Was Suh's Heisman talk a cover for all the other bad stuff last year? Or is it just the rumors that are making me feel so insecure about the team?? I guess being shafted by the bowls hurts too.... oh man.. I have never been less excited about a bowl...this reminds me of 2005 when Michigan was bummed to be playing a lesser team. I think that it was labeled the biggest mismatch of the bowl matchups...we all saw what happened. Nebraska wanted to be there and they didn't.

Oh well...GO BIG RED!

KILL WU (again)

Because the 3 games we lost, we lost by only a few points. And those 3 losses happened because we beat ourselves with penalties, fumbles, and missed opportunities. Even with an injured starting QB and an injured Zach Lee (Backup QB) for half the season, we were still only 13 points from being undefeated, 13 points we could have, and should have gotten. Nebraska had the talent & potential to be National Champions in 2010. THAT's why this season feels so dissapointing. We know we were so close and that we beat ourselves out of contention.

Last year we had 4 losses total and one of them was a "kick you in the nuts" actual blowout. (Texas Tech) This year we have three loses and they are by a combined 13 points. But why is there a feeling of loss...or embarrassment that wasn't there last year? Is it becasue we were supposed to get smoked in the Big XII game last year and we almost won? Was Suh's Heisman talk a cover for all the other bad stuff last year? Or is it just the rumors that are making me feel so insecure about the team?? I guess being shafted by the bowls hurts too.... oh man.. I have never been less excited about a bowl...this reminds me of 2005 when Michigan was bummed to be playing a lesser team. I think that it was labeled the biggest mismatch of the bowl matchups...we all saw what happened. Nebraska wanted to be there and they didn't.

Oh well...GO BIG RED!

KILL WU (again)

Because the 3 games we lost, we lost by only a few points. And those 3 losses happened because we beat ourselves with penalties, fumbles, and missed opportunities. Even with an injured starting QB and an injured Zach Lee (Backup QB) for half the season, we were still only 13 points from being undefeated, 13 points we could have, and should have gotten. Nebraska had the talent & potential to be National Champions in 2010. THAT's why this season feels so dissapointing. We know we were so close and that we beat ourselves out of contention.

Beating yourself is a sign of in experience I think. Penalties on D don't effect me like the offensives ones since the D plays on the edge. Drop passes kill me it means everybody about did the job except the WR.If you look at the 3 losses the WR dropped almost every key pass in the game.

To me, the inability to stick with what's working, and the strange insistence on sticking with what ain't. Zone read is predicated on the offense having two equally-scary rushing threats. After Martinez was hobbled, defenses could just key on Burkhead or Helu. Martinez wasn't much of a threat. I still just don't get why we didn't go Huskers/KSU '94 and ride Rex to victory. It seemed to me that we didn't go that way because it ain't cool to go no-frills and beat the middle of the defense to death. Not flashy enough, or something.

After further review....

This season was a gigantic f*cking failure. I mean f*cking Titantic type, Mt Everest type bone job.

We were 13 points, 13 f'n points from a shot at playing for a national title.

13 F*CKING POINTS

Ok guys, sorry bout that, just had to say it

Edited by walksalone

It was a let down - disappointing season. Going into the season some goals were -

1 - Win the Big 12 our last year there.

2. Beat Texas

3. Finish as high as possible in national ratings.

Things started off good with Martinez but then

1. We lose to Texas, and then A&M

2. We don't win Big 12

3. Even if we win bowl game we might not finish in final top 10 rankings.

not a bad year but a disappointment IMO.

I wasn't really upset after the oklahoma loss,I am just so used to drinking the koolaid and then being disappointed with the results I am just numb to it all. This whole decade has been a load of crap the last time that I was happy was 2001 with crouch before we went down the crapper.