Anyone wanna do a quick summary?

JTrain

Informative rundown Sker, much appreciated.

How big of a loss would Mitchell be? I know he is a highly regarded CB recruit...if we were able to land Lyons could he potentially get a look at CB in lieu of Mitchell? I know that generally isn't how it works...just seems like we are deeper at S than CB atm.

The SEC is filthy dirty, and nobody seems to care EZ. Frustrating for sure.

Informative rundown Sker, much appreciated.

How big of a loss would Mitchell be? I know he is a highly regarded CB recruit...if we were able to land Lyons could he potentially get a look at CB in lieu of Mitchell? I know that generally isn't how it works...just seems like we are deeper at S than CB atm.

The SEC is filthy dirty, and nobody seems to care EZ. Frustrating for sure.

Bo and Coach Sanders turned Prince, Fonzie, Hagg, and Gomes into great players. And they were all 3 stars according to the recruiting services. Mitchel would sting, but the defensive backfield is this defensive staffs bread and butter. Color me not worried if Mitchel does leave.

Losing Mitchell wouldn't kill us but avoiding it would be great. He has as much upside potential as anyone in the class. Lyons would probably not get a look at CB but you never know what can happen over a 4/5 year career. Like others have said, I'm not worried at all if we lose Mitchell.

PO is also a big question mark. To me, it really comes down to- Do we take another WR? I honestly feel like our huge need for a TE means the answer to that question is no.

We'll have to wait and see though....

Losing Mitchell wouldn't kill us but avoiding it would be great. He has as much upside potential as anyone in the class. Lyons would probably not get a look at CB but you never know what can happen over a 4/5 year career. Like others have said, I'm not worried at all if we lose Mitchell.

PO is also a big question mark. To me, it really comes down to- Do we take another WR? I honestly feel like our huge need for a TE means the answer to that question is no.

We need all the help we can get at WR

I'll help you out JTrain.

Tevin Mitchel is the only current commit that is waffling (that I know of). He will decide over Xmas break between Neb and Arkansas. I don't think it's looking the best for DONU. Bubba Starling will most likely never make it on campus...lots of people saying he could be the number 1 pick in the MLB draft.

With the 18 current commits, we most likely have around 3-5 spots left.

Names to keep an eye on:

Wayne Lyons - Saftey - will announce at US Army game

Todd Peat Jr. - DT - will announce at US Army game

Andrew Peterson - TE - new target. Might visit this coming weekend (12/18)

Darien Bryant - TE - no longer graduating at semster. Re-thinking everything. Top 3 in no order are Nebraska, Hawaii, North Carolina.

Kent Turene - LB - USC commit who visited last weekend. Probably still a long shot.

Patrick Onwuasor - WR - high on Nebraska but also considering Arizona and USC. He is going to visit Washington in January and maybe PSU or Miami if they offer. Will we take another WR?

Lake Koa-Ka'ai - DE - sitting very well with him. Unsure if he will leave Pac-10 country though.

Keith Lewis - LB - been very quiet throughout the entire process but the Huskers have made it known they want him.

Joseph Carter - JUCO DE - Stafford's teammate. Says he will probably commit to Nebraska (direct quote). Will we take him? Coaches actions (in-home, etc) say yes.

There are more kids but the ones listed above are currently our closest options.

Current commit sleepers:

Hard to say anyone is a sleeper as most kids are highly rated already. Givens Mordi Price is only 16 and could turn out great...just look at his size. Daniel Davie will start out at WR, not DB as most sites list. [b]Kevin Williams[/b] is way underrated at the DT position, IMO.

I completely agree. I still have no idea why he is so low on everyones radar! His stats are insane!

with 2 committed already and lots of WR's on scholarship, I don't think I can agree with this..

with 2 committed already and lots of WR's on scholarship, I don't think I can agree with this..

WR is my top priority because we have no playmakers or difference makers at that position. It is pretty easy for teams to load up against our run. Sure we can run over weaker opponents but I don't think we will be able to consistently beat top teams without a receiving threat...so this will lead to more of the same-type close losses to other top programs or in conference championship games. We need to get over this hump. Onwuasor is now being courted hard by 3 Pac-12 teams in AZ, UW, and CU. Lucien has already visited Kentucky, so what are we waiting for? One WR recruit and another who is a DB but may end up at WR is not cutting it for me. Love our recruiting but WR is really a troubled spot for us...we need to fix this.

WR is my top priority because we have no playmakers or difference makers at that position. It is pretty easy for teams to load up against our run. Sure we can run over weaker opponents but I don't think we will be able to consistently beat top teams without a receiving threat...so this will lead to more of the same-type close losses to other top programs or in conference championship games. We need to get over this hump. Onwuasor is now being courted hard by 3 Pac-12 teams in AZ, UW, and CU. Lucien has already visited Kentucky, so what are we waiting for? One WR recruit and another who is a DB but may end up at WR is not cutting it for me. Love our recruiting but WR is really a troubled spot for us...we need to fix this.

I understand what your saying but it comes entirely down to numbers. No, we don't have a 4/5 star WR in this class, but we do have 2 kids with tons of upside. Couple that with the 4 WRs we signed last year and answer is clear. We have the numbers already in place. PO is a baller and I would love to have him in the Nebraska program but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get him (or stop pursuing him).

I understand what your saying but it comes entirely down to numbers. No, we don't have a 4/5 star WR in this class, but we do have 2 kids with tons of upside. Couple that with the 4 WRs we signed last year and answer is clear. We have the numbers already in place. PO is a baller and I would love to have him in the Nebraska program but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get him (or stop pursuing him).

how do you know that these kids have tons of upside? Have you seen them play, or know them personally? I too am also tired of not having any playmakers at the WR position. When was the last time we had a go to target? I cant think of one. We need to honestly get rid of gilmore, he is the only one slacking when it comes to recruiting, then being able to coach them up.

how do you know that these kids have tons of upside? Have you seen them play, or know them personally? I too am also tired of not having any playmakers at the WR position. When was the last time we had a go to target? I cant think of one. We need to honestly get rid of gilmore, he is the only one slacking when it comes to recruiting, then being able to coach them up.

I do know one of the ones that Skers is refering to.

If PO wants N you take him. You have to think that with the slow-playing that is allegedly going on with Bouzous and with Bubba more than likely not making it to campus we will have room for at least one more.

• 2 weeks later...

Any new news?

A fewnotes:

1) Niklas Sade decommitted (I'm sure you knew this). Picked NC State to be near his family.

2) Both Todd Peat and Wayne Lyons are waiting to see what happens with coaching changes before making a decision. Wayne says he still plans to announce Wednesday at the US Army game. Peat is waiting possibly until Feb. 2nd. To me, this means both are Stanford leans as Stanford is really the only school with a legit coaching change possibility. Just my opinion though.

3) Lake Koa-Ka'ai eliminated Nebraska and is down to Oregon and Stanford.

4) Joseph Carter is still in good position to pick Nebraska. He has, however, started to get a lot more interest from other schools. Rutgers has offered and Auburn is close to doing so.

5) Nothing new with PO, Kent Turene, or Andrew Peterson.

6) Keith Lewis committed to Ole Miss.

Edited by SkerChicago