Bo fights back tears at team banquet

Nexus

IN BO WE TRUST!!!!

Bo needs another raise to compete with all of these other schools and to keep Bo here IMO. We all had a scare when Miami supposedly came knocking on Bo's door and I think a way to keep Bo here and other schools away is to give Bo another raise to match the competition.

Looks like I'm not the only one who's just glad this season is over. It's been a trying, tough season.

It's clear Bo cares deeply about his players. That's great to see. Moving forward, that trust built up over the years is just going to make this team stronger and stronger.

2010 was great. 2010 sucked. It's over, and we're ready to move on to bigger, better, brighter things.

Looks like I'm not the only one who's just glad this season is over. It's been a trying, tough season.

It's clear Bo cares deeply about his players. That's great to see. Moving forward, that trust built up over the years is just going to make this team stronger and stronger.

2010 was great. 2010 sucked. It's over, and we're ready to move on to bigger, better, brighter things.

Not QUITE over just yet. ;-) I am going to be at the Holiday Bowl and I intend to BE LOUD, WEAR RED, and BEAT TEXA... err WASHINGTON.

GBR

It seems Bo is getting this program back to where we all wanted to see it again. I know some of us were a little disappointed that we couldn't win all our games. It could have happened, but injuries had something to do with a couple of loses. I don't ever see us having a season like Texas, Fla, Miami as long as he is coaching here. I only hope that the pressure of the fans expectations, don't spoil it for him. He has proved he can win here and recruit with the best of them. Other than T O, I wouldn't want anyone else leading this program into the Big-10. I hope he is here till he retires.

Thanks Bo for another 10 win season, lot of schools would love to be where this program is heading.

:bigredn:

GBR!!!

Things I know and things I think I know:

-- Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini fought back tears as he prepared to speak during the team's banquet Saturday night at the Cornhusker Marriott Hotel.

Continue Reading

And this is why I had absolutely no issues with his reaming of T-Mart or Ben Cotton (undeservadle). He loves those kids and would do anything for them. He expects excellence and try's to teach it. The players know that he would run head first through that wall right beside them if he asked them to.

Bo needs to show a more human side. He should do a Bo Pelini Husker Family Christmas Special. He could wear a sweater and sit around a fire singing carols with the Blackshirts. At the end they could ceremonially sacrifice a tackling dummy. He could be the next Bing Crosby.

Hahaha! If they put it on Pay-per-View, I will host a watch party!

IN BO WE TRUST!!!!

Bo needs another raise to compete with all of these other schools and to keep Bo here IMO. We all had a scare when Miami supposedly came knocking on Bo's door and I think a way to keep Bo here and other schools away is to give Bo another raise to match the competition.

Another raise? Why? I hate to be a debbie downer here, but Bo hasn't accomplished much yet. He's won the North, but so did Clownahan. We haven't won a conference title yet, and we haven't played in a BCS Bowl yet. If he's about the money, then I hope he does go somewhere else. From what I can gather he's around the 25-26th highest paid coach now. Most of those above him have won NC and conference championships and played in BCS bowls. He's also paid more than coaches who've won NC such as Joe Pa, Spurrier, Schnellenberger, etc. Once we're in the Big 10, he'll be the third highest paid coach in the conference and more than likely soon to be second highest paid once Rich Rod gets fired next year.

• Fire 1

Bo needs to show a more human side. He should do a Bo Pelini Husker Family Christmas Special. He could wear a sweater and sit around a fire singing carols with the Blackshirts. At the end they could ceremonially sacrifice a tackling dummy. He could be the next Bing Crosby.

I can see it now, Bo and Carl can cut a Christmas album, with the Pelini version of some of your favorites: "Rudolf the big-nosed reindeer" and "The Holly and the &$#!&*@ Ivy"

Seriously though, It is nice to see that Bo has a gooey inside. It's probably made of gum.

Totally agree Junior4949,

Bo has gotten Nebraska back on track, there is no question about that. But we are not back. Still a ways to go to even think that way.

He does not deserve a pay raise until he actually accomplishs the goals set. He did not even reach his goals this year.

Hell none of them deserve what they are making as far as I am concerned.

Bo has gotten Nebraska back on track, there is no question about that. But we are not back. Still a ways to go to even think that way.

He does not deserve a pay raise until he actually accomplishs the goals set. He did not even reach his goals this year.

None of them deserve 1/8th of what they are paid. No college coach should make more than ca. $200,000 a year.

None of them deserve 1/8th of what they are paid. No college coach should make more than ca. $200,000 a year.

This is unrealistic in an "industry" that generates revenue in the billions of dollars. Like it or not, these guys are compensated commensurate with the money they generate.

At $2.1M you probably aren't looking at a new job for a couple hundred K more. If he gets offered $4-5M, then money is probably a big factor. But if he's looking, it's because he wants a different location, different bosses, better facilities, easier recruiting, more authority (perhaps more say in his own staff or less of his bosses looking over his shoulders), closer to home, some other family situation, or to deal with a different fan base or press corps or whatever else I missed. None of that changes by just throwing more money at him. If he deserves more, pay him before that does become a factor. I don't see that he does deserve more though, as junior and skerfan said. If there's other things that can and should be fixed/improved, do it.

Personally, I think $2M is too much for a college coach and $5M is absurd. I understand we have to compete in the market for coaches, but I hope we are never pushing the boundaries.