David staying

Taylor

I was going to start a thread on this topic.....

Glad to hear David is staying... What does everyone else think about Dennard and Crick?

I thought Crick really didn't have a "break-through" year like he was hyped, until the Big 12 title game. But he did earn 2nd team All-American.

I am hoping that Prince talks to Dennard and tells him that he literally moved from an early second rounder to possible top 5-10 pick....and Dennard decides to stay and do the same.

Furthermore, I hope Suh has talked to Crick about staying. Basically, Suh did the same as Prince. I hope these underclassmen listen to their teammates and decide to stick around for their senior year.

What has anyone heard?

I havent heard either way, but my thought is with all the turmoil behind closed doors in the NFL between owners and player, i would have to think that all guys would wanna stay to finish their degree with the instability of the league right now. It's not 100% sure there will even be an NFL season next year.

Yep...forgot to look at that angle...nice point

as a juco transfer with one year under his belt, I would question David's overall intelligence if he did leave. Conversely, I would question a team taking him higher than the third round. You dont leave early for a 'shot' at the third round. He's still a work in progress at Nebraska, let alone the position switch he's likely going to have to make at the next level being the size he is. Im surprised its even being discussed.

Glad to hear David is staying... What does everyone else think about Dennard and Crick?

Mr. Dennard is staying. He raised a bit of a ruckus by posting something on his FB that made folks think he was leaving, then promptly posted that he's staying.

That NFL bugaboo has to mean a LOT of guys are staying in school. The 2012 Draft is gonna be epic.

Actually, the NFL possible strike/lock out could make it a better for kids to go pro this year, because I believe a rookie salary scale will be implemented by next season, which will lower the salaries for all rookies. Also there is no way there is no season next year, it may be shortened, but there will be football at some point in 2011.