David staying

Taylor

Actually, the NFL possible strike/lock out could make it a better for kids to go pro this year, because I believe a rookie salary scale will be implemented by next season, which will lower the salaries for all rookies. Also there is no way there is no season next year, it may be shortened, but there will be football at some point in 2011.

My understanding was last years draft was the "last chance" for what youre describing. If there is a lockout/stoppage, The likelihood of someone drafted this year signing their contract before it happens/and is over would be damn near nil. Top picks rarely sign until a couple days before training camp, and/or hold out. Dont think for one second if the owners are already willing to go to a lockout that they will be kind to their draft picks and sign them to the old scales just because they can.

Having Crick and Dennard would be huge for us as we enter the Big 10. I have heard that Dennard's family is a little poor, so this may factor into his ultimate decision.

I heard this too, this morning on KFAB (Jim Rose). Acutally, Dennard, Crick, and David were all mentioned by him this morning as possibly leaving early.

Dennard leaving early would be a huge mistake. If he comes back and has as good a year as he did this year he will be a surefire 1st/2nd rounder.

IMO: If he left this year there isn’t a guarantee that he would even be selected in the first 3 rounds.

What do I know though because I thought Fabian Washington coming out early was stupid and look where that got him.

David with another year could play himself into a first round pick. Smart move for him to stay.

I think Crick said his parents would kill him if he even thought about leaving early without getting his degree. Besides, he's a total Nebraska guy and I don't see him not playing as long as he can here.

Dennard is the only one that worries me, and even he doesn't worry me much. This class is stacked at CB and I think he knows that right now he's best case back end of the first round guy. If he sticks around he'll likely be where Prince is right now next season.

I never considered the thought that David would leave early for the NFL.

At his current size I think he raises too many questions for him to be drafted very early. I think he'd be well-served by staying another season and putting on some mass.

Seems also plausible that he could play safety in the NFL, similar to Palumalu's roving safety position. He reminds me a lot of Terrell Farley with how fast he plays the game. I look forward for all of them to return because it almost guarantees we will be in the top 10 defensively.

Just a thought about how exciting next year will be for Nebraska in there first year in the Big X and the great challenge our schedule will be. WOW I would think that has to be a huge plus for any athlete to look forward to let alone players like these guys are.

Dennard leaving early would be a huge mistake. If he comes back and has as good a year as he did this year he will be a surefire 1st/2nd rounder.

IMO: If he left this year there isn’t a guarantee that he would even be selected in the first 3 rounds.

What do I know though because I thought Fabian Washington coming out early was stupid and look where that got him.

sittin on the bench behind josh wilson? i keed i keed. it worked out okay for him i guess. but he is on the bench behind wilson.

I was going to start a thread on this topic.....

Glad to hear David is staying... What does everyone else think about Dennard and Crick?

I thought Crick really didn't have a "break-through" year like he was hyped, until the Big 12 title game. But he did earn 2nd team All-American.

I am hoping that Prince talks to Dennard and tells him that he literally moved from an early second rounder to possible top 5-10 pick....and Dennard decides to stay and do the same.

Furthermore, I hope Suh has talked to Crick about staying. Basically, Suh did the same as Prince. I hope these underclassmen listen to their teammates and decide to stick around for their senior year.

What has anyone heard?

David will be an All American next season, Dennard, if he stays will be a top 20 pick as well........Crick needs to stay and show up better against Big 10 talent to enhance his draft position, the guy was pretty solid this season, but far, far from being exceptional....to think he was going to excel like Suh was only a dream.

This is like an early Christmas present! This dude is a stud, we got really lucky hooking him and Yoshi last year (although I still think back and feel kind of bad for that DT that visited with them... it must suck to visit and know you're the guy WITHOUT the offer), and he should make the transfer to the Big 10 a heck of a lot easier next year.

MmmTodd, as for your argument for leaving school as a JUCO guy who's played one year of D1 ball... Worked out for Jason Pierre-Paul, huh?