Watson a candidate for the Miami(OH) head coach position

C N Red

If our team performs better if he is on the sideline he needs to be on the sideline.

NO!!! REALLY?!

You people really form some idiotic opinions sometimes. You honestly think he would refuse to be on the sidelines because he likes the pressbox better? He prefers the pressbox because it lets him see the game better, which helps him call plays better. I don't think it has anything to do with the air-conditioning, or whatever you think it is. He publically stated last year he prefers the box because of playcalling, but he was on the sidelines for the end of last year to be there for Green when he needed help.

I don't understand how some of you are clueless enough to actually think he would knowlingly do something to hurt the team. Maybe we're better with him on the sidelines, maybe we're not; that's not the point. The point is that Shawn Watson thinks we're better when he's in the press box, and he knows a helleva lot more about the offense than any of you morons.

Why not be on the sidelines to help your star QB when he makes mistakes? We've had like 30 fumbles this year so don't tell me he is doing what he can. Also illegal formations late in the year. Also complete bs. This was all season long and was any of this ever fixed by Watson? NO! We have had a defensive presence on the sideline since Bo but nothing on offense other than Bo. So don't give me this he's doing what is best cause he is clearly not.

Wasnt he on the sidelines for some games last year. I remember it being torwards the end of the year, because he wanted communicate with his QBs better.

I also remember it didnt really help much if any.

If our team performs better if he is on the sideline he needs to be on the sideline.

NO!!! REALLY?!

You people really form some idiotic opinions sometimes. You honestly think he would refuse to be on the sidelines because he likes the pressbox better? He prefers the pressbox because it lets him see the game better, which helps him call plays better. I don't think it has anything to do with the air-conditioning, or whatever you think it is. He publically stated last year he prefers the box because of playcalling, but he was on the sidelines for the end of last year to be there for Green when he needed help.

I don't understand how some of you are clueless enough to actually think he would knowlingly do something to hurt the team. Maybe we're better with him on the sidelines, maybe we're not; that's not the point. The point is that Shawn Watson thinks we're better when he's in the press box, and he knows a helleva lot more about the offense than any of you morons.

Why not be on the sidelines to help your star QB when he makes mistakes? We've had like 30 fumbles this year so don't tell me he is doing what he can. Also illegal formations late in the year. Also complete bs. This was all season long and was any of this ever fixed by Watson? NO! We have had a defensive presence on the sideline since Bo but nothing on offense other than Bo. So don't give me this he's doing what is best cause he is clearly not.

Wasnt he on the sidelines for some games last year. I remember it being torwards the end of the year, because he wanted communicate with his QBs better.

Yah. But why would a coach who counts "quarterbacks coach" among his job titles want to communicate with his quarterbacks better???(aww, I can't put a sarcastic face on with my I phone)

NO!!! REALLY?!

Shawn, i thought you were busy developing a scheme for UW? :madash

this is unbelievable...the hate some of you have manufactured for this man has now become a joke of epic proportions. Maybe he has had some issues, maybe he deserves a head coaching job, maybe some of you know nothing about coaching football at even the high school level let alone major D1 programs.

For Christ sake, EVERY offensive coordinator (that isn't also Head Coach) is in the booth. YOU CAN'T SEE THE DEFENSE FROM THE SIDELINES. Especially what the secondary is running. Those Head Coaches that do call the plays have somebody in the booth relaying information to them, that would be why they have the fancy headsets on. Believe it or not those are not connected to iPods. Frank Solich was this person for Tom Osborne.

Seriously gentlemen. It is fine to have an opinion, but at least have some valid reasons, this pretending that you can infer his intention to "stay in his comfort zone" by his "refusal to come down from the booth" is astronomically asinine.

Now the QB coach comment has some validity. Very few places give the QB coaching duties to the OC alone, they have a second coach on the sideline to coach the QB during games. I guess that was Zac Lee this year? This could be a problem.

i think hate is a little over the top, incompetence maybe, predictable play calling as a flaw, without a doubt....the frustration with wats is real, he has hit a wall and will likely not improve, therein lies the angst with the fans....

a guy like him should be able to figure things out by now, lack of progress seems obvious.....frustration, not hate.

big difference.

If you want to defend Watson and read about how great he is just go to HI. The Mega-V's there defend him all day.

I'm not defending him, I think there are definite reasons to want a change. However, if you are going to have an opinion get an informed one. Too many good coaches have lost their jobs because a fan that doesn't know sh#t but has money ran their mouth about wanting a change when a good candidate wasn't readily available.

Frank Solich comes to mind...

If you want to defend Watson and read about how great he is just go to HI. The Mega-V's there defend him all day.

I'm not defending him, I think there are definite reasons to want a change. However, if you are going to have an opinion get an informed one. Too many good coaches have lost their jobs because a fan that doesn't know sh#t but has money ran their mouth about wanting a change when a good candidate wasn't readily available.

I actually didnt mean you(I think its just that my post came right after yours) I meant anyone defending him. I do have an informed opinion though, just like you, with lots of stats to back up what Wats does when he plays a team that has a defense in the top 75.

I also agree with you on Frank

I actually didnt mean you(I think its just that my post came right after yours) I meant anyone defending him. I do have an informed opinion though, just like you, with lots of stats to back up what Wats does when he plays a team that has a defense in the top 75.

I also agree with you on Frank

I have seen those stats, and they are good. Watson has never been a good OC. He was terrible at CU and terrible when he has had control of the offense minus one year (2008). That year is looking more and more like an aberration when showed against his other seasons and when figuring the lack of solid defenses we played that year.

Ok back to the original question. nobody but the parties involved know the all the facts, but i think if Watson can get a division 1 HC job he'll take it.If the 2nd interview thing is true, he'll probably get an offer. I dont think him leaving is the solution to all of our offensive problems, as many of you do, but the show will go on with or without him.

According to this Miami (OH) board, Wats passed on a head coaching gig there in '08. So I guess take that for what it's worth...

linky