Gomes wearing a boot on his right foot at today's practice.

Great he got one.....Im guessing he got one because he is a senior playing in his last game near his hometown.

I think it would be cool, if all the defensive seniors got to wear one the last week practice, as a "thank you" for all they have contributed to the university the last 4-5 years.

I disagree. The Blackshirts are about more than "trying" and "giving it your all" and "having heart" and "sticking with it." If that's all it was, any of us could be blackshirts. Giving all seniors a Blackshirt the last week as a thank you would be like handing out participation ribbons -- there would be several guys that wouldn't WANT to wear them because they'd know it didn't mean anything.

Great he got one.....Im guessing he got one because he is a senior playing in his last game near his hometown.

I think it would be cool, if all the defensive seniors got to wear one the last week practice, as a "thank you" for all they have contributed to the university the last 4-5 years.

I disagree. The Blackshirts are about more than "trying" and "giving it your all" and "having heart" and "sticking with it." If that's all it was, any of us could be blackshirts. Giving all seniors a Blackshirt the last week as a thank you would be like handing out participation ribbons -- there would be several guys that wouldn't WANT to wear them because they'd know it didn't mean anything.

I agree the blackshirt is something you earn.

I agree the blackshirt is something you earn.

I think you say they earned it by playing four years, giving their all, so for the bowl game you get a black shirt.

I think Bo's approach to bowl games is pretty interesting. Practices in the morning so they can go to activities in the afternoon and evening. His approach has worked so far. He's actually 4-0 in bowls as the Husker's head coach if you count the Alamo bowl win over Michigan State after Frank got Pedeyshined.

his approach works, and i think its genius.

why try to keep your intensity up for a freakin month? bound to come out flat. see: texas, 2010.

get your work in, and go play. come game day youre gonna be ready to take the other teams heads off because you havent been beating each other up for 3-4 weeks.

and i wouldnt worry about gomes...he's an alien. thats merely his spaceship.