lol watson, your playcalling is laughable

The sad thing is he made no adjustments. With an injured QB who can't run you have to work around what your team can accomplish. If your getting sacked go to max protect or have an outlet like a check down pass to the fullback or HB. This man lives or dies by the same play weather it's working or not. The read option won't work when your QB is no longer a threat, common sense.

But here is the problem - Taylor is not a passer, or any sort. If a team disguises coverages, changes pre-snap looks, or rolls coverages, Taylor has absolutely no clue how to dissect it or adjust. Those struggles with his pre-snap reads also leads to quite a few breakdowns in blocking, which lead to sacks. He also cannot go over multiple reads, and will lock into a WR (Reed or Kinnie most often) throughout an entire play.

Basically, unless Taylor gets an absolute basic look on passing downs, he is going to struggle mightily.

Now, when you have a QB that limits you so much in what he can do well, you pretty much can only do so many things. And even though he struggles at 'read' plays, it IS what he does best because he is a weapon with his feet.

The biggest issue in any of this is our team being forced to stick with a QB who is limited in what he actually is good at. Not only forced on, but forced on regardless of what is going on in the game. If one coach had his way, Taylor would have never started the 2nd half of the Oklahoma game, we saw what happened.

Thats why I said make adjustments. Put in a QB who can pass, Zac Lee maybe.

Every body on here is saying to do this,do that, stay with whats working etc.. the only problem is NOTHING was working, no matter what plays were called! Tried to run , and offensive line couldnt block anybody, Helu couldnt even get back to the line of scrimmage because there were 3 WU defenders in the backfield.Same thing on passing., no blocking =Taylor scrambling and throwing underhand passes to nobody in particular :wtf , or he gets sacked. Doesnt relly matter what plays were called does it?

Thats when you get an extra blocker or two. Better yet use a man from the backfield who's suppose to be covered by the blitzing LB and send him on a quick pass route.

Some will say that the play calling was fine, and chalk this up to execution. Execution may be part, but this scheme is predictable and once one team figured out, easily defendable. Play-action on third and long? Even the announcers knew that a defense would not bite on that. Our offensesive line provided little protection and our quaterbacks proved to be nothing of the sort. To be this one dimensional may have worked in the 90's, but these players were not recruited for that style of play, and Watson is no Osborne.

• Fire 1

The sad thing is he made no adjustments. With an injured QB who can't run you have to work around what your team can accomplish. If your getting sacked go to max protect or have an outlet like a check down pass to the fullback or HB. This man lives or dies by the same play weather it's working or not. The read option won't work when your QB is no longer a threat, common sense.

But here is the problem - Taylor is not a passer, or any sort. If a team disguises coverages, changes pre-snap looks, or rolls coverages, Taylor has absolutely no clue how to dissect it or adjust. Those struggles with his pre-snap reads also leads to quite a few breakdowns in blocking, which lead to sacks. He also cannot go over multiple reads, and will lock into a WR (Reed or Kinnie most often) throughout an entire play.

Basically, unless Taylor gets an absolute basic look on passing downs, he is going to struggle mightily.

Now, when you have a QB that limits you so much in what he can do well, you pretty much can only do so many things. And even though he struggles at 'read' plays, it IS what he does best because he is a weapon with his feet.

The biggest issue in any of this is our team being forced to stick with a QB who is limited in what he actually is good at. Not only forced on, but forced on regardless of what is going on in the game. If one coach had his way, Taylor would have never started the 2nd half of the Oklahoma game, we saw what happened.

Thats why I said make adjustments. Put in a QB who can pass, Zac Lee maybe.

Well, Zac is injured so that was just out. But, the last line is pertinent and it is why I have really been on Bo a lot about this. If one coach had his way, Taylor would have never started the 2nd half of the Oklahoma game, we saw what happened.

If one coach had his way, Taylor would have never started the 2nd half of the Oklahoma game, we saw what happened.

Willie...hadn't heard this one. Can you tell more or not? Who's the coach? What was the discussion?

I think Pelini played his hand earlier in the year yanking Martinez. The aTm tirade was the trump card. I don't think he felt like he could yank the guy.

i would like watson to take the podium too.

and have someone ask him why we don't split 4 WR out and spread the field once in a while. maybe ask him why we don't bootleg out when we have a mobile QB who can't make one sinking read without taking a sack or getting mauled by piss poor blocking whenever he drops straight back? and I would love someone to ask him why we can't break the huddle before 15 seconds on the playclock and then somehow, agains all reason, we have 2 delay penalties IN A ROW

Watsgrove is freaking terrible

Wats' playcalling is fine. With decent talent in there we score 50.

Bullcrap.

Tell me one occasion last night where you could see Watson identify a weakness in the UW defense and then called a play to capitalize on it. Can you even think of once? We just kept calling the same game no matter how UW was coming at us.

RiverRunner

You are correct! I really don't want to watch any more Watson called games at NU. Bring in someone new who gives the players a chance to play!

Wats' playcalling is fine. With decent talent in there we score 50.

I assumed based on my other posts, the implied...

:sarcasm:sarcasm :sarcasm :sarcasm :sarcasm :sarcasm

...would be clear. Sorry for the confusion.

Watson may be a good offensive mind but he has to be one of the worst play-callers in college football. He is way to predictable and doesn't adjust well. I noticed that our offense got worse the second half of games and in the second half of the season which is a disturbing trend. I know we have had injuries but it doesn't take much to score more than 7 points on Washington :facepalm:

This falls on many heads

Bo love-affair with TM is ridiculous. When at full-speed alright but a freshman running-qb that is hobbled? Kid's reads and decision-making suck. He's lost when it comes to dealing with the rush. Sticking with TM through the OU game was one of the dumbest HC-decisions I've ever seen.

Wats's playcalling is too predictable and sometimes just doesn't make sense. His adjustments are ****. Plus he is the qb-coach and we are seeing little development.

Barney's line is at a disadvantage from crap playcalling and TM's inability to make reads or handle the rush. But they got handled last night. Reminded me of the SDSU-game, aggression wasn't there. Technique could be better.