Pedey STRIKES again!

DelK

Pitt Panters Football: New Coach Michael Haywood Arrested

If Pitt AD Steve Pederson thought the critics were all over him after the less than spectacular hiring of Michael Haywood as the Panthers next football coach, they will be all over him now after Haywood was arrested on charges of domestic violence in South Bend, Ind., the Associated Press has confirmed.

According to the report, Haywood got into an argument with a woman over custody of their child. As the woman attempted to leave, Haywood allegedly grabbed her by the arm and neck and pushed her. Reportedly, the police report details the woman had red marks on her arm, neck and back.

Haywood has said all the right things since accepting the Panthers job and was starting to look like a good hire.

However, hiring 74-year old Morris Watts as offensive coordinator was not a popular move and there has been the drastic drop of the current Pitt recruiting class that continues to plummet.

Now an arrest before his first official day on the job will have many questioning if Pederson once again dropped the ball when it comes to hiring a football coach.

.... (more via link)

Pitt Panters Football: New Coach Michael Haywood Arrested

"And here I thought Pedey only hated Nebraska"-Bill Callahan

How can people be so amazingly bad at what they do, and yet they still get hired and paid large amounts of money?

If Haywood isn't fired over this, then they have serious problems.

"How can people be so amazingly bad at what they do, and yet they still get hired and paid large amounts of money"?

I don't know. Ask Watson.

Tsk tsk

Maybe this opens the door for Watson at Pitt.

Actually, this might have some legs. Pedey liked Callahan, Callahan liked Watson, therefore Pedey should like Watson!

Ladies and Gentlemen of Husker Nation, I propose that we hereby pardon Steve Pedersen of all his transgressions against Nebraska if he saves us now by hiring Watson and his cronies. Can I get an "aye"?

How can people be so amazingly bad at what they do, and yet they still get hired and paid large amounts of money?

If Haywood isn't fired over this, then they have serious problems.

"How can people be so amazingly bad at what they do, and yet they still get hired and paid large amounts of money"?

I don't know. Ask Watson.

hurf durf

Tsk tsk

Actually, this might have some legs. Pedey liked Callahan, Callahan liked Watson, therefore Pedey should like Watson!

Ladies and Gentlemen of Husker Nation, I propose that we hereby pardon Steve Pedersen of all his transgressions against Nebraska if he saves us now by hiring Watson and his cronies. Can I get an "aye"?

aye!!

Tsk tsk

aye!!

aye, aye

Tsk tsk

Only if Watson agrees to take Cotton and Gilmore with him. Getting rid of Watson and keeping the other two is just putting a band aid on a sucking chest wound. Nothing in these two's history has shown competence as a assistant coach.

Let's see if Bo has the balls to do what Callahan couldn't do and fire a friend (Cozgrove) for the betterment of the program and his job security. Too bad Peterson screwed up with Cally and Bo. I think if we could have Callahan's offense and Bo's defense we would have a couple of NC's by now. I would love to see that 2007 offense matched with Bo's defenses of the past two years. Instead we get each of them separately and neither have shown (to this point) that they can handle the other side of the ball. Obviously the defense with Callahan and Offense in Bo's case. A team with Callahan's defense with Bo's offense may go 0-12.

Tsk tsk

Only if Watson agrees to take Cotton and Gilmore with him. Getting rid of Watson and keeping the other two is just putting a band aid on a sucking chest wound. Nothing in these two's history has shown competence as a assistant coach.

Let's see if Bo has the balls to do what Callahan couldn't do and fire a friend (Cozgrove) for the betterment of the program and his job security. Too bad Peterson screwed up with Cally and Bo. I think if we could have Callahan's offense and Bo's defense we would have a couple of NC's by now. I would love to see that 2007 offense matched with Bo's defenses of the past two years. Instead we get each of them separately and neither have shown (to this point) that they can handle the other side of the ball. Obviously the defense with Callahan and Offense in Bo's case. A team with Callahan's defense with Bo's offense may go 0-12.

Or two dead coaches - mutual anilalation