Zac Who?

Roark

he was hurt

He played at the end of the CU game. How hurt could he have been? That month off should have helped. The bizarre handling of Zac Lee is completely on the coaching staff.

You mean a few snaps in garbage time on senior day? Lee has been hurt most of the season.

I really wish he was healthy this year, because while he may not possess the running ability of TMart, I feel he's a better QB in every other aspect.

edit: and let's not forget that Lee actually had 2 injuries last year

Zac Lee sucks. Everyone excused him because of the torn tendon, but I had that same injury when I was pitching in baseball, it doesn't effect much.

Clearly the treats after the games made it all better.

His arm was 20%. What part of that did you miss?

BS. He was throwing just fine last year. His arm wasn't the problem. His terrible decision making and inability to see open receivers was the problem.

Sorry Chumly but your opinions are wrong. The facts are his elbow was blown out and his arm strength was at 20%. If his elbow was fine the doctors never would have said he needed it needed to be operated on let alone they never would have performed the procedure.

I never denied his tendon was torn, I had the same injury, doesn't really effect your ability to throw that much. If his arm was 20% he wouldn't have been able to lift it, let alone complete that pass to Niles in the Holiday Bowl.

His arm was way over 20%. Nobody even knew he was injured until after the season.

Zac Lee sucks. Everyone excused him because of the torn tendon, but I had that same injury when I was pitching in baseball, it doesn't effect much.

BS. He was throwing just fine last year. His arm wasn't the problem. His terrible decision making and inability to see open receivers was the problem.

Sorry Chumly but your opinions are wrong. The facts are his elbow was blown out and his arm strength was at 20%. If his elbow was fine the doctors never would have said he needed it needed to be operated on let alone they never would have performed the procedure.

I never denied his tendon was torn, I had the same injury, doesn't really effect your ability to throw that much. If his arm was 20% he wouldn't have been able to lift it, let alone complete that pass to Niles in the Holiday Bowl.

His arm was way over 20%. Nobody even knew he was injured until after the season.

Wrong again. Consistency is your strength.

Wrong again. Consistency is your strength.

How is he wrong again? His arm strength was way over 20% and nobody did know he was injured until the season was over. That makes him vey right.

Again, if he really lost 80% of his arm strength he wouldn't be able to lift it, let alone throw a football. Like say, that TD pass to Niles in the Holiday bowl. Reality can be fun.

When Taylor was at "70%," he was limping around on the field and it was painfully obvious that he was hurt.

Nobody in the general fan base even knew Zac Lee was hurt until after the bowl game. Maybe there was talk of it on message boards like this one, but if you were just watching the game, you couldn't tell. If he was at "20%," it would have been pretty obvious. And since I remember him throwing 30 yard passes downfield against teams like Kansas or Arizona, "20%" would also mean his "100%" arm strength would put him at being able to make 150 yard throws.

That isn't how it works at all. But I agree the 20% number is pulled out of a hat and the most dramatic one I've seen. I won't put a percentage on it, but IIRC he had problems gripping the ball and his control was fairly shot. Where he might have been pinpoint otherwise, he sprayed balls over the place some. He really was limited in his ability to throw the ball and coaches limited him in the passing game as a result. EZ referred to it as the equivalent of a knee injury for a RB. Whatever number you want to put on it, it is going to seriously hamper your effectiveness.

It is the same story for Taylor's injury. Lateral quickness was shot, his burst was no longer there even when he got some speed back eventually. His bread and butter that made him so dangerous was gone. Completely unreasonable to expect Taylor to put up the same performances he did earlier in the year, post injury - especially because even more, his footwork/mechanics, which were poor to begin with, regressed after the injury.

I did see on another board though, reports from within the stadium that Taylor stopped limping as soon as he got to the sideline and was walking fine. That makes me <_< about his slow, long limps to the sideline that never came after a good play, that we saw anyway.

Does anybody else find it completely bizarre that Zac Lee sat on the sidelines all season, when it seemed like he was exactly what the Huskers needed in close games/losses?

That'd make it two years in a row he sat on the sidelines because it was what the huskers needed to win games. Although 2009 it wasn't voluntarily... it was just three and out or turnovers so often that's what it ended up being.

I like Lee, he seems like a good guy. He played hurt and tried hard kept his head up the last 2 seasons. Somehow though between looking absolutely horrible in 2009 and being the backup he became "exactly what the huskers needed to win." Give me a break. We have a stable of receivers that couldn't catch a cold with any consistency, a line that is suspect at best pass blocking, he has absolutely no explosiveness in the run game, and a defense without Suh. That's before you take into account that he was reportedly injured again mid-season this year and only returned for a few series against CU in the senior day game.

He showed nothing in 2009 that would make him the Brett Farve (circa 2009) like savior some of you seem to want to make him out to be. It's more then a little ridiculous.

I love it how after last season everybody wanted a new QB and that Zac Lee sucks but now that we have a new one QB that lost a lot of key games people are now like "If we had Zac Lee we would've won more game!" :lol:

EXACTLY!

Same exact sequence of events as last year from the fans:

1st half of 2009: Zac Lee = Joe Montana!!!

2nd half of 2009: Zac Lee = something way worse than Mickey Joseph

1st half of 2010: TM = WAY BETTER THAN Eric Crouch

2nd half of 2010: TM = something way worse than Mickey Joseph

Edit: I swear I don't have anything against Mickey Joseph. I don't even know if I'm spelling his name right...I just remember ol' #2 being fan hated BIG TIME.