Husker QB's 2000-2010

holvy83

i think the people who are ranking crouch #2 or 3 need to go back and rewatch the 2001 season...

I don't see how Crouch isn't far-and-away the best on the list. If he'd have even been a career backup QB in the NFL, nobody would be downplaying the fact that he won the Heisman. Maybe there were more deserving candidates than him, but c'mon, the other Husker QBs within the past decade didn't even get a sniff of the Heisman. Deserved or not, Eric won it.

i think the people who are ranking crouch #2 or 3 need to go back and rewatch the 2001 season...

I don't see how Crouch isn't far-and-away the best on the list. If he'd have even been a career backup QB in the NFL, nobody would be downplaying the fact that he won the Heisman. Maybe there were more deserving candidates than him, but c'mon, the other Husker QBs within the past decade didn't even get a sniff of the Heisman. Deserved or not, Eric won it.

He is no doubt. The only reason he holds the 1A on my list, it that Z. Taylor meant quite a bit in the Callahan years, for him to give NU 2 solid years at Qb gave a "little" hope to fans that Callahan was the right choice and the WCO might succeed. Plus for a kid to come from Juco to Big 12 newcomer of the year is pretty sweet also. We may never see a performance like Crouch gave us in 2000. Like another guy pointed out that it was hard to rank Qb's with all the changes made, but that is why I made the ranking, each of them brought something to the table that either worked or didn't, and that is why i thought it was good idea to see where other fans put each one.

i also wouldnt put lee ahead of martinez, and i know i may be causing controversy by say that.

even an uninjured zac lee wasnt effective at any part of the 2009 season. at least taylor gave our offense a spark. some people are saying that we should have gone back to him while taylor was struggling, but i they must not remember how ineffective our offense was last year

Think things need to be cleared up. Some people ranking QB in order they think were the best, some in order of importance to Nebraska at time they played.

I you are ranking in order of Best to Worst QB in Nebraska History in last 10 years, it's not close. Crouch is head and shoulders above all else, and I would even say he was probably the most important at the time he played even compared to Taylor, Ganz, etc. What would Crouch's teams looked like without him???!!!

Anyway, alot of semantics going into ratings, and if made more clear how they need to be rated would make a difference. Talent and production, or importance to stability of program, etc.

i also wouldnt put lee ahead of martinez, and i know i may be causing controversy by say that.

even an uninjured zac lee wasnt effective at any part of the 2009 season. at least taylor gave our offense a spark. some people are saying that we should have gone back to him while taylor was struggling, but i they must not remember how ineffective our offense was last year

I wasn't hanging around this board last year...BUT...I would bet my last dollar that most on here - if not all - were saying Zac Lee was the second coming of Joe Montana...or something like it....after 3 games last year...and deservedly so! He looked like an animal - and was in fact - incredibly effective during that time frame! And what about MO on Thursday night?

Not saying he is as good as Taylor or the other way around...just pointing out that I completely disagree with the first sentence of your second paragraph...completely.

1. Josh Freeman - based on his NFL production

2. Blane Gabbert - based on going to be a first round pick in April

3. Tyler Gabbert - based on solely nothing...other than bloodlines

4. Harrison Beck - He did help beat KSU on a pass interference call in endzone

5. Curt Dukes - based on his success at ....um...um..um

oh wait, I read the headline wrong.... You meant....oh crap...sorry..

• Fire 2

1. Josh Freeman - based on his NFL production

2. Blane Gabbert - based on going to be a first round pick in April

3. Tyler Gabbert - based on solely nothing...other than bloodlines

4. Harrison Beck - He did help beat KSU on a pass interference call in endzone

5. Curt Dukes - based on his success at ....um...um..um

oh wait, I read the headline wrong.... You meant....oh crap...sorry..

:clap let's not forget those losers! :lol:

Zac was hurt very, very early on in 2009. He hurt himself and then worsened the injury by playing through it all before the OOC slate was wrapped up.

Who the hell is this Zac Taylor everyone keeps speaking of? Everyone knows we had Jammal Lord then Joe Dailey played for a couple games and Nebraska football died for 3 1/2 years and then we had Joe Ganz. Man the lists on here are all wrong.

I don't recall Jammal Lord being a turnover machine. I remember him not being able to hit a barn from 30+ yards and a big long stride though.

Hey, this is a fun topic to debate. Here is my take on it.

1- Eric Crouch -I am unable to find one reason why he isn't #1. Not close, in my opinion. He was the only real weapon on a team that played in the National Championship game. Without him we don't even sustain a drive on OU or Miami and lose 35-3 to OU and worse to Miami. Elite speed, quickness, and toughness. Scored 59 Touchdowns on the ground and 29 through the air in his career (88 total TD, that is incredible!)

2- Zac Taylor- This guy was fun to watch, was tough as nails, and was in a completely different system than Crouch. However, I feel that Crouch was elite in his running ability and I woudn't put anything Taylor did, other than work ethic and toughness, in the elite category. Not an overly strong arm, did have great pocket presence and decision making. However, the gap between 2 and 3 is much larger than between 1 and 2.

3. Ganz- Put up lots of number, almost video game like. Couldn't do it against good defenses, and was trying to "keep up" a lot in games as Jr. Senior year, made many mistakes but worked tirelessly.

4. Martinez- Just looking at statistics he fits here, and he's only a freshman. Remains to be seen about passing ability, but he has potential like few we've seen in the QB run game. Of course you know what has been said about potential? It means you haven't done sh#t yet. That being said, this rating is solely on potential. He probably passes Ganz if he improves to serviceable through the air.

5. Jammal Lord- Honestly, one of the better QB's we've ever had as far as running the football. Had a ton of yards but not a lot of ability in the pass game. Think a bigger, slower, less accurate Taylor Martinez. Would have been a phenomenal Peso Back I think.

6. Keller- knapplc is right, this kid gets a bad rap. With the bad season and high expectations to the lawsuit with EA Sports people do not respect him. He was accurate, didn't turn the ball over, and made good decisions mostly. Checked off to RB a little too much, but that is what defenses were giving him. Wasn't a risk taker, so couldn't keep up score wise with what that defense was giving up.

7. Zac Lee- Love the kid for his heart. However, going by on field production (though marred by injury) he isn't as good as those in front of him. No matter what seems to be the reason, he led the worst Nebraska Offense in 50 years. That makes him drop substantially. We can say what if a lot, but he did not play this year. That drops him to the bottom third of the list.

8. Cody Green-Billed as a superstar as soon as he was recruited, he has yet to show that ability. Has, however, shown flashes of being a serviceable QB in a passing system. Unbelievable that this has become his strong suit. Of course strong is relative. Potential is here as well, but obviously there are different levels of not doing sh#t yet, and he has done less sh#t than Taylor at this point.

9. Dailey- Probably would have been a great option QB if given the chance. Unfortunately he wasn't. A guy who has only started 4 games is ranked ahead of him. Damn...