Where will Leach go?

corncraze

Hate to be a....

debbie-downer-7.jpg

but I dont think Leach would settle for anything less than a HC job. He had alot of success at a school that never had nay success, someone will come along and take a chance on him.

O I know he's not coming here haha, just wishing thinking. THe main purpose of this post was to see if anyone had insight as to where he might go.

Hate to be a....

debbie-downer-7.jpg

but I dont think Leach would settle for anything less than a HC job. He had alot of success at a school that never had nay success, someone will come along and take a chance on him.

A couple months ago I would have agreed with you entirely...but Maryland just passed him over and specifically gave the reason that he's a controversial hire. 2 years ago he almost could have named his destination. You don't see Mangino, Leach, or Jim Leavitt being mentioned for any head coaching job. I'm starting to think all three will need to resurrect their careers as coordinators, or accept a non BCS HC job. IMO if any of them plan to coach at a big time program in the next few years, it won't be as an HC.

If it's been decided that he won't be a big time BCS HC this year...what's smarter: 1) going the OC route for a couple of years at a place like Nebraska where he could win an NC and again be the hottest coach out there, or 2) go to a place like Maryland where you might make more $$, but you'll be status quo with 7-5,8-4 seasons and have to completely re-prove yourself as a head coach at a place where that's not easy to do.

I'd take the OC position at Nebraska, with the intention of turning the offense around and landing the HC job at USC in 2 years when Kiffin fails to impress, or the job at Nebraska when Bo leaves for tOSU (had to throw that in there :))

If Brady Hoke gets the Mich job, then it wouldn't suprise me to see Leach go to San Diego St....

He could be a big fish in a small pond, which seems to be what he likes..

I could see Leach at San Diego State. It would be a good fit. Plus he would have some water to go with his pirate theme.

Hate to be a....

debbie-downer-7.jpg

A couple months ago I would have agreed with you entirely...but Maryland just passed him over and specifically gave the reason that he's a controversial hire. 2 years ago he almost could have named his destination. You don't see Mangino, Leach, or Jim Leavitt being mentioned for any head coaching job. I'm starting to think all three will need to resurrect their careers as coordinators, or accept a non BCS HC job. IMO if any of them plan to coach at a big time program in the next few years, it won't be as an HC.

If it's been decided that he won't be a big time BCS HC this year...what's smarter: 1) going the OC route for a couple of years at a place like Nebraska where he could win an NC and again be the hottest coach out there, or 2) go to a place like Maryland where you might make more $$, but you'll be status quo with 7-5,8-4 seasons and have to completely re-prove yourself as a head coach at a place where that's not easy to do.

I'd take the OC position at Nebraska, with the intention of turning the offense around and landing the HC job at USC in 2 years when Kiffin fails to impress, or the job at Nebraska when Bo leaves for tOSU (had to throw that in there :))

You do realize we don't have any of the offense that Leach would want. We would have to bring in a brand new qb that can throw accurately 95%. We would need good receivers that could catch and take a hit. We would need a quicker o line. The woodshed got blown way out there and the only reason we heard about it was that the kid was an announcer for espn. Leach would probably take a downtrodden team and try to turn them into Boise St.