2007 – 9-118-1

Career – 178-2311-24

Nate Swift

2005 – 45-641-7

2006 – 22-374-2

2007 – 36-520-3

2008 – 63-941-10

Career – 166-2476-22

Swifts stats are pretty much on par with Maehl’s so shouldn’t Teddy Gilmore get the same amount of credit & praise for what he did for Swift as Frost does for Maehl? :dunno

Oregon Receivers 2006 – 2010 (Spread Offense)

With Frost

2010 – 248-3178-31

2009 – 197-2344-16

Average – 223-2761-23.5

Without Frost

2008 – 204-2662-20

2007 – 244-2806-26

2006 – 246-2707-17

Average – 231-2725-21

So basically it would appear that all Frost did with the Oregon receivers is coach them to be the status quo for what the out put had been the previous years before he arrived. <_<

Hes one of the best recruiters on the Oregon Staff, he has already gained a reputation as one the best young recruiters in the neation. IMO, thats why alot of nebraska fans want Scott to come back home. In the past 4-5 years we have not pulled in a stud WR like a Devon Blackmon or Tacoi Sumler like an Oregon.

I agree that we shouldn't be afraid to take a risk on a young coach, but people want to give the OC duties (or co-OC duties) to a guy that has 1 total year of experience in an offensive system. His 2 years at Northern Iowa as a linebackers coach and co-defensive coordinator don't really help him much. To them, this "resume" somehow trumps the resumes of VERY qualified and proven OCs at various other levels of Division 1 football...why?

the argument (summarized) up to this point is...

1) (most importantly) he's an NU guy - we graduate about 10 offensive guys a year, so the pool probably totals about 200 people just as qualified as Frost in this area.

2) he's an up-and-comer. Is he? Because he happened to land on the Oregon staff, who happened to go to the NCG this year? That's all it takes?

3) his handling of the Blount incident. not sure how restraining an idiot qualifies him as an OC.

4) Bo got a chance, why shouldn't he? Well, when Bo became DC he'd had 12 years of experience on the defensive side of the ball to Frost's 1 year. By the time Bo became HC he'd had 17 years of coaching experience, including 5 as a coordinator. Not exactly close is it?

5) he won a national title in 97, was on the team in 95, and almost won one in 2011. This just pushed me over the fence. :sarcasm:

6) he's learned from great coachs - Ron Prince, Mark Farley?

I guess I just haven't seen a single argument that has any validity to it. Could he be a good OC? Probably. But nothing qualifies him over the proven OCs already out there IMO.

Very well put and I agree 100%. It wouldn't bother me to bring him in as a position coach and let him know that in the near future that he could become the OC if or when the current OC decides to leave.

I agree that we shouldn't be afraid to take a risk on a young coach, but people want to give the OC duties (or co-OC duties) to a guy that has 1 total year of experience in an offensive system. His 2 years at Northern Iowa as a linebackers coach and co-defensive coordinator don't really help him much. To them, this "resume" somehow trumps the resumes of VERY qualified and proven OCs at various other levels of Division 1 football...why?

the argument (summarized) up to this point is...

1) (most importantly) he's an NU guy - we graduate about 10 offensive guys a year, so the pool probably totals about 200 people just as qualified as Frost in this area.

2) he's an up-and-comer. Is he? Because he happened to land on the Oregon staff, who happened to go to the NCG this year? That's all it takes?

3) his handling of the Blount incident. not sure how restraining an idiot qualifies him as an OC.

4) Bo got a chance, why shouldn't he? Well, when Bo became DC he'd had 12 years of experience on the defensive side of the ball to Frost's 1 year. By the time Bo became HC he'd had 17 years of coaching experience, including 5 as a coordinator. Not exactly close is it?

5) he won a national title in 97, was on the team in 95, and almost won one in 2011. This just pushed me over the fence. :sarcasm:

6) he's learned from great coachs - Ron Prince, Mark Farley?

I guess I just haven't seen a single argument that has any validity to it. Could he be a good OC? Probably. But nothing qualifies him over the proven OCs already out there IMO.

Very well put and I agree 100%. It wouldn't bother me to bring him in as a position coach and let him know that in the near future that he could become the OC if or when the current OC decides to leave.

Or let him sit at Oregon for another season or 2 and watch him learn about one of the most dynamic offenses in CFB. Then snag him when Watson finally gets the head coaching job he wants. I completely agree with aspped's comment out Frost's recruiting. Huge IMO.

Hes one of the best recruiters on the Oregon Staff, he has already gained a reputation as one the best young recruiters in the neation. IMO, thats why alot of nebraska fans want Scott to come back home. In the past 4-5 years we have not pulled in a stud WR like a Devon Blackmon or Tacoi Sumler like an Oregon.

I get that and that is cool. I’m not against Frost getting a position coach job if one becomes available but I am against giving him the Offensive Coordinator. It does appear that he is a good recruiter but he also has some advantages at Oregon right now that he wouldn’t have at NU. I’m pretty sure the facilities are better, the numerous uniforms (mind boggling to me :facepalm: ), and you throw in the fact that they are a “hot” program right now as well.

I do have a major problem with the notion that T.O. should some how make Bo hire him. That would do a lot more damage to the program then good if you ask me. If that happened then what real power would Bo actually have?

But like I showed in the receiving stats, all that it would appear Frost did there is keep the status quo that had been started at Oregon when they switched to the Spread Option attack.

I get that and that is cool. Im not against Frost getting a position coach job if one becomes available but I am against giving him the Offensive Coordinator. It does appear that he is a good recruiter but he also has some advantages at Oregon right now that he wouldnt have at NU. Im pretty sure the facilities are better, the numerous uniforms (mind boggling to me :facepalm: ), and you throw in the fact that they are a hot program right now as well.

I do have a major problem with the notion that T.O. should some how make Bo hire him. That would do a lot more damage to the program then good if you ask me. If that happened then what real power would Bo actually have?

But like I showed in the receiving stats, all that it would appear Frost did there is keep the status quo that had been started at Oregon when they switched to the Spread Option attack.

They are a "hot" program, but every WR that committed to them said it was because of Scott Frost. Devon Blackmon said he felt most comfortable with Scott, and that Scott would take care of him. So you cannot put it on just because they have cool jeresys and the best facilities.

And Oregons stats quo at WR, has been head and shoulders above our status quo at WR for years and years. And for him to keep them at a high level is actually pretty impressive, IMO.

I get that and that is cool. I’m not against Frost getting a position coach job if one becomes available but I am against giving him the Offensive Coordinator. It does appear that he is a good recruiter but he also has some advantages at Oregon right now that he wouldn’t have at NU. I’m pretty sure the facilities are better, the numerous uniforms (mind boggling to me :facepalm: ), and you throw in the fact that they are a “hot” program right now as well.

I don't think TO would ever make Bo hire anyone. That's not how he works. However, the longer Frost stays at Oregon, the more attractive he'll become to Bo. It's been stated numerous times now that the Oregon offense is what Bo wants at Nebraska. Give Frost a few more years and see where we are then.

They are a "hot" program, but every WR that committed to them said it was because of Scott Frost. Devon Blackmon said he felt most comfortable with Scott, and that Scott would take care of him. So you cannot put it on just because they have cool jeresys and the best facilities.

And Oregons stats quo at WR, has been head and shoulders above our status quo at WR for years and years. And for him to keep them at a high level is actually pretty impressive, IMO.

I didn’t put it on “just the facilities and uniforms”, but I would also bet that those two things didn’t hurt the recruiting process either. I’m not denying the fact that Frost help land 3 really good looking prospects, I’m just saying he has a few advantages at Oregon right now that he wouldn’t have at NU.

A lot of schools status quo at WR trumps ours but nobody is pining for those schools position coaches to come here and be our Offensive Coordinator. My point on the Oregon WR play staying pretty much the same with Frost as it was without him, is that maybe just maybe it is the offense that is responsible for that and not the position coach at the time.

I don't think TO would ever make Bo hire anyone. That's not how he works. However, the longer Frost stays at Oregon, the more attractive he'll become to Bo. It's been stated numerous times now that the Oregon offense is what Bo wants at Nebraska. Give Frost a few more years and see where we are then.

I’m not disputing those things and I actually agree with you on them.

There are people that have stated though that T.O. should tell Bo to hire Frost, which if you ask me would be disastrous.

I have stated that I don’t have a problem with Frost coming in as a position coach, right now, today. I do have a problem with handing the reigns of our offense over to a unproven guy that has only been an offensive coach for 2 seasons, based solely on the fact that he played here and he has been around some pretty coaches.

Much as I like Mr. Frost, and would love to have him back in Lincoln, some people are wholly unrealistic about the capacity we should bring him in at. OC? That's pretty darned ambitious. Maybe someday he'll be ready, but we haven't seen enough yet to make it look like we have to snap him up right now. Nor have we seen anything that says Frosty wants to come back here.

I didn’t put it on “just the facilities and uniforms”, but I would also bet that those two things didn’t hurt the recruiting process either. I’m not denying the fact that Frost help land 3 really good looking prospects, I’m just saying he has a few advantages at Oregon right now that he wouldn’t have at NU.

A lot of schools status quo at WR trumps ours but nobody is pining for those schools position coaches to come here and be our Offensive Coordinator. My point on the Oregon WR play staying pretty much the same with Frost as it was without him, is that maybe just maybe it is the offense that is responsible for that and not the position coach at the time.

I agree with you that Scott is tottaly not ready to be the OC of a mjaor CFB program. But I would love to have him back home in Nebraska coaching our WRs.

I’m not disputing those things and I actually agree with you on them.

There are people that have stated though that T.O. should tell Bo to hire Frost, which if you ask me would be disastrous.

I have stated that I don’t have a problem with Frost coming in as a position coach, right now, today. I do have a problem with handing the reigns of our offense over to a unproven guy that has only been an offensive coach for 2 seasons, based solely on the fact that he played here and he has been around some pretty coaches.

He's been around some pretty coaches and we want to expose him to Bo?

work.6397010.1.flat,550x550,075,f.huskers-football-coach-bo-pelini.jpg

• Fire 1