J. Crick

He had such a quiet season. So many of the questions like "can he do it without Suh at his side?" went unanswered. 70 tackles, 17 TFLs, 9.5 sacks. Very solid season - but when you look at the fact that David had 152 tackles and Gomes had 99 it makes you realize how many runners were getting past the line of scrimage.

smokescreen use of statistics. By nature LBs and DBs are going to lead teams in tackles. On the list of tackle leaders nationwide the first D-Lineman doesn't show on the list until 96th with 94 tackles. I see that he had 14.5 TFLs. His numbers don't appear too far off the elite D-Linemen.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2010/national/index.html

Not meant to be a smokescreen...not really even sure what that means...but it's part of why our run defense was out of the top 50 this year, and Washington ran for almost 300 yards on us. Texas put up over 200 after failing to move the ball against much worse defenses. Young LBers contribute to that, and a lot of those were when the QB got outside the DE - but you have to admit the DL this year was far from dominant and put a lot more preasure on our young linebackers than we would have liked. It's still a strength don't get me wrong, but to say Crick put up a 1st round DT performance on the season is a stretch IMO.

He had such a quiet season. So many of the questions like "can he do it without Suh at his side?" went unanswered. 70 tackles, 17 TFLs, 9.5 sacks. Very solid season - but when you look at the fact that David had 152 tackles and Gomes had 99 it makes you realize how many runners were getting past the line of scrimage.

smokescreen use of statistics. By nature LBs and DBs are going to lead teams in tackles. On the list of tackle leaders nationwide the first D-Lineman doesn't show on the list until 96th with 94 tackles. I see that he had 14.5 TFLs. His numbers don't appear too far off the elite D-Linemen.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2010/national/index.html

Not meant to be a smokescreen...not really even sure what that means...but it's part of why our run defense was out of the top 50 this year, and Washington ran for almost 300 yards on us. Texas put up over 200 after failing to move the ball against much worse defenses. Young LBers contribute to that, and a lot of those were when the QB got outside the DE - but you have to admit the DL this year was far from dominant and put a lot more preasure on our young linebackers than we would have liked. It's still a strength don't get me wrong, but to say Crick put up a 1st round DT performance on the season is a stretch IMO.

Yes I agree that the D-Line play was down. The peso scheme contributed to the rush numbers with only one true undersized but talent LB named David on the field most of the time. The D-Line numbers fell further when they decided to rush on 3 and dropped Meredith back as a faux LB. Experience and scheme adjustments should help next season.

I don't think Crick is first round either but might be second round. I certainly hope he does come back. Going into the 2009 season he was the one player I most looked forward to stepping up. He continues to get better and one more season at Nebraska could help him reach elite status.

(David was the player I most looked forward to this season BTW ;) )

Well these "quiet" stats, 32 tackles, 6 sacks, 15.5 TFL, two pass breakups, and one fumble recovery were loud enough to get 63 million over five years and the third pick in the draft. Gerald McCoy put those numbers up in the same defensive system of taking up blockers to free up LBs.

His stock has done nothing but fall this year. Now that doesn't mean he's bad by any means, he just hasn't lived up to expectations. He went from being a sure 1st rounder to probably late 2nd-3rd right now. I think he stays, but he has been a little bit dodgy about it all so I wouldn't be surprised if he declares

I have to think that he will be playing on Sunday. I'm not sure when or if he'll get drafted. But there's some NFL D coordinator that could put him to good use.

No doubt he'd get drafted. When can be debated. I'd guess 3rd or 4th round.

Unless he completely sh*ts the bed at the combine, you're probably right

CRICK IS A JUNIOR. HOW WERE SUH'S NUMBERS AS A JUNIOR. HOW WAS THE DEFENSE WHEN SUH WAS A JUNIOR. THIS IS COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES.

I actually was able to read this from 15 feet away, awesome.

I think he'll back, for a few reasons (pending NFL lockout, education, wanting to play one more year) so i'm not really all that worried.

People are out of touch when it comes to crick.

76 tackles and 7 sacks.....suhs numbers as a jr. cricks stats are better numbers than jason peter ever put up. crick was performing at an elite level....unless he tested out really really bad he is a 1st or 2nd rounder