D Tray Transfer

D-Tray's transfer makes me wonder if there's something going on with the coaches that he really doesn't like and won't stick around for. He was our 3rd string guy this year, which would've put him in great position to get even more PT in 201l, potentially as our #2 behind Rex. I know we have talent coming in that will compete for lots of PT, but you gotta think Tray stood a great chance considering he's been in the system for 2 years now. IMO there's more than meets the eye with this unfortunate transfer.

Could be all sorts of things. Could be that he transferred for the same reason(s) Castille transferred (just throwing that out there, NOT an allegation), could be he asked the coaches for an honest assessment of his playing chances and he didn't hear what he wanted, could be that he wasn't cutting it academically (again, just tossing this out there, NO reports of this), could be... just about anything.

From what I've read in the past (and was brought up again when I found out) is that the zone read attack just doesn't suit him. This is extremely disappointing to me, I loved his style of play and thought he had the chance to be something special. Whats even more disappointing is that this is further testament that we're sticking with a zone read offense :facepalm:

I think zone read is a bit of a misnomer. Zone read is just what a healthy Taylor excels at doing, so in several games we have really made a living off of it. Think of it more as a shotgun spread offense. It has to play to the strengths of the players of course. Or specifically to Taylor, because outside of Colorado it did not look like we were interested in playing to Cody's strengths when he went in. But regardless it seems to be one that will leave DTray behind, and it does seem like we are going to continue going in that direction under Bo's lead.

Rex is the epitome of a football player, does some great things. But he is kind of a jack of all trades, master of none. We don't neccessarily need a workhorse running back in this offense, but do we really think that he will be able to carry the rock 20+ times per game every game?

Especially since the 2 suspected top backups are smallish true freshman, who we don't even know if they will be here or not. Could be interesting.