D Tray Transfer

Austin Jones should not be overlooked. We have decent depth back there.

Burkhead

Jones

Green

Heard

Okafor

Ward

By all accounts Ward and Okafor aren't lighting the world on fire, but with Martinez back there as well, we have some guys who can move the football on the ground.

We have decent depth if Heard and Green are as good as advertised. I’m sorry but Austin Jones is nothing more then a 4th string Running Back and Ward/Okafor are roster fillers.

So we have Martinez and Burkhead, two known, very good commodities. We have Green and (possibly) Heard, two guys who are supposed to be quite good. Green is touted as an impact player walking on to campus. We have Jones who has shown to be serviceable, and we have some roster fillers.

Sounds like most every team out there. Where's the worry?

What's the deal with Okafor? I remember hearing nothing but great things about him before he stepped foot on campus. Since then besides when he supposedly quit the team, it's been crickets. Does he just not have it?

I think I remember hearing something about his attitude not being the greatest.

If this is true, then why didn't he transfer? He seems to have pi$$ed away what was thought to be great ability. If his attitude does suck, then why did the coaches talk him into coming back? Typically, a player with the kind of hype surrounding him whether they pan out or not at least sees the field. Has he even sniffed it?

Martinez is a proven commodity against lesser opponents and he broke down as the season wore on. Austin Jones is a 5th year former walk on with 21 career carries for 76 yards (3.6 YPC). There are still questions as to whether or not Heard will even make it to campus and like I said if Green is as good as advertized then we will be alright but if he isn’t then we have Burkhead and the hopes that Martinez doesn’t get hurt again. Maybe I’m being glass half empty here but Someone has to replace the 1200 yards we are losing.

With Green and Heard coming in it doesn't look like D Tray was going to get much time on the field. The guy has skills, and apparently looked good in Fall Camp this year. Here's hoping he has much success at Montana State. :thumbs

Exactly and awesome new avatar by the way!

Thanks. I made it many moons ago when I had a working copy of Photoshop. Just got CS5 the other day, and after a bit of relearning I hope to get involved in more graphics work again. It's a fun little hobby.

not much of a loss...We have a lot of talent coming in at the running back position.

Maybe, if Heard gets cleared (hopefully for the spring) and Green actually signs. Not that I see him leaving, but you never know. Until they sign their name, I don't consider them here, yet.

Best of luck to D Tray.

D-Tray's transfer makes me wonder if there's something going on with the coaches that he really doesn't like and won't stick around for. He was our 3rd string guy this year, which would've put him in great position to get even more PT in 201l, potentially as our #2 behind Rex. I know we have talent coming in that will compete for lots of PT, but you gotta think Tray stood a great chance considering he's been in the system for 2 years now. IMO there's more than meets the eye with this unfortunate transfer.

If this is true, then why didn't he transfer? He seems to have pi$$ed away what was thought to be great ability. If his attitude does suck, then why did the coaches talk him into coming back? Typically, a player with the kind of hype surrounding him whether they pan out or not at least sees the field. Has he even sniffed it?

what hype?! the guy was considered fast for a nebraska kid but he was NEVER hyped, he was a 3 star player with zero hype and if someone did hype him then i would say to never ever listen to that person again...