KETV in Omaha reports

I wouldn't discount Bo to Michigan too quickly. It may sound ludicrous, but what if Bo is seriously considering? You'd have to think Michigan would like him considering how poor their D has played recently. Seems like a similar situation to when he came on at Nebraska 3 years ago.

Mich hiring a Buckeye? Really? Michigan fans want a 'Michigan man' I can only imagine the apoplexy wolverine fans would have with the arch rival getting the job.

Bo Schembechler was an assistant at Ohio State in 1952 and then again from 1958-1962, earned his masters degree there, and played college ball for Woody Hayes (at Miami, OH).

But schembechler wasn't ever an actual player at tOSU.

"Pelini reportedly turned down the Miami (Fla.) job this offseason, which could be an indication he's willing to leave Nebraska."

First off, I thought it was stated that he wasn't offered the job that he was just talking to the AD as a friend about it. More importantly, doesn't turning down a job seem to slant things in the other direction, that he isn't wanting to leave?

That said I'm not sure Bo is really liking how insane it is here, how critical we are of everything. But I'm sure he also realizes its gonna be worse at UM.

That said I'm not sure Bo is really liking how insane it is here, how critical we are of everything. But I'm sure he also realizes its gonna be worse at UM.

Or LSU, or Miami, or wherever he goes if he leaves. Big-time college football breeds intense fans. Bo knows that, and nothing we're doing here at Nebraska is pushing him out the door.

In fact, the scrutiny he'd face at Michigan, Miami or LSU would be far more harsh than what he's facing here. The local media largely plays softball with him. He faces some heat from the local AP hack, but aside from that, Nebraska is pretty friendly. Won't be that way in Ann Arbor, where papers in Detroit won't hesitate to rip him a new one after his outbursts. Same goes for the Florida press, the Louisiana press, et al. If Bo is leaving Nebraska to escape the harsh lights of fame, he isn't going to Michigan to do it.