Everything about Les Miles - 2011

All I know is if Bo goes to LSU that'll push Nebraska back 2-3 seasons from being a competitive team again.

Our offensive staff already pushes us back 2-3 seasons. If Bo leaves and we get a big time coach *crosses fingers* they wont be coming in with a bare cupboard. There is talent coming back. Hopefully we can keep some of the recruits on board and keep Dennard and Crick here. Maybe Crick is waiting to hear what Bo is doing before making his decision.

That's true enough but without Bo's top ten defenses we're close to Callahan's era. I really, really don't want to go there again.

Alright, two things:

1. Does anyone remember right before the 2007 SEC Championship Game when Kirk Herbstreit said it was guaranteed Les Miles was headed to Michigan at the end of the season? I do.

2. Why is everyone so scared of Bo leaving. Does he really seem like the kind of guy that would make a LATERAL move to a different school just because they offer more money? He's not that type of person. The only job we will ever have to be afraid of Bo leaving for is tOSU.

All I know is if Bo goes to LSU that'll push Nebraska back 2-3 seasons from being a competitive team again.

Our offensive staff already pushes us back 2-3 seasons. If Bo leaves and we get a big time coach *crosses fingers* they wont be coming in with a bare cupboard. There is talent coming back. Hopefully we can keep some of the recruits on board and keep Dennard and Crick here. Maybe Crick is waiting to hear what Bo is doing before making his decision.

That's true enough but without Bo's top ten defenses we're close to Callahan's era. I really, really don't want to go there again.

What is this Callahan era you speak of?

Let's not make more of Perlman's talk with the press than it was. Harvey said:

"I think it was very unfortunate," Perlman said, "and I think it's something we'll have to address with Bo."

"Bo has a lot of passion for his football team, and there is a strong upside to that. But again, overall, the conduct was unfortunate last night."

"There is a part of the culture of intercollegiate athletics that involves coaches talking strongly to players," Perlman said. "That's unfortunate it had to happen on national television. I think that probably occurs in a lot of programs."

This is not Perlman raking Pelini over the coals. It was a shock that Harvey said this to the press, but this wasn't the public tongue-lashing people are making it out to be. Perlman matter-of-factly told the press that he'd address this situation with Bo, and after that game, with the focus on Nebraska for all the wrong reasons, it wasn't a completely unreasonable thing for Harvey to have done. It was unusual, which is why folks focus on it, I think.

If Miles does take the Michigan job I really wonder what he'll be able to accomplish because aside from a few offensive standouts, the cupboard looks almost bare. Not to take away from the job Peleni did in his first few years but our problem was talent that had been squandered by Cosgrove...Michigan just doesn't have anything positive going defensively. And their special teams were the laughing stock of college football.

Then again it's not like he had much to work with at OSU so who knows.

I don't see why people are so sure Bo would leave. Despite Harvey Pearlman, Nebraska has been the school that keeps giving Bo his big breaks. Solich game him his first DC job after reaching NFL Linebackers coach. TO gave him the HC job here after being a college DC. So there may be a sense of loyalty. It's not as though Nebraska is Miss St, Baylor, Boston College, Arizona....you know lower and middle tier schools in their conference. Nebraska was one of the big 3 in the big12 (even if some Missouri/kansas folks don't want to admit it). We should expect to be a major player in the Big10.