Breaking down the Big Ten

i sort of like the way the 2 divsions are divided, if there has to be 2 divisions...i realize that its about money, and that is why its down....i would rather see no divsions, and everyone plays each other.........I HATE THE NAMES OF THE DIVISIONS,,, THE NAMES DO NOT REFLECT FOOTBALL

We will win or division, the only real competition in our division is Michigan State. Iowa is losing everybody, Michigan will be breaking in a new coaching staff, Minnesota stinks, Northwestern is a decent team that will surprisem some people but IMO we are better.

Not if we continue to play like the last 4 games we won't. We aren't in the North divison anymore. As long as Watson still calling plays i can't be optimitic. Our new division is much more balanced than we have faced before.

This is the mantality that we need to purge from Nebraska fans' minds. You mean to tell me that the Big Ten is THAT much better than us? Not a chance. We did not have a single give me game last year either and we won ten games and lost four by a total of 20 points. There is not a single team in the Big Ten next year that is better than us. We win our division because we are the best returning team in that division.

• Fire 1

We win our division with a healthy Tmart. Even with the staff we have now.

We get a decent OC and a staff that works well together the sky is the limit. :corndance

We win our division regardless of who the QB is.

We have two All-Americans coming back on defense and another one that will be a pre-season All-American.

We will win or division, the only real competition in our division is Michigan State. Iowa is losing everybody, Michigan will be breaking in a new coaching staff, Minnesota stinks, Northwestern is a decent team that will surprisem some people but IMO we are better.

Not if we continue to play like the last 4 games we won't. We aren't in the North divison anymore. As long as Watson still calling plays i can't be optimitic. Our new division is much more balanced than we have faced before.

This is the mantality that we need to purge from Nebraska fans' minds. You mean to tell me that the Big Ten is THAT much better than us? Not a chance. We did not have a single give me game last year either and we won ten games and lost four by a total of 20 points. There is not a single team in the Big Ten next year that is better than us. We win our division because we are the best returning team in that division.

This is the mentality of husker fans who think we will waltz right into the Big Ten and start owning them. I'm not saying we won't win the division just caution against over optimism. We almost lost to Iowa St, they aren't good at all. So we will with no hesitation beat Ohio St, Penn St, and Wisconsin? can you pass the weed so i can smoke what you are smoking?

This is the mentality of husker fans who think we will waltz right into the Big Ten and start owning them. I'm not saying we won't win the division just caution against over optimism. We almost lost to Iowa St, they aren't good at all. So we will with no hesitation beat Ohio St, Penn St, and Wisconsin? can you pass the weed so i can smoke what you are smoking?

First of all, those 4 games we lost, we might have only lost by 20 points, but in those four games, outside of the Big XII title game, did we look remotely competitive??

If we lost 3 games in conference next year, I would not be suprised. Two of those losses will probably be to Ohio St/Wisc/Mich St, and that wouldn't shock me. The third loss will be one of those that just baffles all of us.

I don't see us winning the division if it is status quo on offense. Do people really believe we are going to go in with same offense as this year and just get an automatic bid to the Big 10 championship? I will be shocked if we go in running the same drivel we ran this last year. Unless, we like losing a lot of 16-10, 20-13, 24-14 games. This is us next year in the Big 10 unless we shake this offense up.

Has everyone forgotten how we viewed the Big 10 before we found out that's where Nebraska was headed? Before the announcement last summer, I PROMISE you if I had put up a poll "How would Nebraska fare in the B10?" 90% would have said "they'd do extremely well because of the team speed and the B10 just isn't that good. Just look at bowl records, etc." Now that Nebraska's headed over there, you'd think they're the freakin SEC... I'm not saying it won't be tough, but 7-5??? Come on.

I don't see us winning the division if it is status quo on offense. Do people really believe we are going to go in with same offense as this year and just get an automatic bid to the Big 10 championship? I will be shocked if we go in running the same drivel we ran this last year. Unless, we like losing a lot of 16-10, 20-13, 24-14 games. This is us next year in the Big 10 unless we shake this offense up.

I think that if we're going to have any success, it'll be running a similar offense to this year. I hope they change the passing game, but if we completely overhaul the offense, then we're going to be monumentally screwed. We can't afford to completely change our system again, it would just be another disaster.