Texas just screwed the B12

da skers

this is getting comical. Mr. Bebe you have managed this conference so poorly that your two biggest tv draws are now forming their own networks. Congratulations, you have taken what was once the strongest conference in college football and turned into one that now has as much appeal to the tv networks as conference usa.

There's a difference between being talked about, like Missouri, Syracuse, Rutgers and Notre Dame have been talked about, and an actual factual invite being tendered as happened with Notre Dame (like a standard, open invitation, from what I'm hearing, as in, PLEASE join us), and Nebraska. I will guarantee you that Missouri is on the Big 10's radar, and they should be. In all those lists and numbers I provided, Missouri is ranked right up there (aside from the top-20 lists of TV and Value). If the Big 10 were to expand again (which I think is a serious probability), I think Missouri's phone will ring again.

My contention that Nebraska is a "bigger catch" than Missouri doesn't mean Missouri sucks. It most certainly does not. It's just that, supported by facts, Nebraska is better. How much better is open to interpretation, and the only true gauge of value is the Big 10's, because they're the ones holding all the cards.

Dont get me wrong. I am not saying that nebraska was a bad choice, or didnt deserve to be offered. Thats not the case at all. Just saying its not like we are worlds apart. Nebraska was the right choice if you are taking 1 school. Thats an honest statement from me.

We have hashed and re-hashed this topic to death already about who, why, & when. Personally I dont think there are things to go over when it comes to NE vs. MU/ku/KSU/ISU/RUT/PITT/SYC and so on. I think the discussion is between those remaining schools because NE is already in.

I don't mean to re-hash this topic fro, but it becomes quite simple when you put $$ behind it. The Big10 is estimated to bring in 35-45 million per team when they get the new TV deal in 2016 along with Big10 Network money. Along with a Big10 championship game, the Big10 thought NU was worth that amount of money. In expanding to more than 12 teams MU or anyone else would have to be able to bring in more than the 35-45 mill. In addition to that they would have to wait without a raise until a new TV deal comes along like NU has to.

I dont think anyone besides ND is worthy of this deal. If ND comes into the Big10 MU is as good as any of the other schools mentioned previsiously. I just don't think it will happen.

this is getting comical. Mr. Bebe you have managed this conference so poorly that your two biggest tv draws are now forming their own networks. Congratulations, you have taken what was once the strongest conference in college football and turned into one that now has as much appeal to the tv networks as conference usa.

Perhaps the Big12 is creating a new conference model. Not one that will benefit KU, but one that could attract ND.

Perhaps the Big12 is creating a new conference model. Not one that will benefit KU, but one that could attract ND.

Notre Dame already has their own TV contract. Why would they join the Big12?

If they did it would be as a place to house their other sports only. Texas had made an offer that should their current arrangement be blown apart with Mega conferences they could move to the B12 and still stay independent in football. Of course in emails obtained through FOIA it was also discovered that Texas tried to explore the possibility of starting a confrence with ND in which they could pick and choose their divisions and set up a "powers of college football" as such and leave others looking from the outside in. It most likly would have been killed by anti-trust laws.

ND's NBC deal brings them 16million a year and runs out in 2015. I don't know what BevoTV means to the college landscape, but ND is one of a few schools with enough draw to match what TX has been able to get through BevoTV.

No one knows what college football will look like after the conferences get new TV deals in 2016. As long as the Big12 has an automatic BCS spot I don't see it going away. Just speculation.

It was reported that Jim Delany wanted to get Nebraska in to the Big10 when he got the job as comish, ended up with Penn State. I don't see Mizzu joining the Big10, doesn't make sense for the Big10 network. No offense to Mizzu just the way I see it. I see the big 10 expanding east and south as much as possible. Would be nice to see Oklahoma in the Big10 though I don't think it would happen.

Seems like many whorns fans think that this is no big deal, and that it will strengthen the Big 12. They also think that the Big 12 will either expand with ND and BYU, or just come to some sort of "tv deal" with them.

They also think that we crapped the bed, as supposedly the Big 12 teams will make more tv money than the Big 10 schools.

Link

"Nebraska would eat their own sh*t before crawling back to UT." lol yup.

Also, do Big XII fans really think they have a chance at getting Notre Dame?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

the main difference though is that Notre Dame is independent, whereas Texas just acts like they are even though they are in a major conference bleeding it dry.

Texas doesn't have the prestige like Notre Dame to be an independent and still expect an AQ. Won't ever happen.

Doesn't mean their necessarily not dumb arrogant enough to try..