Jim Rome on 'Callahan'

Foppa

Jim Rome's candid take on Callahan:

9-27-2005

Someone needs to wake Beau Bridges up in Lincoln. Clearly he has lost his mind if he thinks what he’s doing in Nebraska is the same thing as coaching in the NFL.

Bridges was quoted as saying, “People make a bigger deal out of that than I would expect. As a ball coach, I’m being honest with you. You have to be able to adapt. It’s not that hard. If you asked Steve Spurrier, he’d tell you the same thing….it’s just coaching football.”

Uh, no it isn’t. If it were just ‘coaching football’ then your defense wouldn’t have more touchdowns than your offense. And they do, 4-3. That’s not ok. If the defense is getting the ball into the end zone more than the offense, your ‘coaching is coaching’ philosophy sucks.

Beau Bridges? :wtf

My guess is the a$$hole has had problems before with BC. And BC does not appear to be the type to kiss a$$.

But in honesty I could care less what Rome has to say. He is a jerk and has always been one. He was anti Nebraska when Frank was here and thought our offense belonged in a cave. Who gives a crap what the moron thinks.

My guess is the a$$hole has had problems before with BC. And BC does not appear to be the type to kiss a$$.

But in honesty I could care less what Rome has to say. He is a jerk and has always been one. He was anti Nebraska when Frank was here and thought our offense belonged in a cave. Who gives a crap what the moron thinks.

Skers, quit hiding your feelings, how do you REALLY feel? ;):)

Jim Rome is a tool. No two ways about it. He embodies the word like no other can.

:yeah

As far as the Beau Bridges comment, he looks a lot like him, so I guess that is where he is going with that. My favorite Rome interview was the one where he kept calling Jim Everett, Cris, then when he got pissed and threatened to beat his ass, Rome ran like a lost little schoolgirl. What a biggidy bitch!

In this particular case, it's Rome going over the top again. I don't agree that coaching in college and coaching in pro is the same thing. Not by a long shot. The only reason this is getting any attention is that Rome uses harsh phrases to draw attention to himself.

There's alot of differences between college and pro, but the main point is.. I don't think BC really meant that coaching college and coaching pro are exactly alike, and I don't think that he means that he's coaching then like he would a pro team, because I don't think he is, things were a lot more complex when he was at oakland. Rome has a point but, should think about things a bit more before he goes blabbing.