Jim Rome on 'Callahan'

Foppa

This is nothing more than some bar pushing match between 2 guys that don't want to fight but keep running their mouths anyway - big f'ing deal.

Gee, sorry it does not live up to your standards. I apologize for my descriptives. Maybe you and Jim Everett compare biceps ( that's not a big muscle, look how big mine is). I thought it was a funny clip, pure and simple, but I honestly didn't think someone would post a response about what a real fight is and what is not. No, it is not the ultimate fighting championship, but that really wasn't the point. Give me a break!

You forgot the part where I said, "This video is as hilarious today as was however many years ago" and turned it into a personal attack about me and my biceps :lol: nice.

One thing about email is that you can't inject voice inflections . . or atleast not accurately. Let's keep the personal attacks in the "woodshed".

:cheers

I have no problem with no personal attacks. Nothing was meant as a personal attack, but more as an critique of your response to a fun-intended post that I made. Just thought your "Big F'n deal" remark was a tad overzealous. I am sorry that you took my reply so personal.

This is nothing more than some bar pushing match between 2 guys that don't want to fight but keep running their mouths anyway - big f'ing deal.

Gee, sorry it does not live up to your standards. I apologize for my descriptives. Maybe you and Jim Everett compare biceps ( that's not a big muscle, look how big mine is). I thought it was a funny clip, pure and simple, but I honestly didn't think someone would post a response about what a real fight is and what is not. No, it is not the ultimate fighting championship, but that really wasn't the point. Give me a break!

You forgot the part where I said, "This video is as hilarious today as was however many years ago" and turned it into a personal attack about me and my biceps :lol: nice.

One thing about email is that you can't inject voice inflections . . or atleast not accurately. Let's keep the personal attacks in the "woodshed".

:cheers

you mean behind it (the woodshed)? ;)

He was anti Nebraska when Frank was here....

Not true, he did host a "Tour Stop" from the Varsity Sports Bar (downtown) in Omaha after NU won the NC in 95, and he has always said good things about the people of Nebraska.

You may not like him, but he makes you think ;)

Yup he does make you think. He continously makes me think he is a moron. I have listened to him a few times, and every time he talks about Nebraska, he finds a negative and never focuses on a positive. When it comes to Notre Dame, USC, Oklahoma or Florida St, his tone of voice changes to that of someone playing with himself. :blink:

his voice is just sooo annoying... 2 minutes of that and i hafta turn it to something else, how does that stay on tv

i can stand to listen to him either, no matter what the subject. the perfect example of a talking head. the average sports fan can know more that he does just by watching SportsCenter 2-3 times a week. He covers his of knowledge with... is that supposed to be humor?

I understand the concept that radio guys have to be a bit out there to stay on the air- in sports radio and political radio, fine. but Rome isn't *out there* and controversial and "makes you think"; personally, he just makes my ears bleed, even on subjects where i don't disagree in the least. he just does it in the most childish annoying manner.

:lame

is nothing more than some bar pushing match between 2 guys that don't want to fight but keep running their mouths anyway - big f'ing deal.

2 guys running their mouths? after Jim's first warning, Rome could have easily moved on to an actual interview between two adults but instead, he baits Everett with namecalling. Rome knew he was going to get a confrontation and pushed it. IMO that incident perfectly shows what kind of jerkoff child Rome is.

Romes TV show sucks and his radio callers are pretty annoying but his personal takes usually make me laugh.

His "take" on Callahan and our weak offense is pretty valid. the fact that the defense is outscoring the offense is a big concern and I have read several posts on this board about "Callahan just not understanding the college game" If saying things like that make you a douchebag and an a$$hole then this posting board is full of them (or maybe just a bunch of homers).

Our program deserves to be criticized right now. We do it all the time. When we were good he had plenty of good things to say.

Like every other broadcaster, Rome is all about the ratings and he'll get them however he can (see Howard Stern). If Callahan would field a decent offense and stop his self-denial by saying things like, "we'll take what we want; not what the defense gives us" and admit that our offense looks like a jailbreak gone horribly wrong, maybe he'd get a little respect from Rome and those like him. Unfortunately, sometimes those that speak the truth are attacked for doing so, especially in this state. Rome has never put down Husker fans. He always backs them as some of the classiest fans in the nation. He's bashing Callahan -and deservedly so. :box

You know jeph, that comment was made along time ago. I think it is time to drop it. We all have said things, I am sure it was said to show confidence in the team. But of course you team bashers could never understand that.

Personally I like that statement alot better that, "well they are moving around well out there." He has confidence, something cowardly internet posters normally lack.