Freshmen QB comparison

cb1954

Where are the fumble stats, the brett favre flicks, number of aubiles called/not called at?????????

Im actually being serious.

Theirs more to a QB than TDs, INTs, Yards per game. Most people dont even look past those main 3.

Martinez is a special player there's no doubt but what I want beyond that is intangibles and a winner's persona. An air of personality that Frazier had, that Cam Newton has.

It could click on for him. It took Vince Young three years for it to finally click.

Where are the fumble stats, the brett favre flicks, number of aubiles called/not called at?????????

Theirs more to a QB than TDs, INTs, Yards per game. Most people dont even look past those main 3.

Martinez is a special player there's no doubt but what I want beyond that is intangibles and a winner's persona. An air of personality that Frazier had, that Cam Newton has.

It could click on for him. It took Vince Young three years for it to finally click.

i couldn't agree more, like Aikman said, regarding Jay Cutler, the guy doesn't know how to inspire his offense, he doesn't show enough mental toughness, standing on the sidelines, no headphones, showing disinterest, except when he is in the game, yes, TM has a loooong way to go.

I’m a big fan of T-Magic, but if you only look at these stats it's a bit misleading. A lot of Martinez’ stats came early in the schedule. Frazier and Crouch didn’t take over full time until well into the conference schedule. Mike Grant started ahead of Frazier the first few games. And Crouch traded off with Bobby Newcomb for over half the year. Until Newcomb got hurt, I think.

Still, the stats Martinez put up this year are pretty impressive for a frosh QB. His highlight reel is nothing short of incredible.

T-Mart has a lot of great attributes. The main was is the burst that he has, but his throws aren't that horrid either. When he is fully healthy and a threat to hurt teams with his feet, passing lanes open up and he is more than capable of delivering the ball on time and with accuracy. We all talk about his bad games, but, other than Texas, he was fine, that was until he got injured. In the Texas game, from me, T-Mart gets a pass. Texas focused on the run game and T-Mart delivered some nice passes. Plays should have been made that weren't, and that might go back to him being a first-year starter. I remember hearing Jerry Rice saying that he and Steve Young didn't hit it off at first. That resulted in some miss communications on plays and some drops by Jerry, who said the ball had a different spin to it coming from a lefty rather than from the right hand of Joe Montana. T-Mart has a bit of an odd delivery, so it's not a total surprise that we had some drops in a huge game like that where we were all jazzed after a year of waiting. We simply tried too hard at times. As far as T-Mart vs. other QBs, I think that we can say that T-Mart is a better thrower than most of our option QBs from TOs tenure. Eric Crouch was a good runner, but he never clicked as a passer, even by run-first Nebraska standards. Oh, and by the way, EC shared time with the Monte Christo in that first year. Hard to believe, huh? T-Mart will be fine. Our O-Line will get better. The offense will improve. And we'll probably be hearing about Watson being good soon enough. Oh, and everyone here will say that they knew it was coming all along. GBR

If it doesn't click, we could start calling him T-Tragic! LOLMAOMFG!!!!!!1

...But seriously, I will make t-shirts.

T-Mart has a lot of great attributes. The main was is the burst that he has, but his throws aren't that horrid either. When he is fully healthy and a threat to hurt teams with his feet, passing lanes open up and he is more than capable of delivering the ball on time and with accuracy. We all talk about his bad games, but, other than Texas, he was fine, that was until he got injured. In the Texas game, from me, T-Mart gets a pass. Texas focused on the run game and T-Mart delivered some nice passes. Plays should have been made that weren't, and that might go back to him being a first-year starter. I remember hearing Jerry Rice saying that he and Steve Young didn't hit it off at first. That resulted in some miss communications on plays and some drops by Jerry, who said the ball had a different spin to it coming from a lefty rather than from the right hand of Joe Montana. T-Mart has a bit of an odd delivery, so it's not a total surprise that we had some drops in a huge game like that where we were all jazzed after a year of waiting. We simply tried too hard at times. As far as T-Mart vs. other QBs, I think that we can say that T-Mart is a better thrower than most of our option QBs from TOs tenure. Eric Crouch was a good runner, but he never clicked as a passer, even by run-first Nebraska standards. Oh, and by the way, EC shared time with the Monte Christo in that first year. Hard to believe, huh? T-Mart will be fine. Our O-Line will get better. The offense will improve. And we'll probably be hearing about Watson being good soon enough. Oh, and everyone here will say that they knew it was coming all along. GBR

Instead of the burst that he has.... I'd say the burst that he had. He showed no acceleration even remotely like his early acceleration... after about game 5.

Maybe he'll get it back.

It isn't really after the OSU game either. Taylor was always STREAKY. Some strings of insane good plays, and then some cold spells. He showed both against Missouri. His passing statline for that game is very good - 6/9, a lot of yards, at least one TD if I remember. But that second quarter he just went completely cold and made some awful decisions/seemed to panic. Then he got hurt. After his injury, there were really very few bright spots. But they were there, so you can see the potential. But he has to get consistency down, and how well/fast he can do that is really anyone's guess.

I’m a big fan of T-Magic, but if you only look at these stats it's a bit misleading. A lot of Martinez’ stats came early in the schedule. Frazier and Crouch didn’t take over full time until well into the conference schedule. Mike Grant started ahead of Frazier the first few games. And Crouch traded off with Bobby Newcomb for over half the year. Until Newcomb got hurt, I think.

Still, the stats Martinez put up this year are pretty impressive for a frosh QB. His highlight reel is nothing short of incredible.

Bingo was his name-o. Conference schedule T-Magic compared to conference schedule Frazier or Crouch = not as impressive. When you take out the K State game in which Taylor ran up gaudy numbers (+200 rushing yards, 4 TDs)against the worst defense in college football, the comparison would be even worse.

It's not helpful to have 9 of 12 total TDs against a few, mediocre opponents, and then spread out a few TDs in the 10 or so other, quality opponents we play. Good for the season stat line, not as helpful for the win-loss column.