Husker Tunnel Walk Song

marble

I think this is a topic that gets discussed at least twice a year on every husker message board. I for one think that Sirius has run course as it just doesn't get the crowd stirring as it used to. So what other songs could be used?

My Nomination

I just imagine the crowd doing the nah-nah's at the end. It would seriously test the rhythm skills of our fans but it would be :horns2 if we could pull it off.

• Fire 1

I think this is a topic that gets discussed at least twice a year on every husker message board. I for one think that Sirius has run course as it just doesn't get the crowd stirring as it used to. So what other songs could be used?

My Nomination

I just imagine the crowd doing the nah-nah's at the end. It would seriously test the rhythm skills of our fans but it would be :horns2 if we could pull it off.

Really? :facepalm:

If and when they ever do decide to change the music, I'd rather see the University create their own theme song. That way they wouldn't have to pay broadcast/copyright/licensing fees since they'll own the music themselves. Certainly there are some musicians affiliated with UNL that could get together and create something epic-like.

My Nomination

I'm gonna have to just stick with plain Nah on this one..............

If and when they ever do decide to change the music, I'd rather see the University create their own theme song. That way they wouldn't have to pay broadcast/copyright/licensing fees since they'll own the music themselves. Certainly there are some musicians affiliated with UNL that could get together and create something epic-like.

Maybe they should play that Nebraska fight song that Manheim Streamroller composed. Not that song rocks!

• Fire 1

Maybe they should play that Nebraska fight song that Manheim Streamroller composed. Not that song rocks!

That's hilarious.

Its also a perfect example for every single person on this board who thinks it would be a good idea to start a "new" tradition. 98% of the time, you'll get

"Nebraska! Nebraska!"

My Nomination

I really like Sirus as the song, but this is a tight song! Gotta love NiN!

I don't think anything in this world gets me more fired up that listening to Sirius playing over the speakers at memorial...

If you can hear it that is.

The funny thing is, that song is so ingrained in my mind that even when it's too loud to hear it I can still hear it exactly how goes, in my my head. No noisy crow or PA system can take that away from me!