Big Surprise???

Yeah, that was me who started the thread. At the time, I didn't know what kind of commotion I'd be causing because I didn't know the full extent of what was going on.

I checked around with several sources and heard that more then one coach is leaving, most likely Shawn Watson and Ted Gilmore, but possibly could be more.

When I asked a player about this he said "I haven't seen some of the coaches since the bowl game."

I understand what you are saying but keep in mind...a lot of memebers are really tired of the rumors that have been flying around for the past 2 months. There are a few that come on here with their "inside sources" which turns out to be crap. We get tired of it (atleast I do) so I hope you understand.

Plust with national signing day tomorrow, rumors are the last thing our potential recruits need to be reading.

Yeah, that was me who started the thread. At the time, I didn't know what kind of commotion I'd be causing because I didn't know the full extent of what was going on.

I checked around with several sources and heard that more then one coach is leaving, most likely Shawn Watson and Ted Gilmore, but possibly could be more.

When I asked a player about this he said "I haven't seen some of the coaches since the bowl game."

I understand what you are saying but keep in mind...a lot of memebers are really tired of the rumors that have been flying around for the past 2 months. There are a few that come on here with their "inside sources" which turns out to be crap. We get tired of it (atleast I do) so I hope you understand.

Plust with national signing day tomorrow, rumors are the last thing our potential recruits need to be reading.

I try never to listen to just one person, I usually check things through a few people, and if it's solid enough, I'll say something. I stake the reputation of our website every time I post, so I try not to take it lightly. The fact that a player told me some other things led me to believe it was true.

I'm not saying I want recruits to go elsewhere, but I'd be pissed if the guy recruiting me was dismissed from the team.

Another thing, which may be totally unrelated, but I'm certainly disappointed that Shawn Watson feels above the need to recruit anyone other then a QB. An offensive coordinator should at least be talking to WR/RB's. I'll be excited when we get a OC who wants to go out and grab stellar players for his offense. Whether that is Tim Beck or an external candidate, I don't know. I'm going to keep pursing names on who could be potential replacements.

If there are changes to the staff you can bet that the recruits know already.

If we recruit kids without telling them that certain coaches are likely to leave, then announce the coaches' departure after NSD, we have some pretty huge integrity problems. For a guy who preaches integrity over and over, I don't see Bo flat-out lying to the kids he's trying to convince to come to Nebraska.

• Fire 1

If we recruit kids without telling them that certain coaches are likely to leave, then announce the coaches' departure after NSD, we have some pretty huge integrity problems. For a guy who preaches integrity over and over, I don't see Bo flat-out lying to the kids he's trying to convince to come to Nebraska.

Yeah, I certainly hope so.

That's why you recruit a kid to come to the school based on the program, not on the coaching staff, or the players that are currently there.

I remember something coming out ahwile ago that Jamal Turner supposedly said. If i remember right(the rumor was) in an interview with scout he told them that Beck told him (turner) that he was going to be the new OC.

I would think that we would have told our offensive recruits the news before they sign on the dotted line. Bo has too much integrity to do that, and hes smart enough to know that it would give him a bad reputation. If something is going to happen with the coaches i would bet that the recruits already know...especially the offensive ones, especially Turner, and even Bubba because hes been saying all along that hes wanted to play for Watson.

That's why you recruit a kid to come to the school based on the program, not on the coaching staff, or the players that are currently there.

Exactly, but all too often you hear that this or that player wants to come to the school because of this or that coach. The kids should have a good relationship with the coaches, but sometimes it becomes more coach than school, and that's when you lose recruits.

I must say, though, that if we improve our staff - and that's not a given, nor is it even proven that this is where we're headed - but if we improve our staff, losing a few recruits is a fair short-term trade.

exactly...you beat me too it

I don't want to do this.

Due to my vital role in NU athletics and the contract that I signed dictating my silence on all internal issues concerning the University, I am most likely assuring my termination by coming on this board and stating what I am about to. It is worth it. I can stay silent no longer.

Bo went to a little arcade in a strip mall about 3 weeks ago with his kids. After entrusting his children with a total stranger covered with tattoos associated with South American gangs, he found himself tucked into the corner of the room, staring down a thirty-five year old Skee Ball machine. Bo went to WAR with this machine...hours he spent. Under handing balls up the slope. Screaming with neck tendons flared, eyes wet and shimmering with an almost homicidal type of mania. Scaring children, women...costumed mice and other woodland creatures. After five hours, victory was Bo's. All time high score. The CHAMPION.

So back to Lincoln. Bo, sprinting into the office of the AD, runs past Shawn Watson and Barney Cotton with barely a second glance. He didn't notice them, for they couldn't have been farther from the front of his focus. Tom is on the phone when Bo comes raging into the office. One hinge is ripped from the corner of the door upon his violent entrance. Not only does Bo fail to notice this damage, he strides aggressively to Tom's chair, takes the phone from the Doctor's hand and slams it into the receiver. Shards of plastic sliver into the air and one strikes Osborne on the hand. His eyes slightly widening with surprise, Tom calmly asks his frenzied HC, "What is the meaning of this, Bo?"

Bo can barely speak straight. "Skee Ball! When the wolves of war are at the moat, you have to sacrifice a pawn or two! I mean it!" Tom is perplexed. He can't draw any connection between hungry wolves and Skee Ball, but he can see he has a problem. His young charge is a helluva defensive coach, but he might also be clinically insane. "Take a Xanax, Bo, and come back in 40 minutes." Bo takes it without even being aware of it, like you or I breathe. He leaves. Tom settles into his chair to think.

One hour and twenty-seven minutes later, Tom Osborne and Bo Pelini emerge from Tom's office. Bo looks drained, pale, and placated. Tom, looking like a man who has dodged only the first of many lightning bolts certain to strike from any angle at any time, slips a note into my pocket. I am to make a purchase, to be delivered Wednesday afternoon. Bo, naturally, brought the team together to inform them of this imminent and program-changing event.

Skee Ball in the locker room, folks. The Insider 2 is coming out in a couple months. It's about me.

• Fire 2

I don't want to do this.

Due to my vital role in NU athletics and the contract that I signed dictating my silence on all internal issues concerning the University, I am most likely assuring my termination by coming on this board and stating what I am about to. It is worth it. I can stay silent no longer.

Bo went to a little arcade in a strip mall about 3 weeks ago with his kids. After entrusting his children with a total stranger covered with tattoos associated with South American gangs, he found himself tucked into the corner of the room, staring down a thirty-five year old Skee Ball machine. Bo went to WAR with this machine...hours he spent. Under handing balls up the slope. Screaming with neck tendons flared, eyes wet and shimmering with an almost homicidal type of mania. Scaring children, women...costumed mice and other woodland creatures. After five hours, victory was Bo's. All time high score. The CHAMPION.

So back to Lincoln. Bo, sprinting into the office of the AD, runs past Shawn Watson and Barney Cotton with barely a second glance. He didn't notice them, for they couldn't have been farther from the front of his focus. Tom is on the phone when Bo comes raging into the office. One hinge is ripped from the corner of the door upon his violent entrance. Not only does Bo fail to notice this damage, he strides aggressively to Tom's chair, takes the phone from the Doctor's hand and slams it into the receiver. Shards of plastic sliver into the air and one strikes Osborne on the hand. His eyes slightly widening with surprise, Tom calmly asks his frenzied HC, "What is the meaning of this, Bo?"

Bo can barely speak straight. "Skee Ball! When the wolves of war are at the moat, you have to sacrifice a pawn or two! I mean it!" Tom is perplexed. He can't draw any connection between hungry wolves and Skee Ball, but he can see he has a problem. His young charge is a helluva defensive coach, but he might also be clinically insane. "Take a Xanax, Bo, and come back in 40 minutes." Bo takes it without even being aware of it, like you or I breathe. He leaves. Tom settles into his chair to think.

One hour and twenty-seven minutes later, Tom Osborne and Bo Pelini emerge from Tom's office. Bo looks drained, pale, and placated. Tom, looking like a man who has dodged only the first of many lightning bolts certain to strike from any angle at any time, slips a note into my pocket. I am to make a purchase, to be delivered Wednesday afternoon. Bo, naturally, brought the team together to inform them of this imminent and program-changing event.

Skee Ball in the locker room, folks. The Insider 2 is coming out in a couple months. It's about me.

just playin, it was actually quite creative. it just seemed like a good time for that line.