Big Surprise???

Wow. Im gone for 4 days and supposedly theirs gonna be a big surprise on Wednesday. :bs: The unscheduled team meeting was prob for the fact the 3 husker players have had DUI's in the last 7 weeks. Bo or whoever probably called a meeting to refresh the players of what the expectations are for them while they are student athletes.

Nothing to see here, now back to basketball season.

wait......when did we get basketball?

• Fire 1

Good lord this thread blew up since I last stopped by yesterday evening. I'm going to take a wild guess and do a quick summary on what I missed:

1) Someone claimed to know something about a staff shakeup (coaches will now eat Arby's for lunch on Wednesdays or something).

2) Everyone else accepted the above statement as pure fact and have been praising said poster every since.

Am I right?

This whole thread is really kinda ridiculous. EZ-E, I've really come to respect the info that you post on this board, but really, Bo could have been talking about anything if your friend did indeed hear what Bo said. His friend could have a bd on Wed. and wanting to know what Bo got him and Bo told him you will find out Wed. They could have been talking about anything.

Now, BigWillie is usually always right with his info but he has not said anything about this happening. In fact, the post he did make in this thread is kind of debunking this whole rumor from what it looked like to me. If I'm wrong, I will eat my helping of crow, but until I hear otherwise Im expecting the same staff for next year.

Those are the 2 people I've come to trust. Even though they haven't put anything in this thread (other than EZ's Blueman post) I have sen them lurking. Their names are often listed in the people reading this thread. It helps fuel my conspiracy driven little mind.

Good lord this thread blew up since I last stopped by yesterday evening. I'm going to take a wild guess and do a quick summary on what I missed:

1) Someone claimed to know something about a staff shakeup (coaches will now eat Arby's for lunch on Wednesdays or something).

2) Everyone else accepted the above statement as pure fact and have been praising said poster every since.

Am I right?

Not really.

But considering how desperately Watson had been applying for every OC position at every grade school across the country, if it turns out tomorrow night that we have a coaching change, would it really surprise anyone?

If there are changes to the staff you can bet that the recruits know already.

If we recruit kids without telling them that certain coaches are likely to leave, then announce the coaches' departure after NSD, we have some pretty huge integrity problems. For a guy who preaches integrity over and over, I don't see Bo flat-out lying to the kids he's trying to convince to come to Nebraska.

I agree with this 100%. That is what has been bothering me about the whole thing. To wait til after the kids sign (or right before) to do this is not right.

The idea that the team and high school recruits know these things and it isn't leaked everywhere is also not something I can believe.

If there are changes to the staff you can bet that the recruits know already.

If we recruit kids without telling them that certain coaches are likely to leave, then announce the coaches' departure after NSD, we have some pretty huge integrity problems. For a guy who preaches integrity over and over, I don't see Bo flat-out lying to the kids he's trying to convince to come to Nebraska.

I agree with this 100%. That is what has been bothering me about the whole thing. To wait til after the kids sign (or right before) to do this is not right.

The idea that the team and high school recruits know these things and it isn't leaked everywhere is also not something I can believe.

Who knows how long Bo's known for sure he was going to make the changes, though? That's one aspect of this no one seems to have brought up yet.

I'd like to think we wouldn't keep recruits in the dark intentionally, but if Bo only just finally decided on staff changes earlier this week, it's not like he'd been hiding it from recruits since the end of the season. Isn't it a dead period right now? If that's the case, he couldn't tell recruits.

This whole thread is really kinda ridiculous. EZ-E, I've really come to respect the info that you post on this board, but really, Bo could have been talking about anything if your friend did indeed hear what Bo said. His friend could have a bd on Wed. and wanting to know what Bo got him and Bo told him you will find out Wed. They could have been talking about anything.

Now, BigWillie is usually always right with his info but he has not said anything about this happening. In fact, the post he did make in this thread is kind of debunking this whole rumor from what it looked like to me. If I'm wrong, I will eat my helping of crow, but until I hear otherwise Im expecting the same staff for next year.

i would just like to point out that willie is not right as often as you would think. he speaks like horoscopes and picks out one thing thats obviously going to happen so that he looks right.

p.s. ill tell you that i know whats going to happen (cuz i do) but then ill get that stupid old stale salt water aquarium guy crap so ill keep it to myself. thats why most of the people with actual inside info have stopped posting it on this board, some of you guys ridicule them with stupid crap even when someone is right...just sayin.

i would just like to point out that willie is not right as often as you would think. he speaks like horoscopes and picks out one thing thats obviously going to happen so that he looks right.

p.s. ill tell you that i know whats going to happen (cuz i do) but then ill get that stupid old stale salt water aquarium guy crap so ill keep it to myself. thats why most of the people with actual inside info have stopped posting it on this board, some of you guys ridicule them with stupid crap even when someone is right...just sayin.

I think we need an Insider support group on this board. Someone strike up the violins.

:yeah To think that 150+ people could sit in on a meeting and leave it with absolutely no comment about the meeting's purpose is naive (sorry for using the word knapplc). People know. But, for some reason unless they can provide a link from the Lincoln Journal, or the Herald they are full of sh#t. Then people around here get all pissed off and call out said posters when in reality that's why most of us are on here in the first place. If you are only willing to believe something when it's posted by McKewon or Sipple then stay off HuskerBoard and wait for it to come out in the paper. Don't fill a thread with 100 posts talking about smoke, fire, and speculation.

• Fire 3

:yeah To think that 150+ people could sit in on a meeting and leave it with absolutely no comment about the meeting's purpose is naive (sorry for using the word knapplc). People know. But, for some reason unless they can provide a link from the Lincoln Journal, or the Herald they are full of sh#t. Then people around here get all pissed off and call out said posters when in reality that's why most of us are on here in the first place. If you are only willing to believe something when it's posted by McKewon or Sipple then stay off HuskerBoard and wait for it to come out in the paper. Don't fill a thread with 100 posts talking about smoke, fire, and speculation.

i have the sudden urge to do some googling. your avatar gets me every time.

ya i hear ya, i have no connections as of yet, i do have a cousin walking on so maybe i will have some inside info someday, probably not. I hate when people give you guys crap and ask for a link. If you dont believe someone then dont believe them, unless they have been proven to be wrong ALOT or ALL THE TIME then give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe im too trustworthy but its quite obvious who is right the majority of the time around here, and it really pisses me off when guys follow up their good info with a bunch of BS. Sure eveyones going to be wrong every once in ahwile because things are always changing.

If you want your info from a source then read the paper in the morning and find out a few days later. If you want to find out a couple days earlier then stop efiing with the guys who know whats up.

• Fire 3

Spill it, bro :thumbs

Spill it, bro :thumbs

:yeah