Recruit not happy about the Marvin situation

Integrity, anyone?

This is not good. Don't like how Pelini has handled this situation.

I don't hear any other big name programs canning their asst. coaches the day after LOI day. Everyone fired their assts right after the bowl games and then just let the cards fall (recruiting-wise). Pelini was clearly trying to pull a fast one on these recruits, waiting until they signed binding letters of intent.

This just feels wrong IMHO.

Integrity, anyone?

This is not good. Don't like how Pelini has handled this situation.

I don't hear any other big name programs canning their asst. coaches the day after LOI day. Everyone fired their assts right after the bowl games and then just let the cards fall (recruiting-wise). Pelini was clearly trying to pull a fast one on these recruits, waiting until they signed binding letters of intent.

This just feels wrong IMHO.

From what I've read about Bo these past couple of days, he was up front and honest with the recruits.. This article points towards the direct opposite. Not exactly the sort of thing to happen to a coach and program that preaches integrity.

But didn't a lot of us speculate this is what Bo was doing right from the get go when nobody got fired right away?

Could you explain? (Sorry for not reading through pages of conspiracy threads :) )

We heard rumors that there were firings on Sunday or Monday I believe. He is saying we didn't want to make it official until after signing day incase any of the recruits decided to jump ship. After they sign their LOI, it is a binding contract. Some people thought Bo would have told the recruits by then, but some speculated he did not tell them before NSD. He said he did at the press conference yesterday, but this article shows otherwise.

But didn't a lot of us speculate this is what Bo was doing right from the get go when nobody got fired right away?

Could you explain? (Sorry for not reading through pages of conspiracy threads :) )

I've heard it multiple times from people on message boards and in the media saying look for something to happen after signing day, I have no links but I've heard it said before.

In the end Bo is right. This is about Bo and the program. Sanders is (was) a part of that vision and he can be replaced. I do think SOMETHING should of been said, or they should get on the phone with the guy, but in the end, you come to play for Nebraska and the program Bo is putting together, not Sanders....

Yeah but we basically fired 3 assts the day after LOI day. Frankly, it was practically the NIGHT OF. Name me one other program that did that this year. Everyone else sorted out their assts in early January. Pelini didn't fire his 3 then because he didn't want recruits to defect.

I agree that it is about the program, and not playing for a specific asst. But if that's true, then why not fire the assts back in the first week of January (like every other school did)? This reeks of desperation on our part.

It was posted a couple of days ago that Sanders and a few others will be let go after NSD. Many said it was to keep any recruits on line until they committed then run Sanders (and the others) out, in a blatant deception. It was suggested that posting such info could scare off recruits, although now we are faced with recruits seeing our coaches as people who will hide things to get what the want. In the end I still think you come to play for Nebraska, its history/traditions, and the vision Bo has for it, not for one minor coach, although it could hurt how future recruits view our program.

In the end Bo is right. This is about Bo and the program. Sanders is (was) a part of that vision and he can be replaced. I do think SOMETHING should of been said, or they should get on the phone with the guy, but in the end, you come to play for Nebraska and the program Bo is putting together, not Sanders....

Yeah but we basically fired 3 assts the day after LOI day. Frankly, it was practically the NIGHT OF. Name me one other program that did that this year. Everyone else sorted out their assts in early January. Pelini didn't fire his 3 then because he didn't want recruits to defect.

I agree that it is about the program, and not playing for a specific asst. But if that's true, then why not fire the assts back in the first week of January (like every other school did)? This reeks of desperation on our part.

Well Pelini has some damage control to do now. One other guy on here yesterday said Starling is none to pleased about this either and has one foot out the door. Can't remember who it was, but he was right about all his info the previous couple days.