Recruit not happy about the Marvin situation

Not good at all, I continue to support Bo through every tough time that's happened since he's started but my God these are starting to build up, and build up quick and it's all about character...I think eventually we will get to a point where we are not going to want Bo around and realize the kind of person he is..I still support him but wow

i think you are spot on...integrity is more important here than winning at all costs...this sucks, it really does....wake up BO, your reputation is on the line for all to see.

To both Hunter and the Bobfather.... you two have been faithful, insightful and wonderful contributors to this board. All three of us(and many others too) have been posting for quite some time now and we all love the Huskers...

When people like us... died in the wool Husker fans of the first order are now coming to realize that this Pelini thing must come to an end... well this indicates that the problems now are regarding character and integrity.

While I am embarrassed and saddened by what NU football has become under Bo... I am encouraged that there are still Husker faithful --- like you two guys who recognize that NU integrity is something that is more important than wins and losses.

I support the program... of course. What is best for the program at this point is to not stop with the OC and some assistants. Lets start this thing over with a new staff. Lets restore integrity to NU.

robsker, as always your posts are N-sightful, but we all know, especially you, that the ship has been re-launched and Pelini is now the captain. the state of Husker football had fallen so far, that we quickly embraced the first viable coach we could find, hence Pelini, i believe, was hired with probably only an eye to turning things around and fast! in that desperate moment to right the ship, i doubt there was much character evaluation considered when picking a new coach, obviously Callahan was missing some aspects of what we wanted in a HC as well, so once again, we don't get the whole package in Pelini that we all had hoped for.

now, what happens next is up to Bo. this time around i don't think just winning will be enough, this guy has got to get his head right and show some integrity...it needs to start now.

• Fire 1

Not to defend Bo or the fact that this kid didn't know about what changes were coming, but Chatelain is just pushing his own agenda. Not only is he painting the article itself, but he probably asked the kid leading questions trying to create the controversy. Is the kid upset, yes, but does he feel like he got completely screwed and doesn't want to come to Nebraska anymore? I don't think so...

We're also not the only place going through this sort of thing. Scott Frost appears to be considering leaving Oregon. He has some recruits that like him out in Oregon, and if he decides to bolt they'll be stuck too. There are probably some Indiana recruits that feel the same way about Corey Raymond. I think you have to do everything you can to avoid these situtations, but who knows what timeline Bo is on or what other factors are at play. Maybe Watson isn't gone yet, maybe he's only gone if Bo secures a commitment from one of his coaching targets. Hard to say...

+1

Dirk is a douche bag and I hope people aren't getting fooled by the **** suckers at the OWH who very badly want Bo out because they were in the Gill camp from day 1. Make no mistake. . .they had an article the first day questioning if Bo was the right hire and pointing out the time he blew up at Snyder and wondered when he'd do it again. They've constantly pushed a negative agenda against him. When was the last time you saw a story talking about all the good he does? Where was the story stating that Football 101 was canceled because BC threatened a law suit because football 101 was his brain child?

Did anyone else notice that only a DB recruit was quoted in that story? Perhaps its because all of the recruits knew the offense was changing directions but the Sanders thing was the only surprise that cropped up and it was all Sanders doing. . that had nothing to do with Bo. And of course. . .they're trying to make it look like it was Bo's fault. The OWH is dealing in half truths here people.

Where was the story stating that Football 101 was canceled because BC threatened a law suit because football 101 was his brain child?

What? That's stupid - we've been doing Football 101 here at Nebraska since the Osborne days. Callahan may have been the first to make it a breast cancer fundraiser, but the event itself predates him by a decade, if not more.

• Fire 1

Not to defend Bo or the fact that this kid didn't know about what changes were coming, but Chatelain is just pushing his own agenda. Not only is he painting the article itself, but he probably asked the kid leading questions trying to create the controversy. Is the kid upset, yes, but does he feel like he got completely screwed and doesn't want to come to Nebraska anymore? I don't think so...

We're also not the only place going through this sort of thing. Scott Frost appears to be considering leaving Oregon. He has some recruits that like him out in Oregon, and if he decides to bolt they'll be stuck too. There are probably some Indiana recruits that feel the same way about Corey Raymond. I think you have to do everything you can to avoid these situations, but who knows what timeline Bo is on or what other factors are at play. Maybe Watson isn't gone yet, maybe he's only gone if Bo secures a commitment from one of his coaching targets. Hard to say...

+1

Dirk is a douche bag and I hope people aren't getting fooled by the **** suckers at the OWH who very badly want Bo out because they were in the Gill camp from day 1. Make no mistake. . .they had an article the first day questioning if Bo was the right hire and pointing out the time he blew up at Snyder and wondered when he'd do it again. They've constantly pushed a negative agenda against him. When was the last time you saw a story talking about all the good he does? Where was the story stating that Football 101 was canceled because BC threatened a law suit because football 101 was his brain child?

Did anyone else notice that only a DB recruit was quoted in that story? Perhaps its because all of the recruits knew the offense was changing directions but the Sanders thing was the only surprise that cropped up and it was all Sanders doing. . that had nothing to do with Bo. And of course. . .they're trying to make it look like it was Bo's fault. The OWH is dealing in half truths here people.

whether the OWH has an agenda is pure speculation...the fact remains, Bo has committed a series of blunders that is detracting from the integrity of the program...there may not be as much "fire" here as some perceive, but the fact that there is "smoke" is undeniable......

Coaches were upfront to the offensive guys about what was coming. Bo did not commit the sins of sanders and wanted sanders to remain on the staff. When something unofficial and unresolved happens days before signing you have hands tied. I don't blame bo. I moved on and forgive and forget. Just like Charles Jackson will. On to spring ball.

College Football is a multimillionaire dollar business and these kids should know that. Kid should've know some thing was up when other coaches were visiting him instead of Sanders.

You play for the university instead of an assistant coach. You come to play for Nebraska because of a lot of reasons instead of an assistant coach.

I'm sure Bo will get this straightened out. Everybody needs to take a chill pill.

We're also not the only place going through this sort of thing. Scott Frost appears to be considering leaving Oregon. He has some recruits that like him out in Oregon, and if he decides to bolt they'll be stuck too. There are probably some Indiana recruits that feel the same way about Corey Raymond. I think you have to do everything you can to avoid these situtations, but who knows what timeline Bo is on or what other factors are at play. Maybe Watson isn't gone yet, maybe he's only gone if Bo secures a commitment from one of his coaching targets. Hard to say...

+1

:yeah

This should be a non-story. It's not Bo's fault Jackson wasn't forewarned about Sanders. (offensive coaches would be another story however, but Sanders is different.) Legally Bo probably wasn't even able to discuss his employment status outside of a small bubble of people. The fact that we speculated on his status doesn't count for much in reality. There is a process things like this have to take to absolve the university from any future legal issues. Pelini had to let that play out.

The fact that a kid that has been on the team 1 day warrants the kind of response from an NU fan like "someone needs to fly out there and talk to this kid right away" is just BS. The only difference between him and the other 20 defensive backs on the team is that he hasn't even set foot on campus yet. Why does he deserve more than Dennard, or one of our walk on DBs? He's a player - he's no longer a recruit. The timing sucks for everyone, but blame Marvin for not scheduling his transgressions better, not Bo and the legal team at the university.

I'm tired of hearing BS about character and integrity and how Bo has none, and that's more important than wins and losses. You people will be the same ones that throw the next guy under the bus when he goes 5-7 with a policy that includes curfews, no girlfriends, and church 3 days a week. This is a business where success IS NOT measured by the number of scout laws (trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, reverent) Bo posesses. The fact that he even preaches any of them is fantastic. When was the last time you heard Kiffin use any of those. All the blue hairs that yell at the people standing at games think every coach out there should be an eagle scout first, and a coach second...winning be damned. That's the BS here. This is not the same business you blue hairs remember. It's not the 70's, 80's, or even 90's. A coach used to make 100k a year...the equivalent of you and I. Now it's a business where coaches demand millions, and programs are valued in hundreds of millions. It's not going back. Embrace it, or stfu...and for god sake stand up and cheer during a game.

Note: Had to Google the scout laws - I don't live by any of them either.

• Fire 2

Not good at all, I continue to support Bo through every tough time that's happened since he's started but my God these are starting to build up, and build up quick and it's all about character...I think eventually we will get to a point where we are not going to want Bo around and realize the kind of person he is..I still support him but wow

i think you are spot on...integrity is more important here than winning at all costs...this sucks, it really does....wake up BO, your reputation is on the line for all to see.

To both Hunter and the Bobfather.... you two have been faithful, insightful and wonderful contributors to this board. All three of us(and many others too) have been posting for quite some time now and we all love the Huskers...

When people like us... died in the wool Husker fans of the first order are now coming to realize that this Pelini thing must come to an end... well this indicates that the problems now are regarding character and integrity.

While I am embarrassed and saddened by what NU football has become under Bo... I am encouraged that there are still Husker faithful --- like you two guys who recognize that NU integrity is something that is more important than wins and losses.

I support the program... of course. What is best for the program at this point is to not stop with the OC and some assistants. Lets start this thing over with a new staff. Lets restore integrity to NU.

robsker, as always your posts are N-sightful, but we all know, especially you, that the ship has been re-launched and Pelini is now the captain. the state of Husker football had fallen so far, that we quickly embraced the first viable coach we could find, hence Pelini, i believe, was hired with probably only an eye to turning things around and fast! in that desperate moment to right the ship, i doubt there was much character evaluation considered when picking a new coach, obviously Callahan was missing some aspects of what we wanted in a HC as well, so once again, we don't get the whole package in Pelini that we all had hoped for.

now, what happens next is up to Bo. this time around i don't think just winning will be enough, this guy has got to get his head right and show some integrity...it needs to start now.

Yep... he is the captain. But... borrowing from the metaphor... it is time for the Husker faithful fans to have a mutiny and get a new captain.

I agree that Pelini was hired at a time of desperation. Now... we need to bring in an established, experienced head coach who has demonstrated integrity, certifiable ability to lead, and who has had past success in leading young men, in serving as an ambassador for a university with distinction and who has had on-field success. I'd like to think that NU still could attract such a candidate. Maybe not. But I say lets try. I have seen enough of Bo.... and he is not what NU needs for their captain.

A side note... if I were the AD, I would petition the NCAA for a blanket release of all the binding letters for all 20 recruits so that the players are free to go wherever they desire. They came in under false pretense and it is only fair that they have options in view of the manner in which they were played.

Yep... he is the captain. But... borrowing from the metaphor... it is time for the Husker faithful fans to have a mutiny and get a new captain.

I agree that Pelini was hired at a time of desperation. Now... we need to bring in an established, experienced head coach who has demonstrated integrity, certifiable ability to lead, and who has had past success in leading young men, in serving as an ambassador for a university with distinction and who has had on-field success. I'd like to think that NU still could attract such a candidate. Maybe not. But I say lets try. I have seen enough of Bo.... and he is not what NU needs for their captain.

A side note... if I were the AD, I would petition the NCAA for a blanket release of all the binding letters for all 20 recruits so that the players are free to go wherever they desire. They came in under false pretense and it is only fair that they have options in view of the manner in which they were played.

WHOA!!! This is a tremendous overreaction! On a scale of 1 to 10 this issue with Jackson is a two, maybe three. kchusker_chris made a good point - it's entirely possible that Bo couldn't legally tell Jackson what was going on. Think about that before you want to run Bo out of here.

This wasn't a perfect situation, but for goodness' sake, let's not begin a witch-hunt at Bo over it. At worst it's "not ideal."

we need to bring in an established, experienced head coach who has demonstrated integrity, certifiable ability to lead, and who has had past success in leading young men, in serving as an ambassador for a university with distinction and who has had on-field success.

Name an experienced coach, and I'll name a dozen of his players that have been arrested. I'll dig up a pile of dirt and a garage full of skeletons. There are a handful of coaches out there that qualify as experienced and demonstrate integrity, leadership, and serve as exemplary ambassadors with distinction - and none of them have had on-field success measured the way NU demands it be measured.

Some of your attitudes toward bo are delusional and your negativity is impressively uncalled for. Robsker wants to fire a guy who has won 9, 10 and 10 games in 3 seasons. Good luck finding a replacement. Especially if pelini was fired for that kind of success ...as I remember urban Meyer turned neb down for that reason when solicit was fired. People need to relax.