Frost/Warinner

LOL

That is kinda sad for Sips, facebook quoting is usually reserved to boardgeeks not folks that are supposed to be legit journalists.

Like those dorks who become friends with recruits and players so they can try to feel like they are cool.

“Look who I am friends with on facebook”

Can you say stalker?

when-is-stalking-acceptable-19020-1289403177-1.jpg

If you were an up-and-coming assistant coach, and were trying to do what was best for your future: Do you associate yourself with Chip Kelly's offense, or Tim Beck's?

I wouldn’t blame him for staying at Oregon with Chip Kelly over coming to NU and learning under Tim Beck.

I mean come on Beck couldn’t even teach the running back how to hold on to the football but he is magically going to turn the whole offense around.

What I am trying to figure out is what the “he bleeds Husker red” people are going to think about Frost if he does or has already turned down NU. This will now make 2 times that when faced with the decision of going to the University and team he “loves” or picking the path that my help Team Frost reach their goals he has chosen the path that appear to benefit him. Thus turning his back on the team he “loves”. You never know though. Maybe in two years if Oregon doesn’t work out he can come crawling back to Nebraska like he did the first time.

Look at Major Applewhite. That guy left Alabama and an OC spot to come back to Texas as a Running Backs coach. He is now taking over part of the offense. His school came a calling and he went back to help.

If you were an up-and-coming assistant coach, and were trying to do what was best for your future: Do you associate yourself with Chip Kelly's offense, or Tim Beck's?

I wouldn’t blame him for staying at Oregon with Chip Kelly over coming to NU and learning under Tim Beck.

I mean come on Beck couldn’t even teach the running back how to hold on to the football but he is magically going to turn the whole offense around.

What I am trying to figure out is what the “he bleeds Husker red” people are going to think about Frost if he does or has already turned down NU. This will now make 2 times that when faced with the decision of going to the University and team he “loves” or picking the path that my help Team Frost reach their goals he has chosen the path that appear to benefit him. Thus turning his back on the team he “loves”. You never know though. Maybe in two years if Oregon doesn’t work out he can come crawling back to Nebraska like he did the first time.

Look at Major Applewhite. That guy left Alabama and an OC spot to come back to Texas as a Running Backs coach. He is now taking over part of the offense. His school came a calling and he went back to help.

I just think it's unfair to characterize Frost that way. I mean, if Nebraska respects him at all, they went to him because they think he's a good coach, not just because he has ties to the program. It's as unfair for Nebraska fans to expect him to come back just because he "bleeds red," as it is for Frost to expect Nebraska to offer him the offensive coordinator position just because he "bleeds red." Loyalty works both ways.

You're also talking about a guy who would instantly be the 3rd most recognizable person in the state of Nebraska if he joined the staff, and maybe he doesn't want that right now if it's not going to come with the job he actually wants.

Furthermore, if he weren't loyal to his current coaching staff and his own players and the fans he's worked for the past 2 years, why would Nebraska want him?

I wouldnt blame him for staying at Oregon with Chip Kelly over coming to NU and learning under Tim Beck.

I mean come on Beck couldnt even teach the running back how to hold on to the football but he is magically going to turn the whole offense around.

What I am trying to figure out is what the he bleeds Husker red people are going to think about Frost if he does or has already turned down NU. This will now make 2 times that when faced with the decision of going to the University and team he loves or picking the path that my help Team Frost reach their goals he has chosen the path that appear to benefit him. Thus turning his back on the team he loves. You never know though. Maybe in two years if Oregon doesnt work out he can come crawling back to Nebraska like he did the first time.

I just think it's unfair to characterize Frost that way. I mean, if Nebraska respects him at all, they went to him because they think he's a good coach, not just because he has ties to the program. It's as unfair for Nebraska fans to expect him to come back just because he "bleeds red," as it is for Frost to expect Nebraska to offer him the offensive coordinator position just because he "bleeds red." Loyalty works both ways.

You're also talking about a guy who would instantly be the 3rd most recognizable person in the state of Nebraska if he joined the staff, and maybe he doesn't want that right now if it's not going to come with the job he actually wants.

Furthermore, if he weren't loyal to his current coaching staff and his own players and the fans he's worked for the past 2 years, why would Nebraska want him?

I think what newearth was getting at is there is a large faction of people that think if Frost was offered the job he'd come in a second regardless of a number of circumstances because he "bleeds red". It's the argument most often used to counter any statement of why frost might not leave Oregon.

Oregon has better facilities - Response: Frost bleeds red NU's facilities are ncie enough

Oregon could probably pay him better - Response: He's a Nebraska kid he'd take a pay cut.

Oregon has a supperb WR recruiting class - Response: He's an NU graduate he loves it here.

Oregon is closer to the ocean - Response: He thinks the temperature of the Platte River is perfect.

Oregon provided an endless line of blond co-eds to tend to his every need - Response: He's from Wood River and likes corn-fed girls.

see what I'm sayin? :)

I think what newearth was getting at is there is a large faction of people that think if Frost was offered the job he'd come in a second regardless of a number of circumstances because he "bleeds red". It's the argument most often used to counter any statement of why frost might not leave Oregon.

Oregon has better facilities - Response: Frost bleeds red NU's facilities are ncie enough

Oregon could probably pay him better - Response: He's a Nebraska kid he'd take a pay cut.

Oregon has a supperb WR recruiting class - Response: He's an NU graduate he loves it here.

Oregon is closer to the ocean - Response: He thinks the temperature of the Platte River is perfect.

Oregon provided an endless line of blond co-eds to tend to his every need - Response: He's from Wood River and likes corn-fed girls.

see what I'm sayin? :)

I know what he's getting at... But it seems like he is justifying their position rather than berating it, like you are doing so nobly.

Also, do you now owe Casey Martinez royalties for using the phrase, "corn-fed?"

I just think it's unfair to characterize Frost that way. I mean, if Nebraska respects him at all, they went to him because they think he's a good coach, not just because he has ties to the program.

I would hope that is why if they did talk to him as well. But I don’t think it is.

I think they talked to him because he does have ties to the program not because of what he has done coaching wise so far. There are plenty of up and coming position coaches in America that don’t have ties the NU that nobody would even mention or think about going after. The only reason Frost is being pined after by the masses and dare I say NU is because he went here and because he is Scott Frost. I have said this numerous times Mike Grant is a WR coach that played at NU that has helped turn out some pretty good College Wideouts yet nobody is chubbing for that guy to come here. I wish I knew why not because he helped make Todd Blythe become one of the best WR in the Big 12 and also helped turn Jon Davis into a pretty good #2 WR in the Big 12.

Also I think we may actually agree on this topic but are really just going around in circles because of my lack of communication skills.

My bringing up the “Bleed Red” crap is more because of my twisted way of wanting to see the Frost boner folks turn on him like they did in 1996 and the early part of 1997. They are wooding so badly for him to come here that like kc chris pointed out most of their logic and reasoning is he “Bleeds Husker Red”.

I think I my have started to confuse myself on which side I am actually arguing now so maybe I will just become a spectator in this thread.

Sipple just posted the following on the Life in the Red blog:

OK, a quick update.

We'll have a story up on our site shortly ...

Scott Frost plans to remain at Oregon as a wide receivers coach instead of joining Nebraska's staff, the Journal Star has learned.

Frost and Bo Pelini this weekend discussed at length the possibility of Frost returning to his alma mater. NU likely needed to offer play-calling duties to lure Frost to Lincoln. But it appears Pelini is set to hand over those duties to Tim Beck, who just completed his third season as running backs coach.

Frost and Pelini ended their discussions with the feeling that Frost would stay put in Eugene, Ore. Maybe that could change. But based on what I'm hearing, both sides agreed that the timing may not be right for Frost's return to NU.

Nebraska has also spoken with former Kansas offensive coordinator Ed Warinner. But those discussions apparently have cooled.

Not surprising at this point, but at least it's something relatively official. Just another sign that Beck will be the guy. Link.

Edit: Sorry, knapplc. Didn't see your post on this in another thread until just now. Feel free to move this.

Edit 2: Well that was fast!