With All these Qb's who'll switch positions?

don't you think martinez would rather transfer than play a different position at nebraska?

No evidence either way on that.

We do have evidence that Cody Green approached the staff talking about possibly moving to TE last year, so that's one.

Here's where I see everyone in 2011:

Taylor Martinez - The starting position is his to lose all year.

Cody Green - #1A backup, most likely to switch positions

Brion Carnes - #1B backup, most likely to take over TMart's gig

Kody Spano - Likely will never take another snap at NU. Knees.

Ron Kellogg III - LaTravis Washington 2.0 Nice guy, won't see the field.

Jamal Turner - Redshirt

Bubba Starling - Signs with the Cubs as the #9 pick in the MLB draft.

don't you think martinez would rather transfer than play a different position at nebraska?

We do have evidence that Cody Green approached the staff talking about possibly moving to TE last year, so that's one.

Jamal Turner - Redshirt

Returns to NU at 28, after an okay MLB career, to lead us to a National Championship a-la Chris Weinke. :)

Jamal Turner - Redshirt

I doubt the Royals let the local legend get past the 5 spot

Jamal Turner - Redshirt

I don't think Turner will redshirt next year. I could see him as a slot receiver. We need as many offensive playmakers on the field as we can.

The reason I put Turner down as a redshirt is I'm not predicting a position switch. I have no idea if he'll stay a QB, but in a simple analysis it's easier to pretend he stays there.

It depends a lot on how durable Taylor is, and what Cody does. If Carnes wows everyone so much that Cody switches positions, we may keep Turner from redshirting just so we have depth.

If Cody stays at QB then we have Martinez, Carnes and Green ahead of Turner. With three years of Martinez and four of Carnes, it doesn't make sense to have Turner burn his shirt this year.

I think we're a bit premature on this thread. We’re not so QB deep that we should start switching guys around. It’s likely we will need some of those QBs. Remember our RB situation with Brandon Jackson a few years ago? Remember where he was on the depth chart, spring of 2006? He was buried waaay deep. Something like 6th or 7th. Way behind Marlon Lucky and Cody Glenn. Even behind Leon Jackson and Kenny Wilson. And I think guys like Thomas Lawson and Grant Miller even had the edge on B-Jax. Four months later he ended up getting the most reps. And now he has a ring to show for it.

I'd venture to guess Cody will be our back up QB. I don't see him switching positions his junior year. At this juncture, it would be pointless to switch Spano or Kellogg. I agree that Turner redshirts. Basically, this leaves Martinez as #1 Green #2 Carnes #3 for 2011. If Starling doesn't show up, I don't think any of them will switch positions. If he does show up, then I could see Turner eventually being switched. In a perfect setting, Spano and Kellogg would be serviceable enough to allow Cody to redshirt and switch positions. Without either of them having any experience, I just don't see that happening.

I could see us maybe moving Green or Turner sometime but we don't need to move anyone since we aren't overly deep at QB. We have just been thin at QB in previous years.

I'm looking back when thinking about being overly deep. Who were there in the 1994-95 seasons besides Frazier, Berringer, and Turman? Tony Veland was moved over to defense. In 1996-97, who did we have besides Frost and Lord? I'm sure we had people, but I just don't remember having any more than three QB's.