Prince or Peterson ?

Blaze1up

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bias or not, Prince appears to be the more polished of the 2. The only concern the pro scouts have is recovery speed. This may be irrelevant based on what team drafts each guy, because teams that run Tampa 2 deep will have 2 deep safeties and allow for deep help. I think they will be pleasantly surprised by Prince's speed at the combine, though. Peterson is an athletic freak, but his technique is not as good as Prince's. From what I have read is that the Lions want him bad, but he won't be around after Dallas picks.

Well, if I read right, Peterson has about 20 lbs. on Prince (who weighs 205)... 225 for a CB must be a PHYSICAL specimen. That's RB weight territory. He can probably punish people.

Unfortunately, measureables don't always equate to success... otherwise so many guys wouldn't be out of the league within years of entering it. So, if Prince is indeed more polished and less of a "project," I'd have to give him the nod. Ask the Raiders how well it works to take projects in the top 10.

It seems like most people like Peterson over Prince because of his ability in the return game, which has nothing to do with his ability as a cornerback. Not saying people on this board think that, but a lot of talking heads on ESPN and NFL Network do. If I had to take one, though, I'd be Prince.

Bias or not, Prince appears to be the more polished of the 2. The only concern the pro scouts have is recovery speed. This may be irrelevant based on what team drafts each guy, because teams that run Tampa 2 deep will have 2 deep safeties and allow for deep help. I think they will be pleasantly surprised by Prince's speed at the combine, though. Peterson is an athletic freak, but his technique is not as good as Prince's. From what I have read is that the Lions want him bad, but he won't be around after Dallas picks.

This made me giggle, how is prince more polished when peterson has been playing the cb position longer? Remember prince was CONVERTED to corner while cb is Peterson's NATURAL position. More polished means more experience and understands the position better, obviously peterson woul get the nod in that aspect. Peterson is faster than amukamara and its not even close. Have you even watched Peterson play at all? Peterson is a better coverage corner than prince and can be play better jam coverage. Just curious, how often have you watched Peterson play and tell me how his technique isnt as good a prince's? Also, Prince might be playing safety in the NFL considering scouts question his explosiveness, speed and ability to make plays on ball. But what do the nfl scouts know? Also, Peterson had made more plays on the ball than prince as well.

• Fire 1

This made me giggle, how is prince more polished when peterson has been playing the cb position longer? Remember prince was CONVERTED to corner while cb is Peterson's NATURAL position. More polished means more experience and understands the position better, obviously peterson woul get the nod in that aspect. Peterson is faster than amukamara and its not even close. Have you even watched Peterson play at all? Peterson is a better coverage corner than prince and can be play better jam coverage. Just curious, how often have you watched Peterson play and tell me how his technique isnt as good a prince's? Also, Prince might be playing safety in the NFL considering scouts question his explosiveness, speed and ability to make plays on ball. But what do the nfl scouts know? Also, Peterson had made more plays on the ball than prince as well.

Thread. Over.

• Fire 1

This.

Peterson is way more "polished" IMO and he gets that edge by playing in the SEC and seeing way more NFL credible WR's than Prince has seen in the Big XII(namely Justin Blackmon). Peterson has gone up and slowed down the likes of Julio Jones AJ Green and Darvin Adams at Auburn. The special teams factor is an asset that many NFL teams look at because it helps them fill a couple spots on the roster versus having to sign someone else a HUGE plus in their eyes.

I love Prince and what he has done here, especially while rocking the flat top. But there is a reason the "experts" have Peterson higher as well. So I pick Peterson as well.