Shatel: Fans need to be patient with Beck

Nexus

8:45 p.m., Wednesday: So far so good for Tim Beck. Last night, he won the radio show.

Beck's first public appearance as Nebraska offensive coordinator, a 15-minute interview on the Husker radio network Tuesday night, went very well. Beck said all the right things. He no doubt has Husker fans eating out of his hand after coming out of the box saying you can't be afraid to junk an old system and start over.

Continue Reading

As much as I agree with Shatel and hope that Husker fans do so, hes asking for a lot with the patience thing from Husker nation, I cant see it happening. Fans have had enough inept offensive production the past few years that Beck may have a year to start scoring points without people breathing down his back, IMO. Tough job he has.

Not THAT tough of a job. It's not like we were setting the world on fire the second half of the season.

If anything, we just need an offense next year that won't make mistakes and lose the game for us--kind of like the Baltimore Ravens and their offense during their Super Bowl run.

That's something well within Beck's grasp his first year on the job.

As much as I agree with Shatel and hope that Husker fans do so, hes asking for a lot with the patience thing from Husker nation, I cant see it happening. Fans have had enough inept offensive production the past few years that Beck may have a year to start scoring points without people breathing down his back, IMO. Tough job he has.

Not THAT tough of a job. It's not like we were setting the world on fire the second half of the season.

If anything, we just need an offense next year that won't make mistakes and lose the game for us--kind of like the Baltimore Ravens and their offense during their Super Bowl run.

I agree that a caveman could draw up a scoring offense, im saying he has a tough job in the schematics, but more or less pleasing Husker fans, people say a small improvement would enlighten them, but I am not so sure thats true.

I know they keep mentioning the KU offense from 2007 in these articles. Does anyone have a good video that really shows their offense? I did a quick search on YouTube and only found highlights that cut out most of the formations, motion, etc. and just focused on the results of the plays.

I know they keep mentioning the KU offense from 2007 in these articles. Does anyone have a good video that really shows their offense? I did a quick search on YouTube and only found highlights that cut out most of the formations, motion, etc. and just focused on the results of the plays.

I'm sure you could find a NU/KU DVD - I'm quite confident that with as many points as they hung on us you'd be able to see their entire offense in just that one game :)

I agree that a caveman could draw up a scoring offense, im saying he has a tough job in the schematics, but more or less pleasing Husker fans, people say a small improvement would enlighten them, but I am not so sure thats true.

Ahh, I see and agree. First time our offense mismanages us out of a game will set the board on fire and bring out the guillotine.