Does Nebraska have a legitimate chance to play in the National Championship game this year?

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't like these kinds of questions, and I'll tell you why.

Every team in the Top 25 has a "legitimate" shot to play in the title game. Even teams outside of the Top 25 have their opportunity. Last year, Missouri began the season unranked and made it all the way to the sixth spot in the country before losing to Nebraska. If they had continued to win, they probably would have jumped Oregon in the BCS standing and played in the national title game given a victory in the Big 12 Championship game.

The better question to ask is will Nebraska be in position at the end of the season to play for the national title game?

The even better question is will Nebraska be in the national title game?

Both of these questions I have to answer no. Nebraska has a legitimate shot, just like many other teams, but they won't get there in my opinion.

Yes I believe since Nebraska will be a top 25 team the odds are 1 in 25. If things start snowballing then who knows? I'd love it to be near the end of the season and the announcers are saying the cliche "This team is a year ahead of schedule".

And what gives you the idea that we will. Just curious.

Because Watson and Gilmore are gone?

Because Bo is the Head Coach? and he wasn't the last 3 years

Because Tim Beck is the only miss piece to the puzzle and if he was running the offense we would have played in the NC at least one of the last two years? huh? maybe BSC game, not MNC

Because “T-Magic” is back and he is a once in a lifetime talent and those types of players take teams to National Championships? lets give him the Heisman now (sarcasm)

Because the Big 10 really isn’t that good of a conference? we'll see

Because Barney will finally be able to teach the OL to block the way he wants instead of that sissy WCO style he was forced to the last 3 years? Except Barney can't teach...

Because T.O. is the AD and he is the Greatest Coach Ever? which translates into how many wins per year?

Because Niles Paul is gone and we won’t have to put up with his inconsistent play anymore? so is Prince, Haag, Gomes, etc, etc.

Because we had the #15 rated recruiting class? and all 10+ of those 4* recruits will get starting roles by August? #15 rated bunch of near non-contributers in 2011

Because “We are Nebraska”? didn't work for Marshall

:dunno

coming from you I think this has to be sarcasm...

:thumbs:cheers<_<

We definitely have a chance, I wouldn't bet on it or anything, but we have just a good a chance as most of the top teams out there right now.

The schedule is ridiculously hard, probably top 2-3 in the country. But I think that helps us. If we're a really good team, we will win 11 or 12 of our games. The schedule is going to reveal what type of team we really are. If we are what we think we are on defense, and Martinez develops, stays healthy and we get production from some of our freshman studs, we could have a great chance to go 11-1 or 12-0, and then win the Big 10 championship game.

A 12-1 record would give us a decent chance at making the National Championship, a 13-0 record and we're going, no doubt.

We definitely have a chance, I wouldn't bet on it or anything, but we have just a good a chance as most of the top teams out there right now.

The schedule is ridiculously hard, probably top 2-3 in the country. But I think that helps us. If we're a really good team, we will win 11 or 12 of our games. The schedule is going to reveal what type of team we really are. If we are what we think we are on defense, and Martinez develops, stays healthy and we get production from some of our freshman studs, we could have a great chance to go 11-1 or 12-0, and then win the Big 10 championship game.

A 12-1 record would give us a decent chance at making the National Championship, a 13-0 record and we're going, no doubt.

I think this year would be a really good one to just temper your expectations and focus on enjoying the thrill of seeing the Huskers host or travel to all the quality opponents the Big 10 has to offer. There are going to be so many unknowns that getting your hopes up too high is just asking for yourself to wind up drunk and angry at 2am writing a bunch of sh#t about how Tim Beck needs run out of town backwards on a donkey.

• Fire 1

And what gives you the idea that we will. Just curious.

Because Watson and Gilmore are gone?

Because Bo is the Head Coach?

Because Tim Beck is the only miss piece to the puzzle and if he was running the offense we would have played in the NC at least one of the last two years?

Because T-Magic is back and he is a once in a lifetime talent and those types of players take teams to National Championships?Because the Big 10 really isnt that good of a conference?

Because Barney will finally be able to teach the OL to block the way he wants instead of that sissy WCO style he was forced to the last 3 years?

Because T.O. is the AD and he is the Greatest Coach Ever?

Because Niles Paul is gone and we wont have to put up with his inconsistent play anymore?

Because we had the #15 rated recruiting class?

Because We are Nebraska?

:dunno

Hey, those highlighted has me slamming down the kool-aid. I vote....."yes"!

GBR!