CONGDON

skers

Maybe i'm just too used to the good ole days of when we sent out the kicking crew it was almost a definate 3. I don't know about this kid. He has missed three GIANT field goals in two games. What is the deal? Why don't we put Dyches in when Congdon is struggling? Does BC have something against this kid or what? Look at the numbers Dyches had a better freshman year even up to this point than Congdon is going to have...I don't know it's just frusterating not trusting a kicker to get it done. :steam:steam:steam

Maybe i'm just too used to the good ole days of when we sent out the kicking crew it was almost a definate 3. I don't know about this kid. He has missed three GIANT field goals in two games. What is the deal? Why don't we put Dyches in when Congdon is struggling? Does BC have something against this kid or what? Look at the numbers Dyches had a better freshman year even up to this point than Congdon is going to have...I don't know it's just frusterating not trusting a kicker to get it done. :steam:steam:steam

Dyches finished up 14/21 in 2003. Congdon is now 7/10. I wouldn't exactly say that I trust Dyches out there either. According to Callahan, the kickers were pretty much even in fall practice with Congdon pulling ahead late. Until he plays his way out of the job, he is the place kicker. Apparently, 7/10 isn't bad enough to lose your job. Sandro was less than 50% last year and he got 9 games. Congdon is an upgrade over that, Dyches hasn't looked awesome in warmups. I don't see your point.

Maybe i'm just too used to the good ole days of when we sent out the kicking crew it was almost a definate 3. I don't know about this kid. He has missed three GIANT field goals in two games. What is the deal? Why don't we put Dyches in when Congdon is struggling? Does BC have something against this kid or what? Look at the numbers Dyches had a better freshman year even up to this point than Congdon is going to have...I don't know it's just frusterating not trusting a kicker to get it done. :steam  :steam  :steam

Dyches finished up 14/21 in 2003. Congdon is now 7/10. I wouldn't exactly say that I trust Dyches out there either. According to Callahan, the kickers were pretty much even in fall practice with Congdon pulling ahead late. Until he plays his way out of the job, he is the place kicker. Apparently, 7/10 isn't bad enough to lose your job. Sandro was less than 50% last year and he got 9 games. Congdon is an upgrade over that, Dyches hasn't looked awesome in warmups. I don't see your point.

I hadn't realized Dyches had done so poorly in practices.

Dyches has one of the ugliest kicks I have ever seen, but for the most part, it does work.

Even on XP's, his kicks come in SO low it is unbelievable. Leg strength is not an issue with him at all, don't get me wrong. But I would guess the angle on his kicks have something to do with why the coaches are a bit scared to use him.

I for one have never seen anyone kick quite like Dyches does.

I am with Skip Bayless and his ESPN article-totally eliminate kicking field goals and PAT's from the game. Let the real athletes decide the game! If only we could have it that way....but we don't, and will have to live with a young kicker as he gets more comfortable.

btw: has anyone called to see if Josh or Kris brown have any eligibility left??? <_<

Skip Bayless and his ESPN article-totally eliminate kicking field goals and PAT's from the game.

I guess we'll just throw out all the games that were won by a kicker with enough gall to make a kick at the end of the game. How dumb is that?

I think that the kicking game adds an excitement to the game you may not otherwise get. Sometimes it gets the blood a-pumpin to see a team works its way down field, with seconds left, and kick a field goal to win. The kicking game meant a lot to this game (to NU and ISU). I don't think it would have been as great of a game without it.

Skip Bayless and his ESPN article-totally eliminate kicking field goals and PAT's from the game.

I guess we'll just throw out all the games that were won by a kicker with enough gall to make a kick at the end of the game. How dumb is that?

:yeah

On the other topic, the kicking is certainly suspect this year. Congdon may end up being a good kicker, but he needs some work, and a little leg strength.

I am with Skip Bayless and his ESPN article-totally eliminate kicking field goals and PAT's from the game.  Let the real athletes decide the game!  If only we could have it that way....but we don't, and will have to live with a young kicker as he gets more comfortable. 

btw:  has anyone called to see if Josh or Kris brown have any eligibility left???  <_<

Josh (or was it Kris?...no I think it was Josh) missed a game winning kick today...I don't like Seattle, but I hate to see former Huskers struggle... <_<

The coaches spend the first 15 minutes of practice every single day in a "game environment" and have the kickers kick one field goal after another. They move back a little after every kick, it actually gets pretty intense. If Dyches was better he would be in there.

Let's not forget Congdon made all his extra points in OT, and at that point in game with everything riding on it that is not easy, not your typical "chip shot"

With kickers at any level it is a love/hate relationship. When you have a kicker who wins a game for you, he is the best player and the team is so lucky to have them. On the other hand, you have a kicker who misses a game winning field goal he is the worst player and there is no reason to have kickers on the team. I agree with previous posts and how it makes the game interesting, especially when it comes down to the wire. I don't envy an of the kickers who have to come into the game with 2 seconds left and kick a 50 yard field goal, let alone an extra point to go ahead.