tressel situation

To be honest I don't know why what the players did was a crime in the first place. If it's their stuff why can't they sell it?

It's a touchy situation. One argument is that the university doesn't provide "the average student" with the benefits such as rings, jerseys, etc. It's an equal opportunity for students thing. But on the other side, should the football players be considered "average students?" What makes no sense to me is that they can sell it after they graduate without a problem.

Yahoo! Report: Tressel knew of victory over Michigan in April.

"Despite statements to the contrary leading up to the annual Ohio State-Michigan in November, an unnamed source has revealed to Yahoo! Sports that Tressel was aware that Michigan had no chance at victory as early as April. The source reports that a concerned Michigan fan questioned Coach Tressel about the Wolverine's chances at a Big Ten function, to which Tressel responded with hysterical laughing. If true, Tressel did not disclose this knowledge in the months leading up to OSU's mastery over Michigan for the 7th straight season."

:corndance:clap

To be honest I don't know why what the players did was a crime in the first place. If it's their stuff why can't they sell it?

Crimes and NCAA rules are apples and oranges. Still if your saying what's the big deal football rock stars make colleges millions that they need to fund all of the title VII sports than that is a different argument worth having.

Jim Tressel suspended 2 games, fined $250,000

Like Nexus said on my status, this is just self-imposed and the NCAA may come down harder.

Sweater vests and nerdy glasses don't hide the stank of Terrelle Pryor.

The NCAA probably wants to get this over ASAP after they already decided to let guilty players play in the Bowl game and then sit out the early season cupcake schedule. My guess it they will come down ever harder and make Tressel sit out three games just to show they are not chumps. Of course they will also decide that the Ohio State Spring Game will count as one of the three.

In May of 2009, The Columbus Dispatch reported that since 2000, Ohio State had reported to the NCAA more than 375 violations -- the most of any of the 69 Football Bowl Subdivision schools that provided documents to the newspaper through public-records requests. Most of the infractions were minor and resulted in little or no punishment.

All of them self reported.

We have no reason to be concerned about Bo going to Ohio State. That I am very sure of.

They already said Tressel will not be fired.

Even in the event that the worst happens to tOSU, Bo will not be heading to Columbus.

In May of 2009, The Columbus Dispatch reported that since 2000, Ohio State had reported to the NCAA more than 375 violations -- the most of any of the 69 Football Bowl Subdivision schools that provided documents to the newspaper through public-records requests. Most of the infractions were minor and resulted in little or no punishment.

All of them self reported.

Oh also, that number is for all 36 varsity sports, not just football.

What exactly has Bo done as a head coach to deserve to be considered for the Ohio State job? As far as I can tell, absolutely nothing. He is not leaving. No one wants him. Get over this Bo is the greatest coach in America garbage. He may well be in the future, but at this time he is not.

this program was in shambles when he got it. get real