Position changes

I could see them putting in a position that will be part WR and part RB and using athletes like Gilleylen there now. The position would flow from being a slot receiver to the backfield and play in either of those positions easily. We do have a few incoming freshmen that would be great in that position (Green and Abdullah) and some guys already on the roster (Bell, Turner, and I guess Gilleylen).

I'm excited to see what we do with a position like that and whether or not any of our players can become a player similar to what Harvin was at Florida.

On second thought..... maybe moving curenski to RB was in part of the evolution of our offense. Remember Florida a couple years ago with Percy Harvin. They got him the ball alot of different ways, including from the RB position.

So I guess im seeing the reasoning behind it only if we atleast try it during the season to see if it works. Curenski has ton of speed, Im worried about his ball security skills though.

:yeah

Rb/Wr hybrids are becoming more and more popular. it will be a la Danny Woodhead.

I love every clue we get about our offense. Its clear rbs will be a big part of the passing game. They arent really worries about wrs being too big....look at kinnie and mike mcneil

Doesn't Gilleylen weigh somewhere between 215-220? I supposed they are looking for another athletic player with size. Someone who can be used as a power back with speed ... and we know he has a lot of it straight away. But I don't know one way or another how his first step is ... this could make a difference whether he sees the lineup. Does he have the natural ability to find holes and follow blockers? Can he see the whole field? If he has none of these qualities, we will perhaps see him once or twice late in the fourth quarter against a weak non-conference team.

I'm going to go on record and say if nebraska puts all their best athletes on the field at once on O. they will be the fastest team in the nation..I say this because of one determining factor that gives them the edge....QB. and when i mean fast i mean foot speed, not tempo

I'm going to go on record and say if nebraska puts all their best athletes on the field at once on O. they will be the fastest team in the nation..I say this because of one determining factor that gives them the edge....QB. and when i mean fast i mean foot speed, not tempo

Tmart, Heard & Green will be one damn fast backfield. That's for sure. I don't know if it'll be the fastest in the nation but if not it's gotta be very, very close.

Tmart, Heard & Green will be one damn fast backfield. That's for sure. I don't know if it'll be the fastest in the nation but if not it's gotta be very, very close.

don't forget..bell, abdullah, baptiste, reed who is prob the fastest TE. ok lets make it a little less bold, Easily the fastest team in the big ten. duh right

and jamal turner. and if L. Ward can get some time at the H back. idk, either way we will be dynamic

but wait a lot of posters on this board were quick to point out that all of these new players have not done squat. I am looking out 2 years and see some serious talent that will be hard to stop.

I look at "this" year and see some serious talent. Rex, Tmart & Reed are the real deal. Heard & Green might be terrific too.

Why wait two more years?

Sure, kids who have never taken a snap of cfb are to some of us not ironclad all-Americans. We hope they will, but to state they're the "best" we have, and the best "leaders" we have (as so many have stated in another thread here) at at this point is simply....well....let's just say possibly not correct.

Gillylen is going to get lost in any rotation. I have nothing against him but he honestly seems lost at wide out. He has below average hands, not a really good blocker, and his route running is terrible. Maybe putting him somewhere else will help him out. He hasn't gotten a lot of playing time, and that is for a reason. His play isn't warranting it and others have passed him by.

With Jamal the coaches are trying him out at both positions (QB & WR) to see where he fits best within our system. They know he is a freakish athlete and they want to get him on the field. We know we have Cody Green, Taylor Martinez, Brion Carnes, and Ron Kellogg Jr. here for at least 2 more years each so for the time being we really don't need Jamal at QB so we can afford to move him around a bit, it will also help him pick up the offense quicker if he understands the way other positions work and how they're coached.

Just like you guys have said, we're trying to get as many athletic guys on the field as possible and if there is a position with a ton of depth, our coaches are going to move the talented guys around to other positions where they can see the field earlier. They're going to create competition and they're going to create depth. Coach Beck has said, we want to keep defenses guessing. We're going to have WR's line up as RB's sometimes and block, we're going to have RB's line up as WR's sometimes and catch or run reverses or block off the side. We're going to do the same thing with TE's etc. That way when Kyler Reed lines up no one knows if he's going to catch the ball or run the ball or block and the same goes with guys like Rex who may throw a pass or run a zone read as a QB or he may line up as a receiver or be used as a power back. I expect to see a lot of motion and up pace tempo with this offense and I expect us to start Taylor Martinez at QB with Cody Green and Brion Carnes getting snaps behind him.

I think when we see this offense in motion against Chatanooga next year, we're going to be fooled ourselves about what this offense is going to run. There's going to be all sorts of formations, all sorts of guys playing random positions at times, you're gonna see Martinez line up as a WR and a QB, you're gonna see Rex line up as a WR, QB, and RB. You're gonna see Kyler Reed line up as a FB, RB, WR, TE. You're gonna see Currenski line up as a RB and a WR and the same with Aaron Green and Ameer Abdullah. There's gonna be a lot of shotgun, some zone read, some play action pass, some option, some I formation, and maybe some diamond. Nebraska isn't going to be a __________ type of offense (pro-style, option, power I, etc) we're going to be a multiple offense with a few plays for each style in our playbook. We're going to pass a lot if a team fails to protect the pass, we're going to run it up the middle if the team has a weak line, we're gonna take it outside or long if a team loads the box. You get the point here...

We're gonna be like bees in a beehive, swarming and unpredictable, attacking anyone who comes near.

• Fire 1

With Jamal the coaches are trying him out at both positions (QB & WR) to see where he fits best within our system. They know he is a freakish athlete and they want to get him on the field. We know we have Cody Green, Taylor Martinez, Brion Carnes, and Ron Kellogg Jr. here for at least 2 more years each so for the time being we really don't need Jamal at QB so we can afford to move him around a bit, it will also help him pick up the offense quicker if he understands the way other positions work and how they're coached.

Just like you guys have said, we're trying to get as many athletic guys on the field as possible and if there is a position with a ton of depth, our coaches are going to move the talented guys around to other positions where they can see the field earlier. They're going to create competition and they're going to create depth. Coach Beck has said, we want to keep defenses guessing. We're going to have WR's line up as RB's sometimes and block, we're going to have RB's line up as WR's sometimes and catch or run reverses or block off the side. We're going to do the same thing with TE's etc. That way when Kyler Reed lines up no one knows if he's going to catch the ball or run the ball or block and the same goes with guys like Rex who may throw a pass or run a zone read as a QB or he may line up as a receiver or be used as a power back. I expect to see a lot of motion and up pace tempo with this offense and I expect us to start Taylor Martinez at QB with Cody Green and Brion Carnes getting snaps behind him.

I think when we see this offense in motion against Chatanooga next year, we're going to be fooled ourselves about what this offense is going to run. There's going to be all sorts of formations, all sorts of guys playing random positions at times, you're gonna see Martinez line up as a WR and a QB, you're gonna see Rex line up as a WR, QB, and RB. You're gonna see Kyler Reed line up as a FB, RB, WR, TE. You're gonna see Currenski line up as a RB and a WR and the same with Aaron Green and Ameer Abdullah. There's gonna be a lot of shotgun, some zone read, some play action pass, some option, some I formation, and maybe some diamond. Nebraska isn't going to be a __________ type of offense (pro-style, option, power I, etc) we're going to be a multiple offense with a few plays for each style in our playbook. We're going to pass a lot if a team fails to protect the pass, we're going to run it up the middle if the team has a weak line, we're gonna take it outside or long if a team loads the box. You get the point here...

We're gonna be like bees in a beehive, swarming and unpredictable, attacking anyone who comes near.

+1 to this, i am so excited to see this offense next year because it is going to be so unpredictable and unlike any other in the nation (or it could be anyways) i think the opposing defensive coaches are gonna lose alot of sleep trying to gameplan to stop it