Sounds fun Bull.

Out here (AZ) they chase Javelena.

Javelina-tpwd.jpg

You might consider using a muzzle loader..I had a coworker that really enjoyed tinkering around with one.

...To further curtail hunt pressure and better distribute hunters, permit-only HAM (handgun, archery, and muzzleloader) hunts were initiated in 1974, and archery hunting was limited to permit-only hunting in 1992. In 2006, Arizona began offering javelina permits for fall seasons as well as spring seasons....

I remember a friend telling me of some guys in Florida who would go hog hunting with just a bowie knife, duct tape and some dogs.... not how I would do it though...

Duct tape? Was that to keep their entrails from falling out while being transported to the hospital?

I went Boar hunting last year and used my .308, and that definatly did the trick. Also, if you want a place to go look at No Mercy Hunting in Oklahoma. My Father, and myself went there last year and had a great time. I took a 175 pound Russian Boar, and my Dad took a 225 pound Russian Boar. Great guides, great hunting ground, and great lodging.

If you also have a little extra cash to spend, ask if you can take a Ram they have on the property. They have Black Hawaiians, and some other species.