McShay on Husker's Draft

I think Roy Helu is being severely underrated in this one. Would not be too surprised at the rest of them. Prince dropped thanks to the surprising QB run early. Hagg probably goes low as a 'tweener with doubts about how his skills translate to one true position in the NFL, although Hagg was very key to our system here.

But Helu, I think, goes in the 3rd.

Really wish Prince would have gone to Detroit or TB, don't like the the Giants and don't see them headed on an upward trajectory.

Will be interesting to see if Hagg or Gomes get picked up in higher projected rounds by teams that trade down for more picks and roll the dice to reload new schemes (e.g. Denver).

Last year was a really bad year for NFL place kickers. Didn't keep track of Alex but you have to suspect a team like Pitt, NYJ or Dallas that had erratic kicking is interested + the added value as a backup punter.

Dunno, judging by how well the experts projected my opinion has to be right up there :LOLtartar

isnt that the same talib that played for ku?

Yep. He's a good DB, but he's crazy.

how so? i am not aware of anything crazy he has done, but i never had followed him or ku much for that matter

Arrested at KU. Attacked a teammate at Bucs rookie Mini-camp. Punched a Cabbie. Shot at some dude with his mommie's gun.... He's nuts.

this will be an unpopular post - but you see a list like that, realize how many NFL caliber players we had on that team...and wonder why in the hell we lost 4 games. I hope Pelini/Beck going forward become as good at utilizing tallent as they are at developing it. 3 OL from what seemed like a pretty mediocre OL? A reciever that couldn't catch the ball in college projects to the top 5 rounds? were we just drastically underutilizing our tallent?

Look at the Sooners in last years draft. The went 8-5 the year before, and had like 4 guys drafted in the top 21.

The Jints got a HELL of a bargain with Prince at #19. All I can figure is that teams were worried about his lack of INTs last year and Blackmon's TDs against him. It never ceases to amaze me how the decision-makers on an NFL team get suckered. This draft is going to come back to bite some of these teams in the backside.

The Jints got a HELL of a bargain with Prince at #19. All I can figure is that teams were worried about his lack of INTs last year and Blackmon's TDs against him. It never ceases to amaze me how the decision-makers on an NFL team get suckered. This draft is going to come back to bite some of these teams in the backside.

Schick and Nick Show on 1620 the zone had some draft guru on this morning, and he said pretty much the exact same thing. The lack of int's, getting beat deep a couple of times, and the way he played 7 yards off his man but still jammed him after the 5 yard cushion concerend some teams.

Schick and Nick Show on 1620 the zone had some draft guru on this morning, and he said pretty much the exact same thing. The lack of int's, getting beat deep a couple of times, and the way he played 7 yards off his man but still jammed him after the 5 yard cushion concerend some teams.

My personal take is that a lot of decisions are made by NFL owners, who consult their football people but don't necessarily listen to them so much. That or the NFL as a whole is just bad at judging talent. For every Suh out there we see a Ryan Leaf or a Kurt Warner, guys who shouldn't get drafted but are and guys who should get drafted and aren't. Aaron Rodgers at #24 comes to mind as well.

This is why I prefer college ball. I find it more a pure form of the game, even though there are a lot of less-talented guys on rosters.