Aaron Green Eager,

maybe you guys need to be reminded of eric crouch?

free sandwich ring a bell?

and yes i read the post from the guy saying God told him to do it. i dont think the NCAA takes what God has to say into account when looking at violations. the university is allowed to give so much to each player during their time at said university but there are clearly written rules in the NCAA bylaws stating that a player is not to receive anything from fans. thats just the facts.

The Ham Sandwich Incident

Results of the inquiry were:

No violations. Thanks for self-reporting. Have a nice day.

-Sincerely, The NCAA

A hat worth maybe $5 at a flea market won't get anyone in any trouble. This is much ado about nothing.

could still very easily result in an investigation which wont do anyone any good. stuff like this at other schools has resulted in fines in the past. fans need to act smarter than this.

Give the dude a break. He was a rabbid fan that wanted to meet AG and give him a hat (that he got for free and from the looks of it, couldnt be sold for $5). Not every fan reads NCAA rulebooks or UNL websites.

In contrast, the players must read the rulebooks and AG should have known to not accept it.

Give the dude a break. He was a rabbid fan that wanted to meet AG and give him a hat (that he got for free and from the looks of it, couldnt be sold for $5). Not every fan reads NCAA rulebooks or UNL websites.

In contrast, the players must read the rulebooks and AG should have known to not accept it.

Really? With every little thing that is going on in college football right now, I think everyone should be knowing the rules. It's not like that there are no investigations going on at all.

Yes, it does ring a bell. I believe Mr. Crouch received a free sandwich, for which he was not punished, and then went on to win a sh*t ton of games, play in a NC game, and win the Heisman. If this means AG will be in the same situation as Crouch (which you are CLEARLY suggesting, since you are "reminding" us), then I say "I'll take it!"

Really? With every little thing that is going on in college football right now, I think everyone should be knowing the rules. It's not like that there are no investigations going on at all.

LOL, really? im speechless you think this.

Yes because most people don’t have bigger things to worry about. Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go make room in my schedule to sit down and memorize the NCAA rule book just encase I am ever face to face with a player or recruit, the wife, kids, job, housework, other job, bills, coaching, friends can wait. <_<:nanalama:madash:dunno

and yes i read the post from the guy saying God told him to do it. i dont think the NCAA takes what God has to say into account when looking at violations. the university is allowed to give so much to each player during their time at said university but there are clearly written rules in the NCAA bylaws stating that a player is not to receive anything from fans. thats just the facts.

The Ham Sandwich Incident

Results of the inquiry were:

No violations. Thanks for self-reporting. Have a nice day.

-Sincerely, The NCAA

A hat worth maybe $5 at a flea market won't get anyone in any trouble. This is much ado about nothing.

could still very easily result in an investigation which wont do anyone any good. stuff like this at other schools has resulted in fines in the past. fans need to act smarter than this.

Things like this happen at every single university in the nation. The NCAA needs to worry more about the SEC and the Ohio States of the world than they do about this guy giving Aaron a hat. If Cam Newton and his family can make off with 180k that was given to that family in exchange for a commitment than they better not do anything to Aaron Green for accepting a hat. Although saying it like that does scare me because the NCAA is a flat out joke and needs to clean house.

I cant remember exactly, but I do remember one year that we self-reported something around 30 minor NCAA violations for all varsity sports. It was no later than 2008 as well. Nothing will come out of this.

Could, but won't.

The NCAA would not waste it's time with a fan giving an old ball cap to a recruit. If you want to get extremely technical, it's probably against NCAA rules what this fan did. But the NCAA is not going to waste time with something like this given the bigger problems they face with OSU, USC and the SEC. This is an extremely trivial issue.

all im saying is that as someone that donates money to the athletic department i dont think its cool to have some of that money be used for fines however small or trivial they may be because a fan thinks that God wanted him to give the hat to AG. furthermore, i know for a fact that this issue has already been brought to the attention of the compliance department (and no it was not me!). again the fan that did it also said in his thread that he knew he probably shoulnt do it and whether forge knew that or not (its written in a few places on this very board) does not matter because the person that gave the hat did know.

it is correct that it will equal a very small penalty at worst but the bigger issue is people thinking they can get away with it.

Now is definitely not the time to even tempt the NCAA with anything no matter how minor.

Think they aren't going to hammer people after scandals continued even after USC's punishment? just off the top of my head Cam Newton, Auburn, Oregon recruiting services, Boise State and Ohio State all with embarrassing scandals in the last year. Ohio State is probably going to get hammered twice as hard because of the scandals elsewhere.

God didn't tell anyone to gift student athletes or recruits anything (even an old hat) and anyone that thinks god did should be seeking psychiatric help.

Now is definitely not the time to even tempt the NCAA with anything no matter how minor.

Think they aren't going to hammer people after scandals continued even after USC's punishment? just off the top of my head Cam Newton, Auburn, Oregon recruiting services, Boise State and Ohio State all with embarrassing scandals in the last year. Ohio State is probably going to get hammered twice as hard because of the scandals elsewhere.

God didn't tell anyone to gift student athletes or recruits anything (even an old hat) and anyone that thinks god did should be seeking psychiatric help.

Nothing happened to Cam.

Nothing happened to Cam.

Until Auburn reaches the statute of limitations for violations last season I'd be worried if I was a fan. I certainly wouldn't discount that episode in contributing to the NCAA a few weeks ago basically saying they were going to start doling out harsher punishments. So someone will end up paying for it, may not even be Auburn.

It. Was. A. Hat.

Get a grip, people. This is not a scandal. It's a hat. If anything, Green will have to pay Alamo $5. We are not going on probation, there will not be a bowl ban, we will not lose scholarships over this.

It seems like people are just looking for any reason to panic. Calm down.

• Fire 1

It. Was. A. Hat.

Get a grip, people. This is not a scandal. It's a hat. If anything, Green will have to pay Alamo $5. We are not going on probation, there will not be a bowl ban, we will not lose scholarships over this.

It seems like people are just looking for any reason to panic. Calm down.

Thank you. This thread is insane.