11:00 am games

I've always hated 11 AM games. Always. Hated. Ugh. :madash

It almost seems too early to get up and play a game of football, and sometimes I feel that our team comes out more flat in the early mornings. I would prefer anything past 02:00, but 11 AM, it just seems the crowd is more dead, if you haven't been drinking all morning it may take a little time to wake up, and the overall atmosphere just seems a little weak.

But hey, we can't make the decisions, we just have to follow them.

If anything, I think this is one of the worst things about joining the Big Ten, that their conference games are super early like this. However, if this is the worst thing about the conference, at least in my opinion, I will GLADLY take it.

I've always hated 11 AM games. Always. Hated. Ugh. :madash

It almost seems too early to get up and play a game of football, and sometimes I feel that our team comes out more flat in the early mornings. I would prefer anything past 02:00, but 11 AM, it just seems the crowd is more dead, if you haven't been drinking all morning it may take a little time to wake up, and the overall atmosphere just seems a little weak.

But hey, we can't make the decisions, we just have to follow them.

If anything, I think this is one of the worst things about joining the Big Ten, that their conference games are super early like this. However, if this is the worst thing about the conference, at least in my opinion, I will GLADLY take it.

I don't think there's any question that the later in the day the game is, the more ramped up the fans and players get for the football game. Very rarely are we dead during a night game, but those early morning games never have the same intensity you get from a night game, at least in my opinion.

11 a.m. games all good as far as i'm concerned. it will be nice to have a regular game starting at 11 a.m. that i care about instead of trying to choose between a bunch of crap games in that time slot as i have in the past. plus it just makes the wait for our game that much shorter on saturday morning.

The biggest downside is that if we lose, i'll be pissed and won't care as much about the rest of the games that day. If we lost a night game, I just go to bed, and am done with it.

Agreed, it makes watching the games the rest of the day more difficult.

I love them.

I love not having to wait all day to watch the Huskers play.

When they win I get to enjoy it all day, when they lose I spend all day finding other things to do to take my mind off of it instead of going to bed pissed.

If I'm going to the game I'm able to head out in the morning, enjoy breakfast in Lincoln and enjoy the game without having to spend my entire Saturday prepping for/attending the game. By 4pm I'm home and able to do other things with my Saturday Nights that on typical gamedays when it's a late afternoon/night game I don't feel like doing before kickoff.

If I'm not attending the game and watching it on TV that post-game work gets done even faster and the evening is more open and less stressful than if the game were on late.

That said, an 11am game on Black Friday... sucks.

/They suck, hope the Iowa game is the only one!

I do think the next year's game will not be an 11:00 game. I think it was happens of circumstance if you will. The schools got together late to make the decision and the networks probably had a mindset about what games they were going televise and at what times before it was announced that Iowan and Nebraska would play that day (I think they just tried to fit it in to big network because of timing). I have no doubt this is a primetime game the next year.

This doesn't address your primary question though, for me I love the idea. I sh#t you not that I thought about moving to the west coast just so I could watch college football as soon as I woke up. I love it that much; no matter who is playing if there is a college football game on at 9:00 west coast time I am waking up to watch it.