Family keeps baby's gender a secret

He, she or it? Family keeps baby's gender a secret

By Rachel Elbaum

The first question people ask after hearing of a new arrival is usually, “Boy or girl?”

Friends and family of one Canadian couple are getting no answer to this simple inquiry. Kathy Witterick and her husband David Stocker have decided to keep baby Storm's gender a secret.

http://moms.today.com/_news/2011/05/25/6715267-he-she-or-it-family-keeps-babys-gender-a-secret?GT1=43001

I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around the benefits of doing this to your child.

I hate it when people use their own children to further some cause of their own.

Write a persuasive editorial about it. Go to some public forum to profess your interest in moving our society in a direction where gender distinction becomes irrelevant outside of the strictly biological sense of child bearing and the specific roles males and females play in that process. I am all for being allowed the opportunity to state your beliefs, and to be able to present them to the public in a non-intrusive manner. That is one of the truly great things about America, (I realize they're Canadian) that we're allowed such freedom of speech without fear of immediate reprisal in the form of the gulag or a bullet to the back of the head. But keep your child out of it. Don't force them to be a central aspect (or THE) central aspect of whatever agenda you are attempting to articulate and proliferate. Whatever this thing is, it's way more about the parents and their noble cause than it is about that little infant blinking and mewling up at the strange new world before them.

Douchebags.

abc news story

I always wonder how these kids end up in the long run. My family always tells my wife and me how big of hard a$$es we are on our kids.

I watch my sister (and others) let their kids do whatever the hell the want. What happens when you get to the point were someone (boss, teacher, landlord, police...etc) tell you "No, you can't do whatever you want"?

I think it is one of the reasons (not the only reason) we see so many people sponging off of their parents so late into 'adulthood'. Just a thought.