Future Schedule

Word is they will be announcing the teams that will be "filling the holes" for the future nonconference schedules. What teams would you like to see scheduled? Not any one year in particular, just some teams that will make some good matchups.

On my wish list are:

LSU--Can't remember the last time we played an SEC team other than a bowl game (although we do have Tennesee on a future schedule). I think LSU would be a great team to play with the Pelini connections.

TCU -- Good quality team and will be a member of the Big East next year.

Arizona -- Wildcats are my distant 2nd favorite team being an AZ resident. Tucson's a fun drive and weekend getaway for me.

UNLV -- I know, not a great team, but I just want another excuse to go to Vegas.

Another question while on the topic...how long do you think it will be until we schedule a Big 12 team? Personally, I would like to see us boycott the Big 12 teams until Dan Beebe is no longer comish.

We usually schedule one BCS team each year, and fill the rest with non-BCS teams. But matchups I would like to seewould definitely be an SEC team, like Bama or Florida. Florida State or Clemson too, I think those would be intriguing matchup as well.

There was something earlier in the year that they were trying to get something with OU for the 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century. I hope they can get that to go down.

1) Any SEC team (other than Vanderbilt, Kentucky, or Tennessee)

2) Oregon

3) Air Force (think it would be neat, given the heavy Air Force presence in NE)

Also, I second the suggestion to boycott the Big 12 teams, but would settle for modifying that to boycott only the members of the Big 12 that were not part of the original Big 8 (i.e., Texas, A&M, Tech, and Baylor).

I would like to see more SEC/ACC/Big12/PAC12 vs B10 match ups. I think it would also level the playing field somewhat if they played at B10 schools late in the season where wind, cold rain, snow could have an effect. Their offenses are based on fast tracks where the QB can play pitch and catch with a WR.

SEC teams (save Vandy) rarely travel to the midwest. Alabama is at Penn State this year. That will be the first major SEC team to play in a Big 10 stadium in like 25 years. Of course their excuse (somewhat legit) is that their conference schedule is tough enough. But look when SEC teams have played out of SEC country recently - mostly losses. UT at Cal, UCLA; UGA at Ok State, Colorado; Auburn at WVU. Maybe the SEC conf would not be viewed as so dominant if they had more out of conf losses like these.

UT and UGA are playing OSU in home and home down the road.

1) Any SEC team (other than Vanderbilt, Kentucky, or Tennessee)

2) Oregon

3) Air Force (think it would be neat, given the heavy Air Force presence in NE)

Also, I second the suggestion to boycott the Big 12 teams, but would settle for modifying that to boycott only the members of the Big 12 that were not part of the original Big 8 (i.e., Texas, A&M, Tech, and Baylor).

Especially agree with you there. But if we play any of the original 7 in the near future, I think we should insist that in both the home and away games that we get officials from a conference other than the Big 12, and to be fair to them, the Big 10.