Props to Martinez

He is pretty important for our team, I just don't know about the landscape of college football. His health is one of the most important things for our team this season.

True, but hopefully Carnes is capable enough that if Marty goes down again, we don't score <10 again. Or maybe RKIII or even Broekmeier can step up.

Damn. We're thin at QB.

Don't forget about our 2nd string QB, Rex.

IMO, there is no chance we see Rex in the wildcat this year. Especially if Taylor is healthy and the passing game is more effective than last years.

:yeah kind of think the RexCat was a last ditch effort when the O was struggling, I "HOPE" things are on the upside on the offensive side of the ball do they only pull the RexCat out of the back pocket for fun!

I don't think Bo and Taylor ever had a rocky relationship. Blown way out of proportion. Bo blows up sometimes because he blows up, and sure there was an incident there, but I think he always has had and continues to have TM's back. I see a lot of TM-Bo rift speculation, but I don't really buy it.

I think we are better off this year than last at qb even with the experience factor. Green just could not perform (nervous or dying to not screw up and it happened) and lee was just lee. The incoming ones are hungry and want to prove themselves and are not predisposed to Wats genius.

I don't think Bo and Taylor ever had a rocky relationship. Blown way out of proportion. Bo blows up sometimes because he blows up, and sure there was an incident there, but I think he always has had and continues to have TM's back. I see a lot of TM-Bo rift speculation, but I don't really buy it.

Especially since so many were saying the main reason TM was in the games late-season was because it was Bo's call. If I remember right, there were grumblings that Watson would have preferred one of Green/Lee but Bo wanted TM. TM was Bo's guy all season IMO. Doesn't seem like they have an issue with each other. No more so than Bo has an issue with Cotton - he simlarly chewed his a$$ after the A&M guy grabbed his junk. I think he chewed on E. Martin a few times last season as well - Okie St. game maybe? I saw Bo yell at a lot of players on the sidelines - that one was just magnified by the media a little more than normal...probably because of the cirumstances the game was played under.

When it comes to T-Mart - his relationship with Bo is at the bottom of list of things that could impact next season...right there just above speed and athletic ability.

Inb4 the Wrath of Hujan.

Very cute. Can't say I don't deserve most of that. To be fair, though, my problem is not with Martinez per se, but moreso with myopic Husker fans who think that ripping long runs against the likes of WKU, K State, and Washington means that he is and will always be the savior of Husker football. To put it mildly, I think that view overlooks a lot of his shortcomings as a quarterback, and I am not convinced he is worthy of the pedestal many of you have put him on.

But there are several upsides to Taylor, and it's high time I deal him some praise, so here goes:

I recall a very electric atmosphere in Seattle last year when we rolled into town. The UW fans were clearly amped up and that stadium can be very loud. I was worried how Martinez, a redshirt freshman, would handle the pressure of his first road start in that stadium. Amazingly, he took it in stride, leading the team to a quick score off the Locker interception. Later in the first half, after Washington responded with a long drive downfield and a score to bring it to 14-7, the crowd was suddenly back in the game. I thought for sure Martinez would not be able to keep the team's head in the game, but he succeeded and the game was ours.

Then they rolled into K State for the conference opener. On the road. At night. Like every Husker fan, I wondered whether he would be able to handle the pressure, or whether this would finally be the moment he would break. Of course, he kept his cool and the rest is history.

The Martinez lovers are fond of pointing out that he was "just a freshman" whenever someone criticizes him, but it is worth noting when he does something impressive as well. His stats may never again reach the gaudiness we saw in Manhattan or Stillwater, but the kid definitely has ice water in his veins, which is all the more impressive given his age.

Inb4 the Wrath of Hujan.

Very cute. Can't say I don't deserve most of that. To be fair, though, my problem is not with Martinez per se, but moreso with myopic Husker fans who think that ripping long runs against the likes of WKU, K State, and Washington means that he is and will always be the savior of Husker football. To put it mildly, I think that view overlooks a lot of his shortcomings as a quarterback, and I am not convinced he is worthy of the pedestal many of you have put him on.

I can't think of one single Husker fan who thought of Martinez as the savior of Husker football. I can think of a few of us who thought he was fairly impressive before his injury, especially for a freshman, and I can think of a few of us who thought he had perhaps the best freshman season of any Husker QB ever, since statistically he did.

But I can't think of one single Husker fan or message board poster who honestly thinks Martinez has locked up his spot in the Nebraska Football Hall of Fame. We "Martinez lovers" simply think he got off to a pretty good start, and we're waiting to see if he can live up to the potential he flashed during his freshman year.

Inb4 the Wrath of Hujan.

I can't think of one single Husker fan who thought of Martinez as the savior of Husker football. I can think of a few of us who thought he was fairly impressive before his injury, especially for a freshman, and I can think of a few of us who thought he had perhaps the best freshman season of any Husker QB ever, since statistically he did.

But I can't think of one single Husker fan or message board poster who honestly thinks Martinez has locked up his spot in the Nebraska Football Hall of Fame. We "Martinez lovers" simply think he got off to a pretty good start, and we're waiting to see if he can live up to the potential he flashed during his freshman year.

If what you say is true, then count me in. I can't think of a single thing in your post that I disagree with, except to say that Martinez's conference season statistics leave a lot to be desired, but we'll give him credit for the bum wheel. In any event, definitely count me in for two scoops of waiting and seeing.